Someone convince me that we're going to win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone convince me that we're going to win

Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!

Re: Someone convince me that we're going to win

Just watch the game.

Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"]Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!![/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you.

Comment

Can't help you.

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).

If you're not really nervous about this game, you're stupid.

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"]Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!![/quote]

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.

Comment

don't worry about the mojo factor, it's a football game and all the motivation any player needs is that it is the Super Bowl

plus, things have started coming full circle ... these media types are having a hard time picking against Brady and Vegas still has us +2.5

all the talk has been about Gronk and Hernandez, but can you ever think of 3 more dangerous WRs in Giants history ... Nicks, Cruz and Manningham are going to wreak havoc on the Pats

finally, despite some unnecessary over-confident, trash talk statements by our D ... the bottom line is that our pass rush will move Brady off the spot and we will make life difficult for him ... not saying he won't make plays, but he is in for as long an evening as he experienced back in SB 42

now, having said all that, these games are usually determined by 5 or so key plays ... key turnovers, long TDs, STs, etc. ... but i do think we are better equipped to make those kinda plays

an Osi strip, a C-Web pick, a Cruuuuuuzzzzz cruise, a Nicks "this is my ball" TD

ALL IN!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Can't help you.

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.

[/quote]

Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Just watch the game. Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL[/quote]

+1. They're going to win it because they really are the better team.

Comment

1. Giants beat the Patriots already this season without Nicks and Bradshaw.

2. We match up well against the Pats, this team was built to beat teams like NE. Look how they handled Green Bay, who have similar offensive and defensive stats.

3. Gronkowski, their key pass-catcher, is hurt.

4. Brady will be riled up for revenge, which could distract him from fundamentals.

5. If there's one player on either team that will manage the hype, the crowd noise, etc., it's Eli Manning.

Comment

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?*

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.*

[/quote]

I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Early to bed and early to rise, makes "Eli" Healthy, Wealthy and Wise !
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Can't help you.

[/quote] Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.[/quote]

this game is so different than the ones we've played in the post season. GB is probably the most similar team, and they just weren't themselves that game.

i don't think the pats receivers will drop 8+ passes or have Brady firing over their heads.

i thought the 49er game was the toughest of the year for us, based on conditions and matchups.

This one is much much harder.

But the one thing that this team has done in the last 6 weeks is exceed my expectations, they only have to do that one more time.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"]

I'm in the same boat as you.

[/quote]

Me too

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"][quote user="Ruttiger711"]

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.

[/quote] I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.[/quote]

First, the JPP comment was about the last meeting with the Patriots.

This is what JPP stated.

“I think it will have much impact on his performance because if you look at Week 9, when we played them, it’s like he felt us,” Pierre-Paul said. “When we looked back on the film, we watched the film, and we didn’t really rush like we can rush as a defense. He was throwing balls on the ground and stuff.”

And this is what Canty said.

Big Blue's fans should "Get ready for a great day on Super Bowl Sunday … and get ready for a parade on Tuesday."

"I don't care, doesn't matter," Canty said in reference to how his statement may anger New York's Super Bowl XLVI opponent. "Obviously, Tom Bradymade a statement at their pep rally [last Sunday]. Obviously, both teams are here to try to win a football game. It just is what it is."

"I'm not trying to inflame anybody or anything like that," he said. "I want our fans to be excited about the game that's coming up on Sunday. It's going to be a great football game. It's going to be a 60-minute game, and hopefully we can put ourselves in the best position to be successful."

All 53 players are all in, time for the fans to be as well....

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

I'm just going to put my feet up and watch and enjoy the game

we already beat theses guys many times........if we lose it won't be the end of the world

Having said that the chances of us losing to this particular team is slim.......San Fran was the tough one

Comment

Working...
                              X