Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In both their actions and words in this offseason, the Giants are sending a clear message to Eli....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
    The whole thing comes across like they are afraid of Eli, when every one of them has publicly made a statement about Eli having issues.

Maybe he's been working out.
    It's those intimidating Gronk-like spikes he does in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
      The whole thing comes across like they are afraid of Eli, when every one of them has publicly made a statement about Eli having issues.

Maybe he's been working out.
      If so it's about time. From what I read he's the only player in the NFL who has never done so. Until now apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        Yes.

But with one more condition, only the OP can decipher the secret code.
        Lmao. You're doing a fine job as always
        sigpic

Comment

LOL!! A message? What would that be? You really think Eli doesn't want to play better or wasn't motivated or had a bad attitude? Eli will play the exact same way as last year unless he has more time and confidence in his line. At his age, you will not see the Eli we witnessed in that playoff game in San Fran where he stood tall in the pocked and took hit after hit. Those days are gone as he's no longer a fearless kid. This version of Eli needs time in the pocket to succeed and a run game...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
            Ok, well that includes the head coach, who just got done openly criticizing Eli's level of play and pushing back hard on assertions that it was the line's fault.
            This head coach still has plenty to prove himself! Be careful where you point your finger when you haven't accomplished anything yourself yet.

Comment

Fluker was one of the reasons that line was bad. He wasn't some gifted player who was dragged down by bad teammates.

I'm not saying he's not an upgrade to Newhouse. I am just saying we should not expect much from him. He'll be average.
              I'd take average now

Comment

It makes sense he would say what he said. Just because the OL was bad doesn't mean there isn't need for improvement from Eli. Going from Rodgers to Eli is a downgrade. He knows Eli has flaws that need to be improved and he's letting everyone know that he's not settling for inconsistent play whether that be decision making or fundamentals etc.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

If the Giants drafted a QB in round 1 this MB would cease to exist.
                  I think I'd love it just to see the reaction.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

that he needs to play better. I know many of us like to make every excuse in the book for the guy, and that's all well and good, but the bottom line is that the moves by the team over the past month or so all point in the direction that they view Eli's play as substandard last season and are telling him he needs to play better.

First, the head coach came out and said exactly that himself. He pushed back hard on criticisms of the O line and directly said Eli had to do a better job. This couldn't have been more clear.

Second, they have not spent any notable money whatsoever on improving the offensive line. Re-signing Jerry and bringing in Fluker for peanuts are not big moves that suggest the line is a priority. They are routine, small-ball moves. They could have signed Whitworth, Okung, or someone like that if they felt the line was the primary problem in the offense last year. They didn't.

Finally, and this is probably the least important of the three, they have signed Josh Johnson and are about to sign Geno Smith. While neither of these guys will ever play in key game situations if Eli is healthy, it does suggest they are more concerned about the overall position than they have been in recent years.

Eli was hardly the only problem in the offense last year. Far from it. The line, lack of a running game, and inadequate tight end situations where all problems. They also lacked receiver depth. But anyone who thinks Eli played well and the offensive woes were everyone else's fault BUT his are not seeing their views shared by the head coach and front office of this team. That is the bottom line here.
                    you clearly have zero idea of how the Giants regard Eli Manning

zero

but you have what the fans think down cold

the organization and his team mates ... not so much

have fun

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

zero

have fun
                      They don't like him?

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

zero

have fun
                        You can have all the respect in the world for someone and still feel they need to play better. The two are not mutually exclusive. I never said the organization didn't have tons of respect him. If you think that a guy making the money he makes should be completely immune to constructive criticism solely because of what he did many years ago then that is nuts.

Comment

You can have all the respect in the world for someone and still feel they need to play better. The two are not mutually exclusive. I never said the organization didn't have tons of respect him. If you think that a guy making the money he makes should be completely immune to constructive criticism solely because of what he did many years ago then that is nuts.
                          I'm sure Mr Mara loved Phil right up until the day they cut him for an unproven Dave Brown. (no offense)

Comment

who said anything about respect ?

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                              LOL!! A message? What would that be? You really think Eli doesn't want to play better or wasn't motivated or had a bad attitude? Eli will play the exact same way as last year unless he has more time and confidence in his line. At his age, you will not see the Eli we witnessed in that playoff game in San Fran where he stood tall in the pocked and took hit after hit. Those days are gone as he's no longer a fearless kid. This version of Eli needs time in the pocket to succeed and a run game...period.
                              i agree i dont see any message. that ship has sailed. he is in his last few years. Geno smith is not a message just a backup with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BeatYale View Post
                                It makes sense he would say what he said. Just because the OL was bad doesn't mean there isn't need for improvement from Eli. Going from Rodgers to Eli is a downgrade. He knows Eli has flaws that need to be improved and he's letting everyone know that he's not settling for inconsistent play whether that be decision making or fundamentals etc.
                                I agree about the Rogers thing but not so much from the shear talent level difference but its my gut feeling that Mac does not like having a QB that lacks the athleticism that "a Rogers type QB" has. I think it limits his play book big time. Not a knock on Eli its just that he what he is.
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X