No announcement yet.

Is Nassib gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well , you can look at it this way.Giants traded Nassib (4th round ) for G.Smith (2nd round ). Don't know if it's a upgrade or downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      Was he ever really here?

LOL!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
        Well , you can look at it this way.Giants traded Nassib (4th round ) for G.Smith (2nd round ). Don't know if it's a upgrade or downgrade.

Not a downgrade. Either an upgrade or a push.
        sigpic

Comment

Why not just keep Nassib as our backup? He knows the system well. Maybe Nassib wanted a starting gig? Or look to see if he could get one anyways.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

[QUOTE=TheAnalyst;2039225]Why not just keep Nassib as our backup? He knows the system well./QUOTE]

"Knowing the system" and actually being able to execute it are two different things.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave Brown;2039227]
              Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              Why not just keep Nassib as our backup? He knows the system well./QUOTE]

"Knowing the system" and actually being able to execute it are two different things.
              And Geno doesn't do either lol

How do you know Nassib can't execute it BTW
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

[QUOTE=TheAnalyst;2039229]
                Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

I would suggest that the HC and OC and QBC have concluded that Nassib doesn't have the goods, right? Otherwise, he'd still be here.

Who here has had anywhere near the exposure to Nassib during practice and on film to go along with insights into his strengths/weaknesses than that group?

The fact that we are chasing Geno (not a terribly exciting addition) seems to underscore that the coaching staff has a low opinion of Nassib as a pro QB.
                Last edited by jomo; 03-19-2017, 02:50 PM.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

"He gone."

Hawk Harrelson
                  Play by Play
                  Chicago White Sox
                  sigpic

Comment

Nassib would be the first NFL player to be able to come back from "Clipboard Elbow".

Comment

It's not that Geno is anything special. It's that Nassib, from what we have seen of him over the past few years in both practice and preseason games, does not appear to belong in the NFL as even a number three guy. He cannot make routine simple throws.
                      I never saw enough of Nassib to even have an opinion on him..

Comment

just wondering where have people seen enough of Nassib to have such strong opinions on him...

Comment

[QUOTE=TheAnalyst;2039229]

Because I have seen him play.

And I'd also say the fact that he was cut tells you something.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                            just wondering where have people seen enough of Nassib to have such strong opinions on him...
                            I have often wanted to ask that question. Are they friends, relatives, Syracuse alums who watched him there or just something else altogether.

For me it is simple, he's been here 4 years. We could re-sign him for relative peanuts. The GM, HC, OC and QBC are all content to let him walk. He has drawn no interest from other clubs as a potential starter. Based on that the guy clearly doesn't have the goods and anyone who thinks that all he needs is a chance to start in order to prove he's worthy..........are delusional imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              I have often wanted to ask that question. Are they friends, relatives, Syracuse alums who watched him there or just something else altogether.

For me it is simple, he's been here 4 years. We could re-sign him for relative peanuts. The GM, HC, OC and QBC are all content to let him walk. He has drawn no interest from other clubs as a potential starter. Based on that the guy clearly doesn't have the goods and anyone who thinks that all he needs is a chance to start in order to prove he's worthy..........are delusional imo.
                              He was here for 4 seasons and did diddly squat in terms of even remotely challenging Eli Manning for the starting QB spot. At least Geno Smith has aspirations to be a starting quarterback. I'll give Geno that but not much else in terms of being a good NFL QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                                He was here for 4 seasons and did diddly squat in terms of even remotely challenging Eli Manning for the starting QB spot. At least Geno Smith has aspirations to be a starting quarterback. I'll give Geno that but not much else in terms of being a good NFL QB.
                                ......and our entire coaching staff watched him for 4 years and voted NO to keeping him. I don't understand where the support comes from other than family and friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X