• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants are creating competition for Eli Manning

According to Mike Francesa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NLPMOFqla4

Thoughts?

If that's the case, they may want to try a little harder than bringing in Geno... just saying...
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

If Geno Smith is the perceived competition then I'm going to have to ask for the check.

Comment

it's the off season. must be a slow day.

Comment

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Not with the Geno Smith. He's not going to be our starter, and he isn't here to compete. I do like the signing though, b/c I think Smith can have success on the Giants if Eli were to go down.

That said, I do think the Giants are in the hunt to find Eli's eventual replacement. I said this on an earlier thread, but I'm really starting to think the Giants would consider drafting a Trubisky/Watson if they were to fall. I wouldn't be my money on it happening, but I'm starting to think it's not out of the question and wouldn't necessarily be upset if we went after one of them. Particularly Trubisky.

Have them sit behind Eli for a couple years, and see where they're at. Worst case scenario, in 2-3 years, we'll have Trubisky on our roster and can draft another "top rated" college QB to compete once Eli retires.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I think he meant to say competition to hold Eli's clipboard, that's about all the QB competition there will be.

Comment

sounds like arms for camp and maybe someone gets the prize the clipboard.

Comment

can't listen to Francesca in the car....Might get a DWI for sleeping

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2-million-deal

Gino for 2 million is a good deal.
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave Brown;2039657]According to Mike Francesa.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch

"According To Mike Francesa" is Latin for "wanna hear something really stupid?"
                        My dog is laying next to me snoring, and what's coming out of his mouth is STILL smarter than anything Francesa has said in 25 years on the air!!!!!!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Geno Smith for 1 year $2 million and probably none of it or very little of it guaranteed? He may not even make the 53-man roster then, especially if the Giants do draft a QB. lol

It could one of those Josh Freeman things signed in April, cut in May and Freeman just walks away with some not so hard-earned free signing bonus money to look for another team and contract.
                          Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 03-20-2017, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                            If that's the case, they may want to try a little harder than bringing in Geno... just saying...
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                              Geno Smith for 1 year $2 million and probably none of it or very little of it guaranteed? He may not even make the 53-man roster then, especially if the Giants do draft a QB. lol
                              I'm hoping for your second sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X