Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've had an OK offseason so far I guess, but....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they've had a very good offseason thus far. They resigned their biggest FA in JPP. They made a huge upgrade and filled a need at outside WR with Marhsall. They upgraded their TE group with Ellison.

At worst, with no additional moves, they are the same at OL with potential for improvement. But that's a pretty good spot to be in going into the draft.

Like I said, with the Fluker and Jerry signings they can now look at signing one more Vet and take a draft pick in the first few rounds, at least one of which should be someone that can compete for the LT spot.

With that, they'd have 7 players legitimately competing for 3 starting OL spots (assuming Pugh and RIchburg are entrenched in their spots). Competition is the best way to elevate these guys.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

The only thing ELI may worry about is an injury. I don't believe in fact i know he not worried about G.Smith or J Johnson to take his job.Especially, when his contract is in top three onthe team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
        We have not improved in the area where we were BY FAR the weakest last season: offensive line.

So I struggle to call this a good offseason to this point. Let's see what happens in the draft, but all signs point to us being really bad on the O line again.

Is that a good offseason?
        There hasn't been anyone dramatically better at o-line to sign this year or last. Teams hold onto their good o-linemen. You really need to draft and keep them.

There was a very good chance they would have drafted an o-lineman last year, but the top tier tackles were off the board before they drafted, except for Tunsil who had red flags.

Mediocre o-linemen are getting big $$$ and they aren't worth the money they are getting.

Comment

Nope.

Though there are some here who seem to regard him as immortal, so maybe.
          the offensive line we have is effecting the QB we have in a very negative way.

Comment

Whitworth.

The real answer to all of this is they should have drafted Tunsil when they had the chance. Unfortunately they were scared off because the guy did a bong hit in high school.

Good move there. How can anyone ever trust or respect someone who tried weed in high school? God forbid...
            No one cares about the weed, they care about the weed effecting the team if hes caught.

Apple was the smart and safe pick

Comment

Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
              There hasn't been anyone dramatically better at o-line to sign this year or last. Teams hold onto their good o-linemen. You really need to draft and keep them.

There was a very good chance they would have drafted an o-lineman last year, but the top tier tackles were off the board before they drafted, except for Tunsil who had red flags.

Mediocre o-linemen are getting big $$$ and they aren't worth the money they are getting.
              Agreed, with the way things are going with OL play, I think given the teams' options they are better off taking a numbers approach rather than sink tons of money into a Russell Okung or trading the farm for an aging Joe Thomas.

Better to give McAdoo a bunch of guys that, while not very good players individually, can compete with one another and hopefully one or two of them elevate their play so the OL can form a cohesive unit.

People forget that our vaunted 2007/2008 OL consisted of mostly a bunch of guys that were not considered great individual players. Certainly most of them did not have a lot of fanfare before they came together. Diehl and Seubert were late round picks and O'Hara came into the league as a UDFA.
              All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
              X