X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Rogers said he couldnt cover cruz

this is a pro bowl corner

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-franci...ers-first-half

2:18 "i cant cover no option route all day!...when i go inside, the man go outside

how in the world can edleman, a WR, cover him? if they double nicks AND cruz, thatll be risky from a defensive perspective

Re: Carlos Rogers said he couldnt cover cruz

option route all day really disturbs me. Are the Giants the only team that does it as often as they do? If they are, then I really do have an issue with KG. I'm always preaching the same thing - consistency. With this type of offense, I can only guess that it's feast or famine. I'm not a fan.

Comment

Wow! I didn't expect that. I know cruz had a over a 100 yards against the niners in the NFC championship game, but I still thought that they played him well. He really didn't get that break out play that I was hoping for during that game.
      Lets go, Giants!

Comment

i wanna know why we NEVER do any running back screens

on a side note... i say we should try a wheel route to jacobs or bradshaw like we did in the first game against the eagles. doubt we will though

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]option route all day really disturbs me.* Are the Giants the only team that does it as often as they do?* If they are, then I really do have an issue with KG.* I'm always preaching the same thing - consistency.* With this type of offense, I can only guess that it's feast or famine.* I'm not a fan.[/quote]

yeah the NFL has moved beyond student body right, time to brush up on the new NFL

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]option route all day really disturbs me. Are the Giants the only team that does it as often as they do? If they are, then I really do have an issue with KG. I'm always preaching the same thing - consistency. With this type of offense, I can only guess that it's feast or famine. I'm not a fan.[/quote]

yes

it comes from Gilbride. He came up being a Run and Shoot guy and thats pretty much the only thing the run and shoot did. He took that concept and brought it to us and created his own offense really, which is like a hybrid-balanced run and shoot.
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]option route all day really disturbs me.* Are the Giants the only team that does it as often as they do?* If they are, then I really do have an issue with KG.* I'm always preaching the same thing - consistency.* With this type of offense, I can only guess that it's feast or famine.* I'm not a fan.[/quote]

Its probably why Belichick said in 2007 that the Giants' offense is so hard to defend...anything simpler, and Belichick's schemes would shut it down easily...

Comment

[quote user="Sintim97"]i wanna know why we NEVER do any running back screens

on a side note... i say we should try a wheel route to jacobs or bradshaw like we did in the first game against the eagles. doubt we will though
                [/quote]

KG calls them pretty often, actually...but the team either does a horrible job setting them up or something on the offense gives it away, because the opposing team always seems to have it covered...

Comment

[quote user="Sintim97"]this is a pro bowl corner

2:18 "i cant cover no option route all day!...when i go inside, the man go outside

how in the world can edleman, a WR, cover him? if they double nicks AND cruz, thatll be risky from a defensive perspective
                  [/quote]

The biggest enemy to these types of routes is pressure on Eli...

The "option" is to take whatever the db's give you.... in the video you see Cruz WORKING Rodgers and like he said theres no way he can cover that all day... if theres too much pressure in Eli's face though (as there was later in that game) there's just not the time to get it to him.

I know this isnt ground breaking news but I just dont see NE being able to pressure like San Fran did in the 2nd half.

Comment

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]

[/quote]

The "option" is to take whatever the db's give you.... in the video you see Cruz WORKING Rodgers and like he said theres no way he can cover that all day... if theres too much pressure in Eli's face though (as there was later in that game) there's just not the time to get it to him.

I know this isnt ground breaking news but I just dont see NE being able to pressure like San Fran did in the 2nd half.

[/quote]

don't sleep on NE's front 7

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="Sintim97"]i wanna know why we NEVER do any running back screens

[/quote]

KG calls them pretty often, actually...but the team either does a horrible job setting them up or something on the offense gives it away, because the opposing team always seems to have it covered...[/quote]

we run alot of screens I think

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="gumby742"]option route all day really disturbs me. Are the Giants the only team that does it as often as they do? If they are, then I really do have an issue with KG. I'm always preaching the same thing - consistency. With this type of offense, I can only guess that it's feast or famine. I'm not a fan.[/quote]

yes

it comes from Gilbride. He came up being a Run and Shoot guy and thats pretty much the only thing the run and shoot did. He took that concept and brought it to us and created his own offense really, which is like a hybrid-balanced run and shoot.
                        [/quote]

isnt a balanced run and shoot the same thing as a run and shoot? lol

Comment

IMO option routes are the cause of INTs, it forces the QB and the receiver to read each others minds and therein lies the problem..

Comment

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

which wont happen on sunday

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="Sintim97"]i wanna know why we NEVER do any running back screens

[/quote] KG calls them pretty often, actually...but the team either does a horrible job setting them up or something on the offense gives it away, because the opposing team always seems to have it covered...[/quote]

we run alot of screens I think
                              [/quote]

No we don't

We run the bubble screen to our receivers, and at times we put Ware or Bradshaw out on the flank for a quick pass.

We haven't been a screen team since Derek Ward left.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                              X