Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In both their actions and words in this offseason, the Giants are sending a clear message to Eli....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the message as, we have a couple years left with Eli so let's give him some help because with this defense we could really do something special. The season hasn't started and there's a draft to come,so there's still time to get some oline help, but with ODB, Shepard and Marshall, Eli will have better weapons. We added a good blocking TE so the run game should be better this year. I feel we're going all in to win it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      I see the message as, we have a couple years left with Eli so let's give him some help because with this defense we could really do something special. The season hasn't started and there's a draft to come,so there's still time to get some oline help, but with ODB, Shepard and Marshall, Eli will have better weapons. We added a good blocking TE so the run game should be better this year. I feel we're going all in to win it now.
      I agree.

Comment

+1
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

The clear message they're sending is they're going all in to win a Super Bowl in the final 3 years of Eli's contract.

That's legit the only message sent this offseason.

Comment

If they really wanted to send a message that they want to win before Eli retires, then they should beef up the Oline in a hurry. Eli doesn't have the time to wait for them to magically improve.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
              You don't think the OL is a problem?
              Doesn't fit the bash Eli narrative.
              Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Everything is economics. Eli has an expensive, no trade contract. He will play that out barring some unforeseen event that cuts his career here short. I don't think they are sending him a message, but I do think they hope he plays better as do many of us.

Don't dash the hopes of every amateur psychologist on these boards! He can take whatever random events he wishes in order to construct whatever story he likes in his head. Because that's all we're talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
                  I do think it's a problem. Why are you directing this at me? I'm merely observing what the FO has done to rectify this problem so far, and it has been minimal.

You guys are not understanding me correctly here. I never said the O line wasn't a problem. I personally think it is. It's the HC (by his own words) and the FO (by its own actions, or lack thereof) who don't seem to think it is as big of a problem as everyone else here.
                  Not understanding and understanding but not agreeing are not the same thing.

The speculation around why the HC said what he said was covered a couple of weeks ago. Like all speculation, the theories vary. And I understand but do not agree with the other conclusion about which you speculate. I find it more germaine to correlation/causation confusion.

Comment

well said thats exactly what i got out of it,they still need to protect the passer give him time to use the weapons that they acquired.

Comment

I think our transactions regarding OL have been Jerry being Jerry, and that the Giants dont think QB is a concern Because they signed Johnson/Smith.

The Marshall signing surprised me.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                        Who the hell seriously does not think that the OL was not a big problem? Were you watching games? If you believe that, I have a left tackle to trade you. McAdoo criticized Eli because he's not man enough to take some of the criticisms of his play calling. I get that he has to protect his OL that got slammed the whole season, but I don't see a head coach who takes responsibility for his own failings and shortcomings either.
                        Everyone knows the offensive line was bad .... too many penalties, poor run blocking, mediocre pass protection, etc. And the defense (although the teams strength last year) gave up too many big plays. But in several games the biggest problem was that Manning wasn't good enough. There were the usual "what-was-he-looking-at" interceptions. And as many have pointed out he frequently looked like he was playing scared. McAdoo was the least of our problems and his criticism of Eli was well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          Don't dash the hopes of every amateur psychologist on these boards! He can take whatever random events he wishes in order to construct whatever story he likes in his head. Because that's all we're talking about here.
                          Thank you for bringing me back in line.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
                            it became obvious in my eyes when on a number of occasions i watched them hand the ball off on 3rd and X, punt and let the defense hold down the forth. i think they are trying to model denver's success with peyton during their SB run. the acquistion of rhett and marshall is more to help the running game than the pass, imo. i believe McAdoo would perfer Eli throw the ball less the 30 times a game. i wasnt a huge fan of resigning Manner but it was inevitable because of his past success. Our core is pretty young, organization has done a great job over the last couple of years to infuse some young talent. if we can find Eli's replacement over the next year or two and prepare him to step in, in three years, we could be in tremendous shape. for now, we roll with Eli. McAdoo, as great as he was in year one, needs to have more diversity with the Offense. personally, i wished they wouldve bought in an OC with the same concept so McAdoo and that person could come up with some new offensive schemes. im just glad we are a contebder, the previous 4 years was hell.
                            Eli is not quite as good as he was. Yet, the OL was the main problem. If Eli had been given more time his ability to complete progressions and make better choices would have been enhanced.
                            Case in point... in the first game against GB, at one point in the second half the announcer said that Eli was getting 1.7 seconds comoared to 3.7 seconds for Rogers. That is the difference between having to make a choice when only completing part of a progression, and making a choice when you've seen all receivers in their routes.
                            Second point... In the first half against GB in the playoff game, when we were putting extreme pressure on Rogers, he played very poorly...
                            In the first half against the Falcons in the SB, when Brady was being heavily pressured, he outright stunk... missing several passes badly and throwing a bad INT.
                            In short, both Rogers and Brady looked just like Eli when they received the same poor protection Eli got every single game. In the second half of both of those games there wasn't nearly as much pressure, and they both excelled.
                            Yes, they wanted Eli to share the blame, but if you weren't blind you saw every single game that Eli rarely had time to do a better job.

Comment

I am pretty sure Eli knows how he played and wants to play better.
                              Mac spreading the blame as he should
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post
                                Everyone knows the offensive line was bad .... too many penalties, poor run blocking, mediocre pass protection, etc. And the defense (although the teams strength last year) gave up too many big plays. But in several games the biggest problem was that Manning wasn't good enough. There were the usual "what-was-he-looking-at" interceptions. And as many have pointed out he frequently looked like he was playing scared. McAdoo was the least of our problems and his criticism of Eli was well deserved.
                                Again with is argument that Eli is playing scared. When will people get it through their heads. Eli doesn't trust his protection. The only way he will trust them again is for them to protect him properly. We all know Eli needs to play better. however, don't you think he would play better with a better oline?

Comment

Working...
                                X