Hankins update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
    Kinda hoping that he doesn't take it and we move on to be honest. I don't think he is worth that! I won't be upset if he takes the offer though BUT I think he is very replaceable !
    Agree now that he's not getting the offers and left them sitting they should lower it or take it off the table.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
      Agree now that he's not getting the offers and left them sitting they should lower it or take it off the table.
      If he takes it -- then the concern becomes the guy is pissed (feels under-appreciated) and goes into the tank on us during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post
        Agreed. It's no different than real estate, the market value is only what the market will bear. He and his girl said their favorite thing to do is going out to eat, I would think he's in a great location for excellent, diverse cuisine.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          Because watching the hours and hours of game and practice film on every possible free agent and draft prospect would take lots of time.

To answer NAVY2323 question. Yes some teams have a direct relation with PFF, that is pretty much why/how they exist. I doubt it is the end all be all of decisions for them, but is probably used along with film and scouts.

I feel bad for Hank. His people filled his head with notions he would sign some monster contract and it didn't happen. I hope he takes our offer and comes back. He is a big body run stuffer and also has posted nice sacks in the past.
          thought he was only talking about Hankins
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Maybe teams see him as a product of being around other good to great dlinemen like Snacks, JPP, and Vernon. I'm shocked that he still isn't signed by anyone yet.
            We all that we got!

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              Maybe teams see him as a product of being around other good to great dlinemen like Snacks, JPP, and Vernon. I'm shocked that he still isn't signed by anyone yet.
              He was by far the worst part of our front four. He also had the least attention and still hardly produced. Not shocking at all, really.

The one thing going for him is that hes young and can get better. A couple of years ago he showed promise as a pass rusher... lets hope he recoups that form.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                Oh ok, maybe he was. In that case, when it comes to an individual player, I am sure teams watch film on him like your said. I doubt a team ever signs a player without seeing him on tape really. I think PFF is probably used to narrow things down I guess, I don't really like PFF that much.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                  teams do not take this PFF stuff very seriously ... too much of a sliding scale ... too much subjectivity ... there is no foundational base ... no fundamental point of which things are based off of.
                  it is a bunch of numbers that mean absolutely nothing ... nada ... zero

when teams are interested in a player they watch film , call coaches and owners, and talk to the player himself

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                    I agree this is probably too much for Hankins, especially since they could replace him with a draft pick. However, I don't see any OL help that they could bring in.
                    King Dunlap, OT, 31 no draft compensation
                    Ryan Clady, OT, 30 (often injured, maybe buy low)
                    Austin Pasztor, G 26

are all still available and would likely be upgrades or at least guys that will compete for a job. If the draft class was more promising I'd be on board with fixing it there, but I do hope that they bring in another FA. Especially if Hankins lowers his demands but gets a comparable offer out of town and leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      teams do not take this PFF stuff very seriously ... too much of a sliding scale ... too much subjectivity ... there is no foundational base ... no fundamental point of which things are based off of.
                      it is a bunch of numbers that mean absolutely nothing ... nada ... zero

when teams are interested in a player they watch film , call coaches and owners, and talk to the player himself
                      may be this is a stupid question but what is PFF?

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                        Pro Football Focus

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                          teams do not take this PFF stuff very seriously
                          You do know that more than a few teams pay PFF for information right?

Every since "moneyball" teams really care about those numbers.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie Yen View Post
                            Pro Football Focus. It's a bunch of breakdowns of player play, grading etc. Some think it's gospel. I think it's a nice tool but I don't put too much stock into their information unless it's highly specific like # of holding penalties, sacks allowed, etc.

Comment

I think teams for some of their objective statistics. Like an individuals snap counts at certain positions, etc.

Comment

They probably pay for the objective stats, not the subjective opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X