No announcement yet.

Why Jason Pierre-Paul's contract shouldn't impact Giants' draft strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd still be ok drafting Garrett or Solomon Thomas lol. Taco is more likely in our range and I would be ok with him too.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

BPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
        If they draft a DE in the 1st I'll flip, really shouldn't be going defense at all with that pick

Is it still 2015?
        yeah, the last time JR did that he drafted a third DE in JPP who ended up helping us win a SB in his sophomore year, actually, he was the driving force on defence with his 16 sacks.

But like most fans, im sure you think an average off ball LB or RT would have made more of a difference, of that ive certain.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
          yeah, the last time JR did that he drafted a third DE in JPP who ended up helping us win a SB in his sophomore year, actually, he was the driving force on defence with his 16 sacks.

But like most fans, im sure you think an average off ball LB or RT would have made more of a difference, of that ive certain.
          Don't want either, I want a LT or OJ Howard if he somehow falls

Like most fans I see you subscribe to the theory that if it happened before it will surely happen again.. genius! You'd make a fantastic GM
          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Don't want either, I want a LT or OJ Howard if he somehow falls

Like most fans I see you subscribe to the theory that if it happened before it will surely happen again.. genius! You'd make a fantastic GM
            Thats fine. Id certainly make a better one than you. You really dont have talking points, just blurt out a lot of BS around here. I guess every board needs 'that' guy.

So tell me, which LT in this draft do you think will make an impact year 1? or heck, before Elis contract is up. Id love to hear your analysis. Im sure your analysis of these prospects is top notch.

OJ Howard? sure. You think a TE has more positional value than a pass rusher?

tell me more Mr GM. Go on

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
              "You can never have too many pass rushers".
              Yup. And at 23 they should pick the best athlete, regardless of position.

Comment

Honestly though I don't see why you would draft a DE when you already have decent depth aka Romeo Okwara (I think he could have been our starter in 2017). The 1st round pick should be an impact player who starts. Get DE depth later in the draft. I think the Giants are making it obvious what they intend to do in the first round: Offensive line or Middle linebacker. That's what I'd put my money on now. Giants like drafting DTs in round 2/3. Plus this draft class is really shallow with DTs. There's only 1 maybe 2, first round talent at DT.
                Last edited by compaqnigg; 03-19-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                  Thats fine. Id certainly make a better one than you. You really dont have talking points, just blurt out a lot of BS around here. I guess every board needs 'that' guy.

So tell me, which LT in this draft do you think will make an impact year 1? or heck, before Elis contract is up. Id love to hear your analysis. Im sure your analysis of these prospects is top notch.

OJ Howard? sure. You think a TE has more positional value than a pass rusher?

tell me more Mr GM. Go on
                  I apologize if Ive embarrassed you before and you're still holding a grudge over it :/

And no you honestly wouldn't, not a chance sorry, it's a hard job for someone who's never even put on pads

But no a TE who plays every snap that can block and be a reliable receiver def doesn't have more positional value than a 3rd DE.. lmao stop taking everything you hear on espn as gospel, btw not sure if you noticed where our offense ranked and where our defense ranked last year.. but I suppose that's completely irrelevant, you know what you'd make the perfect GM for a team like the browns, you could continue their tradition like none other
                  Last edited by Eliordie; 03-19-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                    Honestly though I don't see why you would draft a DE when you already have decent depth aka Romeo Okwara (I think he could have been our starter in 2017). The 1st round pick should be an impact player who starts. Get DE depth later in the draft. I think the Giants are making it obvious what they intend to do in the first round: Offensive line or Middle linebacker. That's what I'd put my money on now. Giants like drafting DTs in round 2/3. Plus this draft class is really shallow with DTs. There's only 1 maybe 2, first round talent at DT.
                    The key to championships is NOT building a well balanced roster, the key is clinging to old rhetoric

Comment

Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
                      Honestly though I don't see why you would draft a DE when you already have decent depth aka[b] Romeo Okwara (I think he could have been our starter in 2017).[/b[ The 1st round pick should be an impact player who starts. Get DE depth later in the draft. I think the Giants are making it obvious what they intend to do in the first round: Offensive line or Middle linebacker. That's what I'd put my money on now. Giants like drafting DTs in round 2/3. Plus this draft class is really shallow with DTs. There's only 1 maybe 2, first round talent at DT.
                      Okwara is a rotation player. I agree DE are deep in this draft and a good one can be found in the mid rounds. Don't be surprised if what Reese and his team feels the best player on their board is a DE. They wont hesitate. They had OSi, Tuck, Cofield, Kiwi, and Tollefson were as a unit much better depth then the Giants have now and picked JPP
                      Last edited by TEM; 03-20-2017, 09:55 AM.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I would prefer an OL to be honest. Eli's time is almost up. When we make the transition to our QB of the future i want to give him solid players up front. Even if we go 0-16, I want the young QB gain confidence and improve in an ideal environment - not like how Indy is treating Andrew Luck. That's just a travesty. I'm thinking more a Mark Sanchez type environment when he was with the Jets.
                        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

If he's there, I'm starting to think we may actually pick Mitch to sit behind Eli a couple years. Earlier in the off-season I didn't think there was a chance one of the top QBs would fall, and even if one did I didn't think there was a chance we'd draft him. The further we get into the off-season, however, I'm really starting to think it's not out of the question. Just a gut feeling.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                            Okwara is a rotation player. I agree DE are deep in this draft and a good one can be found in the mid rounds. Don't be surprised if what Reese and his team feels the best player on their board is a DE. They wont hesitate. They had OSi, Tuck, Cofield, Kiwi, and Tollefson were as a unit much better depth then the Giants have now and picked JPP
                            +1. Not saying they always do it, but the first round should be BPA, regardless of position.

Comment

I apologize if Ive embarrassed you before and you're still holding a grudge over it :/

And no you honestly wouldn't, not a chance sorry, it's a hard job for someone who's never even put on pads

But no a TE who plays every snap that can block and be a reliable receiver def doesn't have more positional value than a 3rd DE.. lmao stop taking everything you hear on espn as gospel, btw not sure if you noticed where our offense ranked and where our defense ranked last year.. but I suppose that's completely irrelevant, you know what you'd make the perfect GM for a team like the browns, you could continue their tradition like none other
                              There is very, very little a simple minded individual like you could say to me that would lead me to have a "grudge". Your knowledge of the team and evidently understanding positional values isn't quite up to par. Far from it.

Your arguments are weak and make very little sense in most of the threads you post in. You also never even answered the questions I proposed, just went on a insecure tirade.
                              Last edited by CGYgiant; 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised that everyone is forgetting that one of the main reasons that the Giants got blown out in the second half at GB in the playoffs was because they didn't get any pressure on Rodgers. To me that was enough to tell me that they missed JPP and need more players that can get after the QB.

For me an OLB would be the ideal but I can see the wisdom of taking advantage of the fact that this is a real good year to draft OLBs or DEs and a bad year to draft OTs. Yes, we need an OT but early on the value might not be there and you don't draft a certain position for the sake of saying you drafted a certain position. That's short sighted.

Comment

Working...
                                X