Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going on record that Eli will want/get another contract extension from the New York Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going on record that Eli will want/get another contract extension from the New York Giants

And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

According to Peyton, Eli would play for free:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...all-1.13240335

Peyton Manning said his one regret in his NFL career was not being able to break Brett Favre’s record of 297 consecutive regular-season starts. Peyton, who started 208 straight games, believes Eli will do that, though. The 36-year-old has never missed a start, a streak of 199 regular-season games.
    “I don’t think Eli would tell the Maras and the Tisches this,” Peyton said of the Giants’ owners, “but he would play for free.”

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
      According to Peyton, Eli would play for free:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...all-1.13240335

Peyton Manning said his one regret in his NFL career was not being able to break Brett Favre’s record of 297 consecutive regular-season starts. Peyton, who started 208 straight games, believes Eli will do that, though. The 36-year-old has never missed a start, a streak of 199 regular-season games.
      “I don’t think Eli would tell the Maras and the Tisches this,” Peyton said of the Giants’ owners, “but he would play for free.”
      As for his post-retirement plans, Peyton said he has not made any decisions. Eli called him “an embarrassment” for being the only member of the family over 40 years old and unemployed.
      Giants videos

Eli also spoke about being drafted by the Chargers and traded to the Giants, his relationship with Tom Coughlin, and 8-year-old fans in Philadelphia who “say some things about my mom.”

LOL
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        And of course it will be for the betterment of the team. Eli is 36 years young, he will turn 39 in 2020 which is when his contract is up and becomes a FA -- however it won't get to that point.

I also say this with the hypothetical that we win another Super Bowl or two.

This is all health permitted and assuming the core of the team stays strong. Which is something Jerry Reese may need to keep in the back of his head. Yes we have a closing window but we don't really know just how fast or how small/big that window actually is.
        Or two... I love it

Comment

Eli and Peyton are hilarious. Man 98 more starts is a ton. That is 6 full seasons plus two games.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Hmmmmmm.. I don't know about that. Could be a stretch.
            sigpic

Comment

no way
              and they will be lucky to make any noise in the playoffs another time or two in the next few seasons
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I know you love Eli, but I dont see that happening and if it does, be prepared to lose a player like Odell or Landon as with the contracts on the DL all going through the next 4 years. They cannot pay a QB $20mil per with the DL contracts and close to $20mil for Odell and close to $15 probably for Landon. Its not feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  I know you love Eli, but I dont see that happening and if it does, be prepared to lose a player like Odell or Landon as with the contracts on the DL all going through the next 4 years. They cannot pay a QB $20mil per with the DL contracts and close to $20mil for Odell and close to $15 probably for Landon. Its not feasible.
                  No way do Vernon, Harrison, Jenkins AND JPP all play through the next four years. All of them are cuttable after two more years (i.e. when they need to agree new deals with Beckham & Collins) if they're not performing.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                    Agreed. Their going to have to make room for extensions for Pugh/Rich/Beckham/Landon and paying Eli 20/year will make that tough, nearly impossible. Pick up Odell's 5 year option and when it's time for an extension Eli's contract will be up, use that money on him. Then should have some left over unless Odell gets 20 a year lol

Comment

Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post
                      No way do Vernon, Harrison, Jenkins AND JPP all play through the next four years. All of them are cuttable after two more years (i.e. when they need to agree new deals with Beckham & Collins) if they're not performing.
                      If they are all stay playing at a high level, they may. We have Odell, Landon, Pugh and Richburg that all should get long term deals. Paying a QB $20mil+ and also paying all of these guys is just not feasible. Either you keep a 39 year old Eli and dump a mid to late 20's high level player or you do the opposite. If Eli plays like Tom Brady the next 2 years, then maybe. But he has not shown that level of play at any time in his career so there is no reason to think he will now.

Comment

So much funny in this thread don't know where to begin laughing.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Even if Eli isn't with the Giants, he will start somewhere else. If he's let go after this extension, he's not going to retire a Giant when there's other offers for him to start.
                          Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

My opinion is that Eli will retire after his current contract if it is not renewed by the Giants.

Comment

What if he agrees to come back for the vet minimum? Not like he needs the money.

"Take this money and buy me an OLine" - Eli Manning
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X