Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Simms dissing Eli on Inside NFL.

Inside The NFL has a panel with Rome and Simms
    arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner.
    Simms has not been an Eli homer at all in this weeks interviews.
    i don't think he wants Eli to be more prominent than he was.
    i'm embarrassed for Eli. and ashamed of Phil
    for being totally owned by Rome .
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Re: Phil Simms dissing Eli on NFLN

Simms is going to be an afterthought in a decade and he knows it.

Comment

Yea it must hurt seeing your record being broken by eli

Comment

someone shoot Simms with a tranq gun to make him stop talking. He's beloved in NY. Don't ruin it by opening your big mouth.
        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

Simms is afraid that Eli is going to break all his records, win more championships and be in the hall of fame.

Steal his thunder! Lot of ex-players are like that when a current player is stealing their thunder. Look at Favre freaking out because Rodgers is looking like the better Packers QB.

Comment

What did the Simms say?

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]NFL channel has a panel with Rome and Simms
              arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner.
              Simms has not been an Eli homer at all in this weeks interviews.
              i don't think he wants Eli to be more prominent than he was.
              i'm embarrassed for Eli. and ashamed of Phil
              for being totally owned by Rome .[/quote]Did you mean inside the NFL on show time? Rome was on Elis side but Simms wasn't as impressed it seemed.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="nyknstill!"]What did the Simms say?[/quote]

rome said eli wouldnt ever be able to catch peyton in terms of numbers, but for a big game qb, rome said eli is the better of the two.

simms was shaking his head before rome even finished his sentence. i actually felt a little bit sorry for simms. i actually agree with rome that in a big game, i'd take eli over peyton. peyton was like 0 for his first 7 playoff games and struggled badly in the playoffs.

it did come across like simms was a little bit threatened at what eli is becoming.

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simms

Comment

[quote user="bflo23"]Simms is afraid that Eli is going to break all his records, win more championships and be in the hall of fame.

Steal his thunder! Lot of ex-players are like that when a current player is stealing their thunder. Look at Favre freaking out because Rodgers is looking like the better Packers QB.
                  [/quote]

Farve should be happy,Rodgers choked and The best packers QB Flynn is about to get paid and leave green bay lol

back on topic, What did Simms actually say?
                  "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

To be honest, it wasn't as though Sims legacy with this team was so unbeatable it would take a generational talent to overcome him.

Eli deserves every bit of credit he has received this year.

Comment

If I were Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta or Miami I'd take Flynn w/ the quickness, even The Jets.

Comment

[quote user="nyknstill!"]If I were Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta or Miami I'd take Flynn w/ the quickness, even The Jets.[/quote]reminds me of KOLB. People gushed over Kolb over a few games.

Not saying Flynn won't work out, but man 1 game and your selling your franchise down the line for an unknown commodity?
                        Peace,
                        DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="nyknstill!"]What did the Simms say?[/quote]

rome said eli wouldnt ever be able to catch peyton in terms of numbers, but for a big game qb, rome said eli is the better of the two.

simms was shaking his head before rome even finished his sentence. i actually felt a little bit sorry for simms. i actually agree with rome that in a big game, i'd take eli over peyton. peyton was like 0 for his first 7 playoff games and struggled badly in the playoffs.

it did come across like simms was a little bit threatened at what eli is becoming.

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simms[/quote]Yea thats about right.

When you listen to Simms on NY radio he seems more pro Giants and Eli, but nationally he seems a bit different (not sure if he is trying not to be a homer, if he really means it, or a hater....Time will tell, and as usually I will wait for more info before i decide....)
                          Peace,
                          DragonSoul

Comment

All this media is supposed to be forentertainment how is it entertaining when it pisses upsetsso many of us off

They simply have the host zigthe guest zag...you want to stir things up who better to zag than Simms on this subject.....

I just don't watch it much anymore ...

Comment

Phil Simms is as irrelevent as Tiki Barber is now . I will forever be a Simms fan but Eli Manning is the best qb in Giant history .... Its nice to see people finally saying it. besides me

Comment

Working...
                              X