Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything that is writen like this in Dallas is a plus in my book.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
    It was the same play calling the 2 previous years and the offense was in the top 10..

Last year was the TE, RB and CRUZ

While I agree TE, RB, and Cruz were no help last season, I don't know the play calling was the same as the last two seasons....2016 seems to have suffered from the same half dozen plays over and over and were vanilla at that.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
      We'll almost certainly draft a RB in the first few rounds. Marlon Mack and D'Onta Foreman keep coming up in mocks. There are other guys as well. I'm fine with Perkins in a lead role where he gets 60-65% of the carries. He was looking good by the later part of the season last year and should be a 1,000 yard guy this year. With that said we need a power guy. Foreman would make sense as a pick. I can't see us bringing in a marquee free agent.
      Perkins had a couple drops towards the end of the year as well. Another rookie rb would be nice but how much can he play, especially early in the season?
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Go back to the tape it was the same offensive scheme, same system, but again in 2015 he used 3 times as many formations then he did in 2016, and the tight ends and fullbacks helped better blocking in 2015 I could see what offense they were in from my couch in 2016, and that's with the same Oline same RBs and a better wide receiver threat in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          While I agree TE, RB, and Cruz were no help last season, I don't know the play calling was the same as the last two seasons....2016 seems to have suffered from the same half dozen plays over and over and were vanilla at that.
          You'd think that with Randle (who supposedly couldn't grasp intricate routes or audibles) gone, and Cruz back, it would have been the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
            You'd think that with Randle (who supposedly couldn't grasp intricate routes or audibles) gone, and Cruz back, it would have been the other way around?
            We all hoped for that but it wasnt to be.
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
              It seems like the giants are putting almost all their eggs into the Paul Perkins basket for the running game. I like Perkins but I'm nut sure if I like him as a number 1 back. But Sheppard will be a year older. Marshall is better than cruz. And it sounds like the new tight end can block pretty well.
              That is a silly comment to make before the draft even takes place. RB is probably the easiest of all positions to transition from college to the pros. I see us drafting another mid to late Rd RB that shares carries with Perkins and Vareen. RB by committee is how we have handled our running game since Tiki Barber left. And even then we shared carries. It's just how the organization handles it. Rightly so imo. You don't need a stud RB to have a good to great running game.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
                It was the same play calling the 2 previous years and the offense was in the top 10..

Last year was the TE, RB and CRUZ
                No it was not. We were in the 3 WR set for 90% of our plays last year. That simply did not happen the year before. We also had no FB so did not run many plays requiring one.
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                  I thought our play calling was much simpler this past season than in 2014/2015.
                  All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

"....and a passing game that's ready to burst". My sentiments exactly.
                    Now the inevitable, nowhere else to go but up comments.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                      You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
                      We also got Ellison to block. Let's say, he lines up on the same side as the other teams best DE. He can then help the tackle, whichever one (most likely Flowers), negate the other teams best pass rusher. Then if Fluker pans our like this article suggessts, he will have held down the other tackle spot.
                      Our weakness last year at the OT will be mitigated enough to give our receivers enough time to get open.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        Will have to see how it plays out. Teams that have the better roster on paper don't always pan out to be the better team on the field
                        its hard to pay too much attention to sports opinions because they vary all over the map depending who you read...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
                          Mike, if the offensive line wasn't that bad then where did the problems on offense lie, I know there were dropped passes at critical times and missed opportunities by the QB so then it must have been a combination Eli, the O line and WRs..and I can't leave out the O play calling
                          Last edited by JesseJames; 03-20-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                            That is a silly comment to make before the draft even takes place. RB is probably the easiest of all positions to transition from college to the pros. I see us drafting another mid to late Rd RB that shares carries with Perkins and Vareen. RB by committee is how we have handled our running game since Tiki Barber left. And even then we shared carries. It's just how the organization handles it. Rightly so imo. You don't need a stud RB to have a good to great running game.
                            I should have clarified what I meant. I am assuming the giants will draft another back but how much can he contribute in the beginning of the season? Ala Paul Perkins.. With vereen coming off injury, same with darwka, and adding an unproven rookie (if they even draft one), the giants are playing with fire at the rb position. Rb is going to be key to taking this team to the next level. They need to improve time of possession. Our defense is going to get worn down..
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                              Mike, if the offensive line wasn't that bad then where did the problems on offense lie, I know there were dropped passes at critical times and missed opportunities by the QB so then it must have been a combination Eli, the O line and WRs..and I can't leave out the O play calling
                              I have to disagree, the oline was bad, it was the main reason we had to get rid of the ball quickly and limited our play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                                I should have clarified what I meant. I am assuming the giants will draft another back but how much can he contribute in the beginning of the season? Ala Paul Perkins.. With vereen coming off injury, same with darwka, and adding an unproven rookie (if they even draft one), the giants are playing with fire at the rb position. Rb is going to be key to taking this team to the next level. They need to improve time of possession. Our defense is going to get worn down..

I think with the addition of Fluker and a blocking TE especially one that can be a FB, will be an instant improvement to the running game no mater who is carrying the ball. We don't need A Dallas/Oakland type O-line to have success. Last year it was 3,5 yards per attempt just adding a additional 18 inches a carry puts it at 4yds per carry . That equals 3rd and 2. 18 inches is obtainable at minimum just with a blocking TE.
                                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X