Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Remaining Holes

ok, so the holes remaining on our roster are these:

1. DT - I wouldn't mind Hank back, even though some teams are apparently not impressed with him. If he wants too much though, we could get somebody from the draft. I'd be ok with that.

2. LT - with the money we freed up from the JPP deal, I'd go after Clady here. He hasn't had too much buzz and I doubt he'll be able to demand that much. He also doesn't prevent us from drafting an LT because he'd likely sign a short deal. I know he's been hurt a lot, but he's still got a lot of experience and has been the best LT in the game not too long ago in his career. He can definitely help, especially since we're in win now mode.

3. MLB - ugh. no clue what we can do here. maybe bring robinson back. maybe draft someone who won't be able to make an impact right away. it seems like we're never gonna get a stud LB.

4. Backup CB - If one of our top 3 CBs go down (which they tend to do), we're pretty much screwed. We need to add some guys in FA here for depth. I don't want to use another pick on the position.

from what you got id go with

1 - let Hank walk and draft a DT this year

2 - i actually dont hate the idea of Clady for a 1 year deal

3 - Hopefully they resign Robinson. Also think we'll draft a LB at some point too

4 - Think we should resign Sensabaugh or Wade and also draft one in the mid to late rounds - preferably one that can play the slot.

Comment

I wouldn't necessarily limit your 2nd choice to LT. RT seems more plausible to fill. You think the Giants are going to put the rookie draft choice at LT ? RT would be more likely imho. And DT run stopper would be 2nd rd choice. And if I had my way we would then take that TE from Clemson in the 3rd rd. And a strong inside runner in the 4th. That's just my order of importance not anyone else. I'm sure it would differ on almost every opinion. But the gaps are getting less and less we may not be pigeon holed in the draft in a must sign certain position of need. If Big Hank signs it gives us even more flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

3 - Hopefully they resign Robinson. Also think we'll draft a LB at some point too

4 - Think we should resign Sensabaugh or Wade and also draft one in the mid to late rounds - preferably one that can play the slot.
        Do NOT want to see Wade anywhere near this team!

Comment

#1 Sign Hank if he is not too expensive, if so, draft.
          #2 LT It's Flowers like it or not.
          #3 I wish it was draft but we all know Reese doesn't care. I heard Unga is a FA again.
          #4 Draft a CB mid to late in the draft.
          Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

they need another DE JPP and Vernon can't play 95% 94% of the plays again this year,they will be asking to lose one of them to injury.I know they have some guys on the roster but they didn't want to use them last year they need to draft a legit guy who will be there to take the torch.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
              they need another DE JPP and Vernon can't play 95% 94% of the plays again this year,they will be asking to lose one of them to injury.I know they have some guys on the roster but they didn't want to use them last year they need to draft a legit guy who will be there to take the torch.
              I know that you can "never have too many pass rushers", and I agree with that, but the Giants have spent more money on DE than probably any team in the league, plus we have depth guys already like Diggy and Oakwara.

The first few picks should be on offensive players, namely linemen and maybe a RB. DE is less of a priority for us in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

I think the Giants feel that BJ Goodson is ready to take next step
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  I think the Giants feel that BJ Goodson is ready to take next step
                  It's not like we need him in a full time role, just to man the middle when we're in 4-3, maybe even strong side

Comment

Yeah why does everyone seem to ignore Goodson. The Giants are pretty high on him and considering how little an impact Sheppard had last year it would be almost impossible for Goodson to not be even a little better than him.

Comment

I'd like them to

#1. Sign Hankins and draft a pass rushing lb like Red****. OR Draft Caleb Brantley in the 2nd or Jaleel Johnson in the 3rd
                      #2. Unfortunately Flowers is our LTD
                      #3. Not really any good fa MLB out there
                      #4 I'd like for us to draft Damone Kazee or Ahkello Witherspoon in the mid rounds of the draft
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        #2 LT It's Flowers like it or not.
                        People won't believe it until after week 2 this year when PFF has Flowers as the #5 best LT in the league lol.

1- Sign Hank and hit up the draft. Regardless of Hank my man Snacks only plays two downs so we can use all the help we can get.
                        2- Flowers. They will pick someone up in the draft as depth/competition.
                        3- Draft. This is such a deep LB class and we are so thin we will have no choice but to add pieces. Hope in the 1st or 2nd round we grab someone like Cunningham or Raekwon McMillan. Also bring back Robinson.
                        4- We probably have the best 3 CB combo in the league and people worry about this. I'm more worried about back up RG/C/RB/TE/OLB than I am about a #4 CB. We will grab someone late in the draft or undrafted and they will compete with the other similar guys on the team (Hunter, Deayon).
                        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

1. Let Hankins walk and draft a DT in the first 3 rounds.
                          2. Sign Clady to a 1 year deal
                          3. Draft Zach Cunningham.
                          4 Acquire more depth through the draft. We need to go DT, Tackle, Linebacker, DE.

Comment

a 2nd RB that can run with some size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                              I'd like them to

#1. Sign Hankins and draft a pass rushing lb like Red****. OR Draft Caleb Brantley in the 2nd or Jaleel Johnson in the 3rd
                              #2. Unfortunately Flowers is our LTD
                              #3. Not really any good fa MLB out there
                              #4 I'd like for us to draft Damone Kazee or Ahkello Witherspoon in the mid rounds of the draft
                              Witherspoon definitely a good edge rusher. He can get to the QB. I think he is going to move up into the late second early third.
                              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X