Blocked Punt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocked Punt

I'm sure many of you have noticed how close we came to blocking a punt in the GB and ATL game (I also think we may have been close in the DAL game but can't distinctly recall). I think the slower field in SF slowed the rush down on special teams or perhaps we were in more coverage schemes...not sure. Either way I would not be surprised if we got in there and blocked one on Sunday against NE. It could be a real game changer and momentum shifter. Just a thought.

Re: Blocked Punt

It's a double edged sword you miss and hit the punter it gives them another life. You must get the ball .

Comment

[quote user="Blue daddy"]It's a double edged sword you miss and hit the punter it gives them another life. You must get the ball .[/quote]
      True. I worry about that everytime we go for a block. However he is,right we have been coming within an eyelash of blocking one and it would be nice to get one on the Pats
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

yeah didnt tuck get a 5 yd running into the kicker vs the 9ers? or one of the playoff teams i know it was that much i believe it was the 9ers tho.

Comment

It has to be the correct time for something like that, like an onside kick they cant be expecting it.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]yeah didnt tuck get a 5 yd running into the kicker vs the 9ers? or one of the playoff teams i know it was that much i believe it was the 9ers tho.[/quote]

Yes, but it was 4th and 9 or something like that.

When its 4th and short they dont attempt to block it ive noticed. But anytime its 4th and 6+ they go for it.

Comment

Giants have been using more of their starters on STs since that blocked FG of JPP against Dallas. Would be nice to get one.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="giantsfan420"]yeah didnt tuck get a 5 yd running into the kicker vs the 9ers? or one of the playoff teams i know it was that much i believe it was the 9ers tho.[/quote]

Yes, but it was 4th and 9 or something like that.

When its 4th and short they dont attempt to block it ive noticed. But anytime its 4th and 6+ they go for it.[/quote]

yeah i remember, i think it was even further than 4th and 9. even if its 4th and 34 and its the 15 yd personal foul one, i believe its an automatic first down.

but yeah u r right slip i agree i noticed that.

Comment

For a touchdown or a safety?

Comment

[quote user="Voldamort"]For a touchdown or a safety?[/quote]

Let's get one of each.

Comment

Working...
                    X