Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    I'm hoping for your second sentence.
    Reflecting on the Giants' one month signing of Josh Freeman, I think I can rest easy on Geno ever actually being in an important regular season game for the Giants cause Eli is injured. If that happens, the season is lost anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
      According to Mike Francesa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLPMOFqla4

Thoughts?
      my thought is you created a thread already about this topic
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

At one point he was thought of as being a starter and a savior of the Jets, maybe it comes together with the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
          Reflecting on the Giants' one month signing of Josh Freeman, I think I can rest easy on Geno ever actually being in an important regular season game for the Giants cause Eli is injured. If that happens, the season is lost anyway.
          What the heck happened to Freeman? When he came in with Tampa Bay, he looked like the second coming of Roman Gabriel or Mark Rypien. Had a good game against NYG as a backup(with Tampa Bay), and then shortly after just seemed to become disenchanted with football and life.

I really want the Giants to take advantage of this draft opportunity to take a developmental QB. It is widely thought that many QBs go wrong by how they are "brought along" or rushed to play. The list is long of guys who were supposed to be world beaters, but went on to fail miserably. Right now it's clear the Giants are giving Eli a 2 yr window to put the 5th Trophy in the case(his 3rd ring). I'm not excited about Geno taking over. I am excited about a young raw talent learning behind a Pro's Pro. It could make all the difference in the world in his, and the teams future.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigblue58;2039695]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch

"According To Mike Francesa" is Latin for "wanna hear something really stupid?"
            My dog is laying next to me snoring, and what's coming out of his mouth is STILL smarter than anything Francesa has said in 25 years on the air!!!!!!
            lol rasmen calls him the sports pope lol.wind bag.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLPMOFqla4

Thoughts?
              LMAO,,,no they are not,,,does anybody in their right mind really think Eli wont be the starter week 1? this is almost laughable.

Comment

regardless of competition to Eli, it's important to have decent backups for getting guys reps.

Comment

http://nypost.com/2017/03/20/geno-sm...-time-student/

"Manning has a streak of 211 consecutive starts dating back to 2004, so Smith should not expect to play too much.

“We expect that to continue,” Smith said. “I’m not coming aboard expecting anything else. This is definitely an opportunity for me to learn and to get better.

“I want to carry my notepad around and whatever I see Eli doing, whether it’s in the classroom, on the field or off the field, I want to write it down. Because he’s a guy you can model yourself after. If you learn from a guy like that, we can all do a lot better.” "

yeah no this isnt competition for Eli lmfao. Mike is getting a little senile in his old age. Taking longer dead air pauses than usual

Comment

What this does give us, is a back up QB that has had a few moments of success running an NFL offense.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                      http://nypost.com/2017/03/20/geno-sm...-time-student/

"Manning has a streak of 211 consecutive starts dating back to 2004, so Smith should not expect to play too much.

“We expect that to continue,” Smith said. “I’m not coming aboard expecting anything else. This is definitely an opportunity for me to learn and to get better.

“I want to carry my notepad around and whatever I see Eli doing, whether it’s in the classroom, on the field or off the field, I want to write it down. Because he’s a guy you can model yourself after. If you learn from a guy like that, we can all do a lot better.” "

yeah no this isnt competition for Eli lmfao. Mike is getting a little senile in his old age. Taking longer dead air pauses than usual
                      Mike isn't going crazy. His job is to create traffic just like skip bayless and stephen a smith. So they take ridiculous stances.
                      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

He needs a backup, so the Geno acquisition is okay.

he's not competition tho.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          my thought is you created a thread already about this topic
                          lo,, but he's not obsessed or anything..

Comment

Originally posted by JameyC View Post
                            LMAO,,,no they are not,,,does anybody in their right mind really think Eli wont be the starter week 1? this is almost laughable.
                            It got people talking, which is exactly what a radio talk shows host's job is.

Comment

What he said was that he felt Mac wanted to create some competition. Which actually coincides with Mac's recent comments about Eli.

Francessa disagreed that this is necessary, and thinks they just need to fix the OL.

Personally, I have no issue with Geno competing for the backup job, nor any issue with Mac trying to push Eli (if that is what he is doing).

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                                Mike isn't going crazy. His job is to create traffic just like skip bayless and stephen a smith. So they take ridiculous stances.
                                idkkkk i think he's def getting crazy. longer pauses, getting more teams wrong and info confused than usual. Sucks he's leaving though because when he's gone there's going to be nothing else to listen to on the FAN after B&C in the morning

Comment

Working...
                                X