Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, I Really Miss Ahmad Bradshaw. Check This Out

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVUGOyz46As

We haven't had a solid running game in awhile and I think we might have forgotten how good the Giants run game was some years back. Ahmad Bradshaw has one of the best highlight tapes to watch. The amount of effort that he put into every run is stunning. I loved seeing Ahmad getting the ball because you knew he was giving 110% on each run. He always fell forward, he fought for every yard. What a gem of a RB.

I wish the Giants had a running game and an RB that ran like that. What run do you like in that video?

I like the block that Eli places around the 2:17 mark: https://youtu.be/gVUGOyz46As?t=2m13s Hahaha! That was pretty sweet. The run at 3:50 is just ridiculous. A run you would do in a Madden game. He even included the spin move.

I just picture Christian Mccaffrey doing those drop off passes like Ahmad. Time to dream...
    Last edited by compaqnigg; 04-19-2017, 11:50 PM.

I remember when we drafted Bradshaw, I actually wanted Garrett Wolfe going into the draft. Wolfe had the quickest shuttle, or cone drill....essentially a drill that proved overall quickness....and I thought it would be a perfect compliment to Jacobs. Wolfe ended up getting drafted early by another team, and we ended up with Bradshaw. Funny enough, at least to me, Bradshaw was the 2nd quickest in that same drill and ended up being one of the best backs in Giants history.

I didn't watch the video, but my favorite highlight was the run against Buffalo in the snow. I was sitting in a bar in Breckenridge, Co. surrounded by a bunch of non Giant fans, and he did work. That whole SB run was phenomenal, but it started with that play. He was damn good.
    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
    Garrett Bolles - OT
    David Njoku - TE
    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I was at that game in Buffalo, my first Giants game. The weather was so bad most of the Bills fans were taking cover inside where the concession stands are. I'm proud to say I braved it from the stands. That run was what turned the season around in a lot of peoples minds, and was what gave me the idea that we had a chance. Incredible play, I still remember losing my voice I was yelling so hard.

Comment

Loved ABs game tough beyond tough dude was a load for a small back, favorite run of many was Christmas day against the jets turning a jet DB into road kill on the way to the end zone ran him over just crushed him,the run in buffalo was right there to his rookie year in the snow.

Comment

One of my favorites. Played on a broken foot bone in each foot and 2 sprained ankles in a meaningless week 17 game and gave it his all.

I can see Perkins becoming a fan favorite much like Bradshaw was.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Yet another great Giant, who sadly, finished his career wearing another team's uniform!
            Nothing makes my stomach turn more than Bradshaw in a Colts helmet, BJ in a SF uniform wearing no. 45 ... then back to the Giants, but wearing no.34 instead of his 27, and Tuck in a ****ing Raiders helmet.
            Like the nausea I still feel, when I think of Bavaro in an Egirls helmet, and Phil Simms getting cut, like he was some ****ing nobody!!!!
            Last edited by bigblue58; 04-20-2017, 08:49 AM.
            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
              Yet another great Giant, who sadly, finished his career wearing another team's uniform!
              Nothing makes my stomach turn more than Bradshaw in a Colts helmet, BJ in a SF uniform wearing no. 45 ... and then back to the Giants wearing no. 34 instead of his 27, and Tuck in a ****ing Raiders helmet!
              It happens all the time. Eli might end up in a Jaguars Jersey one day lol

Emmit Smith to the Cardinals
              Joe Montana to the Chiefs
              Favre to the Vikings/Jets
              Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                Nothing makes my stomach turn more than BJ in a SF uniform wearing no. 45 ... then back to the Giants, but wearing no.34 instead of his 27!
                I don't remember seeing much of Jacobs in a 49ers jersey, on the field - but he certainly did give that team enough grief, while there.

Comment

Bradshaw is my 3rd favorite Giant of all time

1. Eli Manning

2. John Jerry

3. Ahmad Bradshaw

Comment

great memories

Bradshaw & Jacobs = heart & soul

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

I didn't watch the video, but my favorite highlight was the run against Buffalo in the snow. I was sitting in a bar in Breckenridge, Co. surrounded by a bunch of non Giant fans, and he did work. That whole SB run was phenomenal, but it started with that play. He was damn good.
                      That's the first one that I think of as well when thinking of AB.

That guy had so much heart -- one of my favorite Giants of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                        great memories

Bradshaw & Jacobs = heart & soul
                        Great tandem. Lots of fun watching them play.

Comment

Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson and Mark Bavaro would have liked playing with Bradshaw. He would have been a Parcells guy.

I can't think of a compliment higher than that.

Comment

AB was awesome. It kills me when posters on this board- and it happens quite often- when posters say Barber was the last decent RB we had. I remember so many years when AB had to make 3 defenders miss just get back to the line of scrimmage. One the most powerful backs that was known for his agility and shakes.

A true warrior. He had offseason surgery on his feet every season of his career. I hope he was smart with his money because he paid the price.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I miss 44 !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X