Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Odell Beckham Jr Has Another Great Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    I love OBJ and he is an a incredible talent. But remind me again how many times a superstar wr was the reason for a team winning a championship? WR is one of the most over rated postions sadly.
    Ow my head
    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
      Really bro? He had a ****ed up hand last year, notice that in his first 2 seasons combined he dropped less balls than he did last year, he had like 3 his 1st season and like 4 the next, those are incredible numbers from a guy who sees his kinda targets (130+) usually the Calvin Johnson's and Randy Moss' and Terrell Owens always had close to 10 a year just from getting so many targets, it took Beckham injuring a hand (kinda important for catching the ball no?) to come even close to that, hell think how much an injured hand can effect a receivers play (many would be USELESS) he was STILL a top 5 receiver lol

As far as pure hands go, Beckham has the greatest anyone has ever seen, go watch every single play of his first 2 years until you remember that, nobody can do what he did
      Guess we'll see what this coming season shows - especially in the big games and expected playoffs. It looks more like a concentration thing to me, some of those attempted catches should have been routine.

Comment

I love OBJ and he is an a incredible talent. But remind me again how many times a superstar wr was the reason for a team winning a championship? WR is one of the most over rated postions sadly.
        A lot of fans just pay attention to the final step in big plays and TDs, and don't understand or appreciate the teamwork that sets up offensive success.

I enjoy many products available at the supermarket, but tend not to high five the stock boy.

Comment

Really bro? He had a ****ed up hand last year, notice that in his first 2 seasons combined he dropped less balls than he did last year, he had like 3 his 1st season and like 4 the next, those are incredible numbers from a guy who sees his kinda targets (130+) usually the Calvin Johnson's and Randy Moss' and Terrell Owens always had close to 10 a year just from getting so many targets, it took Beckham injuring a hand (kinda important for catching the ball no?) to come even close to that, hell think how much an injured hand can effect a receivers play (many would be USELESS) he was STILL a top 5 receiver lol

As far as pure hands go, Beckham has the greatest anyone has ever seen, go watch every single play of his first 2 years until you remember that, nobody can do what he did
          Oh stop it. He was an absolute no show in the biggest game of his career thus far. Don't start blaming a hand injury because he decided to party with beiber instead of focusing and preparing like a pro.

If he wants the big bucks, he better start acting like a big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            Guess we'll see what this coming season shows - especially in the big games and expected playoffs. It looks more like a concentration thing to me, some of those attempted catches should have been routine.
            You realize a drop can happen to anyone at any time right? A lot of times there's no real reason behind them aside from being a human, a human isn't going to catch everything thrown his way once in a while it's just gonna bounce off his hands, the best receivers in the league are usually at the top in drops because they get the most targets and again as a human you're bound to drop one out of every so many

Maybe there was a time or 2 he was pressing, anxious to make a big play (because he team desperately needed it, pretty common for US) and was thinking about the run before the catch was fully secured, that happens too especially when you rightfully have that much confidence in your mits

Don't get me wrong all the clear path 50 yard TDs he left out there this year made me wanna scream, but it's clear that the big factor with that this year was the injured hand because for 2 years before that he had the surest hands of anybody in football

Start acting like a big boy lol how easy it is to criticize men who have done 1000000x more with their life from your ratty torn up couch
            Last edited by Eliordie; 03-15-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Oh stop it. He was an absolute no show in the biggest game of his career thus far. Don't start blaming a hand injury because he decided to party with beiber instead of focusing and preparing like a pro.

If he wants the big bucks, he better start acting like a big boy.
              Lmao every one of your comments goes further in proving you have no clue what you're talking about

Don't blame an injured hand for dropping a ball, that statement alone would make me bet my house you never once put on pads

And get over the boat thing bro, you're grabbing a straws like the media wants you to, that had nothing to do with anything, Tom Brady has admitted to doing similar things pre-sociaol media era, tons of players do **** just like that

Football isn't 24/7 as much as you would like it to be, these guys have personal lives, and Beckham cares about the game/winning as much as if not more than just about anyone on this team

You got stones attacking someone's character over that, you should be ashamed of yourself

Comment

You realize a drop can happen to anyone at any time right? A lot of times there's no real reason behind them aside from being a human, a human isn't going to catch everything thrown his way once in a while it's just gonna bounce off his hands, the best receivers in the league are usually at the top in drops because they get the most targets and again as a human you're bound to drop one out of every so many

Maybe there was a time or 2 he was pressing, anxious to make a big play (because he team desperately needed it, pretty common for US) and was thinking about the run before the catch was fully secured, that happens too especially when you rightfully have that much confidence in your mits

Don't get me wrong all the clear path 50 yard TDs he left out there this year made me wanna scream, but it's clear that the big factor with that this year was the injured hand because for 2 years before that he had the surest hands of anybody in football
                There will be more chances in big situations this season, and we will see. That GB playoff game, our team had complete control the first half (other than actually putting points up, and Eli was handling things very well. I don't see how Beckham was pressured to make something happen, other than in his own mind.

Comment

Wait... Odell injured his hand last year?? Someone fill me in, links would be nice too.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                    There will be more chances in big situations this season, and we will see. That GB playoff game, our team had complete control the first half (other than actually putting points up, and Eli was handling things very well. I don't see how Beckham was pressured to make something happen, other than in his own mind.
                    That particular point wasn't about that game, just in general

The cold will contribute to drops as well.. I know you guys don't expect these players to be human beings but the fact is for any human being when it's that cold the likelyhood that a ball bounces off your hands goes up, can happen to anybody at anytime, it's not guaranteed but again.. the likelyhood increases

You throw 100 balls at a guy in that weather and 100 at the same guy in normal weather and there's a 99% chance that no matter who it is that person will drop more balls in the cold weather where the ball is harder this tougher to squeeze, add in an injured hand..

I doubt it was concentration and i know it wasn't some stupid boat trip a few days before

And let's not forget all the game winning plays he's made before questioning how clutch he is

Comment

Originally posted by rcrane View Post
                      Wait... Odell injured his hand last year?? Someone fill me in, links would be nice too.
                      Yup just Google "Odell Beckham hand injured" and a million things come up

He messed up his right thumb playing against the browns

Anyone wanna go outside and try catching a ball with a messed up thumb? My guess is a few here would brick everything thrown their way at 100%

Won't say any names

Comment

Wow yeah didn't know that, now I have excuses for my eagles fan friends on the drops.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcrane View Post
                          Wow yeah didn't know that, now I have excuses for my eagles fan friends on the drops.
                          Check my other posts on the matter to give yourself a full slate of ammunition for the argument lol

Idk how eagles fans can talk **** about anybody's WRs with that trash they put on the field last year, ask them how Randle is working out for them lol

Comment

They can argue all day with a wall and be just dandy. Very bitter people.
                            sigpic

Comment

In fairness I would be too, can't be easy lol

Take solice in knowing that if Beckham was an Eagle they would literally look at him as their God

Comment

He is a generational talent that will command a lot of money, which he will absolutely deserve. His 5th year option will get picked up and he will be tagged in 2019. Hopefully, every single prime year for OBJ will be spent in a giants uniform.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X