Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five things I think I think after a wild Friday for the Giants

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/3/18...nathan-hankins

Excerpt: "What does all of Friday’s activity by the New York Giants, with a new deal announced for Jason Pierre-Paul, two quarterbacks signed and the official announcement that offensive lineman John Jerry is returning, mean? After a day to process it all, let’s break it down.

We will do that with a special weekend edition of “Five things I think I think.”

The Giants are all in for the short term
    I have said throughout the offseason that the Giants have a short window remaining with Eli Manning, and they need to make moves to maximize the time Manning has left as a top-tier quarterback. They appear to have done just that.

The signing of 33-year-old Brandon Marshall was a short term “win now” move. So, too, was the Jason Pierre-Paul move. The JPP contract is a four-year deal, but it’s really a go for broke right now move. All four high-priced defensive free agents, Pierre-Paul, Olivier Vernon, Damon Harrsion and Janoris Jenkins, can be free agents after the 2020 season. So, too, can Manning.

The Giants’ window of opportunity, with the Dallas Cowboys losing more free-agent talent than they are gaining, the Philadelphia Eagles still rebuilding and the Washington Redskins imploding from within, is right now. And they are going for it." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/3/18...nathan-hankins

I have said throughout the offseason that the Giants have a short window remaining with Eli Manning, and they need to make moves to maximize the time Manning has left as a top-tier quarterback. Read more...
    Amazing they didn't do this from 2012 to 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      Yep, the Reese bashing is almost nonexistent for a few months now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
        Yep, the Reese bashing is almost nonexistent for a few months now.
        If he hits on these FAs and this draft like he did last year, all will be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
          They couldn't because they had too many holes which took time to fill.

Comment

Working...
          X