• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTC currently has us at $12,716,766 cap space

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-giants

Team Cap Space: $12,716,766

Not to mention we have others way to free up money if necessary
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 03-18-2017, 07:15 PM.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

My vote is to sign Hankins with that. Or AP/Charles would be good mentors for Perkins.

Comment

Originally posted by dayeh33 View Post
      My vote is to sign Hankins with that. Or AP/Charles would be good mentors for Perkins.
      Would love either.

Hankins would need to CONSIDERABLY lower his demands. Not getting near 10+
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Would love either.

Hankins would need to CONSIDERABLY lower his demands. Not getting near 10+
        Dontari Poe received 9 for 1 year. Poe's numbers fell off significantly in 16 and got paid. Hankins numbers are better. 9 a year is not out of the question. I would hope the Giants could get him for cheaper than Poe, if they give him a long term deal.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PoexDo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HankJo00.htm
        sigpic

Comment

How can this be? We are in cap hell....bazinga.

I hope they bring back Robinson. Our LBer corps is looking extremely thin right now. Would be nice to grab Hank or AP too.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
            How can this be? We are in cap hell....bazinga.

I hope they bring back Robinson. Our LBer corps is looking extremely thin right now. Would be nice to grab Hank or AP too.
            I said they would going to sign JPP for around 6 for this year my numbers were close.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              I said they would going to sign JPP for around 6 for this year my numbers were close.
              Just giving you crap man. Your thread was good with lots of effort put in, even if I disagreed with you. This $12 mil is great news though and should allow us to get 1 more piece.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

idk if Giants should lock up Hank long term. IMO whats best for both parties is a 1 year deal for Hank at like $6-7M. Let him get another season to show he can get the pay day he wants. Giants can draft his replacement in the early to mid rounds this year and then they both move on after this.

I think thats the smartest move instead of locking up all 4 lineman for 4 years

Comment

Whomever one starred this thread is a hater....lol

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                    Just giving you crap man. Your thread was good with lots of effort put in, even if I disagreed with you. This $12 mil is great news though and should allow us to get 1 more piece.
                    +1
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                      idk if Giants should lock up Hank long term. IMO whats best for both parties is a 1 year deal for Hank at like $6-7M. Let him get another season to show he can get the pay day he wants. Giants can draft his replacement in the early to mid rounds this year and then they both move on after this.

I think thats the smartest move instead of locking up all 4 lineman for 4 years
                      I would like to see them take a chance and lock him up for 3 -4 for 8 a year 32/15 guaranteed
                      sigpic

Comment

I was looking on spotrac as well and they have the Giants with $14,549,789 cap space for the top 51, not including the rookie pool. So who knows. The JPP long term deal did open up some breathing space for the time being.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          I would like to see them take a chance and lock him up for 3 -4 for 8 a year 32/15 guaranteed
                          If the Giants could lock Hankins up at that number, I'm all for it. If not D-line is a strength in this years draft.

Comment

Originally posted by TNGMen871 View Post
                            I was looking on spotrac as well and they have the Giants with $14,549,789 cap space for the top 51, not including the rookie pool. So who knows. The JPP long term deal did open up some breathing space for the time being.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/cap/
                            Doesn't include Geno, Johnson or Fluker

Comment

Originally posted by KillaRich View Post
                              Doesn't include Geno, Johnson or Fluker
                              Ah, ok, thanks. Just looked at it real quick. Over the cap is staying on top of their game!

Comment

Working...
                              X