Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything that is writen like this in Dallas is a plus in my book.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that is writen like this in Dallas is a plus in my book.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...-best-team-nfc

When the giants a bolded in a huge font and there is a minuscule little font that says Cowboys in a Dallas-Fort Worth sports news site in the headline

Got to love it.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Will have to see how it plays out. Teams that have the better roster on paper don't always pan out to be the better team on the field
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

It amazes me how we can sign Fluker and all of our Oline troubles have disappeared. I guess our Oline wasn't as bad as everyone thought last year.
      The Rosemobile -

Comment

"Paulie Perkins"???

LOL....
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Paulie Perkins lol

Comment

It's way too early to say the Giants are the favorites for anything, but I did laugh when the writer called Perkins 'Paulie Perkins'.
            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              It amazes me how we can sign Fluker and all of our Oline troubles have disappeared. I guess our Oline wasn't as bad as everyone thought last year.
              You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                You are right. Our OLine wasn't as bad as "everyone" thought. We had that same line in 2015 and had a great offense. Last year was a combination of many things and it all got dumped on the OLine. They were not great or even very good but lots of other things can get fixed without overhauling the OLine.

I really love CRUZ as a player, BUT I think he was one of the main reasons the offense struggled last year.

Couple that with a rookie in the slot, a slow RB and bad TE blocking it wasnt a recipe for success.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGIANTS516 View Post
                  I really love CRUZ as a player, BUT I think he was one of the main reasons the offense struggled last year.

Couple that with a rookie in the slot, a slow RB and bad TE blocking it wasnt a recipe for success.
                  It seems like the giants are putting almost all their eggs into the Paul Perkins basket for the running game. I like Perkins but I'm nut sure if I like him as a number 1 back. But Sheppard will be a year older. Marshall is better than cruz. And it sounds like the new tight end can block pretty well.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

I am going to point out a few things, first the main reason we sucked offensively was one dimensional play calling from our rookie head coach, witch gave apposing Defensive coordinators and defenses a much easier job then they did in 2015 when Coughlin was head coach and Ben had less responsibility.
                    So really our Oline has been suspect not having a hard nosed fullback like henry Hynoski, a traditional tight end that can block shed blocks and catch the ball dose not help but it dose not change that most of the Oline are mediocre, as is Ben Mcadoos play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason39 View Post
                      I am going to point out a few things, first the main reason we sucked offensively was one dimensional play calling from our rookie head coach, witch gave apposing Defensive coordinators and defenses a much easier job then they did in 2015 when Coughlin was head coach and Ben had less responsibility.
                      So really our Oline has been suspect not having a hard nosed fullback like henry Hynoski, a traditional tight end that can block shed blocks and catch the ball dose not help but it dose not change that most of the Oline are mediocre, as is Ben Mcadoos play calling.
                      It was the same play calling the 2 previous years and the offense was in the top 10..

Last year was the TE, RB and CRUZ

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                        OR people are wrong about it being ok with Fluker coming on board.

Paulie Perkins lol
                        Jerry Reese is burying this team in a premature grave

Comment

Nice to here but at this point it's all just talk the boys will release Romo late and it will help their cap,they as all teams have lots of work to do,glad were getting ours done kudo's to reese and abrams hopefully they have another strong draft.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                            "Paulie Perkins"???

LOL....
                            Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                            Paulie Perkins lol
                            Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                            It's way too early to say the Giants are the favorites for anything, but I did laugh when the writer called Perkins 'Paulie Perkins'.

"This is my nephew Paulie....this is Pete....this is Paulie...I mean Pete...I even get confused sometimes..."
                            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                              It seems like the giants are putting almost all their eggs into the Paul Perkins basket for the running game. I like Perkins but I'm nut sure if I like him as a number 1 back. But Sheppard will be a year older. Marshall is better than cruz. And it sounds like the new tight end can block pretty well.
                              We'll almost certainly draft a RB in the first few rounds. Marlon Mack and D'Onta Foreman keep coming up in mocks. There are other guys as well. I'm fine with Perkins in a lead role where he gets 60-65% of the carries. He was looking good by the later part of the season last year and should be a 1,000 yard guy this year. With that said we need a power guy. Foreman would make sense as a pick. I can't see us bringing in a marquee free agent.

Comment

Working...
                              X