Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In both their actions and words in this offseason, the Giants are sending a clear message to Eli....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll agree with some of the assertions made in the Opening Post. Eli does need to play better... and I'm all for coaches telling him to up his game, and even signaling they will start looking for the QB of the future soon. This only makes sense, for one, they want Eli to have a stellar year, but they are also acknowledging that Eli's age is now being considered three years down the road. Again, that's a no brainer for any team.

As for the Benny Mac throwing shade at Eli while defending Flowers, that was a little strange. Maybe it was a message to Flowers that he has his back and they are going to stick with him another season. However, anyone watching the Giants play, including men like Troy Aikeman, have observed the lack of time for plays to develop down field due to the pressure off the left side. Also, you can't in one breath say the OL wasn't the problem, then in the next acknowledge a lack of a running game. The two are married at the hip.... and common sense says if the running games isn't firing on all cylinders, then the passing game isn't going to run smoothly either. The run sets up the pass, and vice versa. The TE was also mentioned as a problem, in which I agree, but I wonder why the WRs were not given their share of blame? When the run game is sputtering, your LT isn't blocking like he should, plus he's leading the league in holding penalties, the very last thing you need are dropped balls by the WRs. Last thing, just our overall play calling wasn't very imaginative. It's like everyone knew the call before the ball was snapped. Still, we went 11-4 ..... so that means we have potential to right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
      Collins was better than Dilfer but it didn't equate to a Championship.
      Not in that game he wasn't.

Comment

I think it's silly for anyone to believe the FO would tell Eli to improve indirectly via the media and not be straight forward with him. Anything McAdoo said in that interview, Eli has already heard from him and other coaches first. Media coverage is part of maintaining the brand and it creates a lot more buzz when a coach mentions a player like that instead of making very vague statements. I'm sure Eli knew about it before it went live. It's also a way of taking heat off the OL to give those guys a break even if we feel they don't deserve it.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

Again with this? Some of you have too much time on your hands. I also find it hilarious your tag is Dave Brown, how about they replace Eli with a Dave Brown type QB? The only message being sent to Eli is that he is there starting, franchise QB for the next 2 or 3 years. To think otherwise is just flat out foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Everything is economics. Eli has an expensive, no trade contract. He will play that out barring some unforeseen event that cuts his career here short. I don't think they are sending him a message, but I do think they hope he plays better as do many of us.
            You are correct imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
              You are correct imo.
              You and me against the world!!
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                You and me against the world!!
                What are the odds?

I may have to go with the world on this one. Much to my chagrin, my friend.

Comment

Nothing sends the message more clear than the blockbuster Geno Smith deal. Im sure eli crapped his pants... pause not.
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                    Nothing sends the message more clear than the blockbuster Geno Smith deal. Im sure eli crapped his pants... pause not.
                    Ill set the over/under on when we see the first "start Geno" thread at week 6, what do you guys got?
                    If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                      Ill set the over/under on when we see the first "start Geno" thread at week 6, what do you guys got?
                      Week 6? The first non tight spiral eli throws will start the "why dont we give Geno a shot" threads. But Elli will probably also do something boneheaded like throw a pick on his first pass before throwing for 380 yards
                      Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                        I'll take the under. I expect them to pop up during preseason

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          Not in that game he wasn't.
                          Sadly no he wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                            Week 6? The first non tight spiral eli throws will start the "why dont we give Geno a shot" threads. But Elli will probably also do something boneheaded like throw a pick on his first pass before throwing for 380 yards
                            It won't come from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                              What are you talking about Week 6? He never throws a tight spiral.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                                What are you talking about Week 6? He never throws a tight spiral.
                                this is a pretty tight spiral

Comment

Working...
                                X