Giants' 10 biggest salary cap hits for 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    They aren't going to cut Eli after 2019.
    No...possibly before 2019. AFTER 2019 he is a free agent.

My point is that Eli is vulnerable after the 2018 season. It's the way his contract is structured and I'm sure that was very much on purpose.
    His cap hit is over $23MM if he stays and it's $6.2M if he's released. They would save $17MM. He needs to play reasonably well from hear on. Obviously, this team has been willing to release starting QB's if it's in the long term interest of the team.
    I doubt it would ever come to that though. If Eli struggles in 2018 it would end up a mutual decision I'm sure.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I totally understand that top 5
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Pretty much all of them are worth every penny, everyone should be happy about the fact that we don't have any bad contracts right now, a lot of teams are riddled with them

Only one that makes me flinch a little bit is Vereen, but that's on the lower end and he can actually be a bit of an impact player when he's healthy
        Last edited by Eliordie; 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM.
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
          I saw it, but he'll be gone so why mention it. Now if you want to talk about his cap hit last year, HOLY S###!!!!!
          IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion of the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Houston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
          Last edited by TEM; 03-20-2017, 07:26 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion o the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Huston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
            I thought they could cut him without paying anything and they're just hoping a team will want him and have to give picks for him.

Comment

I thought they could cut him without paying anything and they're just hoping a team will want him and have to give picks for him.
              I think the dead cap hit is 19 this year.
              sigpic

Comment

Brady at 14m....WOW!
                ★★★Markus Kuhn Crew★★★★★★Bobby Hart Crew★★★
                sigpic

Comment

I think the dead cap hit is 19 this year.
                  hope you're right and he got paid for last year too. What a contract.

Comment

IMO: Dallas is in a bad position with him. No team is going to take that contract with a trade without some icing. Either draft picks to go with it, or Dallas pays a large portion of it , or Picks and pay some portion of it. In the condition Dallas' defense is now (pre-draft) , they cant afford to give up picks. This is what I see happening their going to cut him and pony up 19 million. Or they are going to trade him and pay a large portion of the remainder of Romo's contract.

As further note: I don't see Dallas making a deal with Houston for Romo, I believe Jones is sitting on his hands cutting Romo because he mulling over the notion that he may end up with the Texans. If that happens Houston may not be the red headed stepchild anymore. ( Does he want to give up some marketing and a share of the limelight with Houston) Is that worth 24 million?
                    after june 1 thought they would get like 13 mill in cap relief,before it was only 5 mill or something.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
                      after june 1 thought they would get like 13 mill in cap relief,before it was only 5 mill or something.

This explains it.

"As a normal release, the base salary for the current year (and future years) evaporates, but the bonus allocation remains. Not only would the club have to deal with the $10.7 million from 2017, but the amounts previously scheduled to hit in 2018 and 2019 would accelerate and be included in the 2017 cap. That would be a total cap hit of $19.6 million. Since Romo was scheduled to count $24.7 million against the cap, the total savings from his release would have been $5.1 million. This amount would be available immediately."

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017...million-favor/
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giggling View Post
                        Brady at 14m....WOW!
                        Rightly so, If Eli had Brady's HC and GM he'd have 7 SB's and 7 SB MVPs.

Comment

Working...
                        X