Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the Giants are Superbowl Champions
    That's a thing you never thought you would say as a Giants fan?

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
      David Deihl was one of my favorite OL of all time. I mean not saying much, im a 27 year old Giants fan. I dont watch or root for other teams OLs lol He was probably second behind Snee.

Deihl was vastly underrated. Guy could play anywhere on the line. Reese/Coughlin cutting Pettiguot and having Deihl play LT was one of the major moves that made the Giants a Super Bowl team IMO. Guy was a 5th round pick who started from day 1. Started all 16 games from 03-09. Wish we had that consistency now lol
      Diehl was a good guy and a pretty good guard But I don't think he was that underrated. Everybody was always talking about him.

The most underrated guy from that group is by far Richie Seubert

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
        I liked Boothe as the plug in guy better than Diehl.
        Both Boothe and Diehl were a big part of the teams success. Diehl was a 5th round pick for crying out loud. I see Brett Jones as a nice depth player who can play center or guard.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
          Yes.

Comment

If you were around for the 60's-70's, you'd understand. They were very dark days for this team
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              If you were around for the 60's-70's, you'd understand. They were very dark days for this team

Ain't that the truth!!
              The only positive back then, was that a season was still only 14 games long!
              Then 1978 happened, the NFL went to the 16 game season, and the Giants got 2 extra games with which to hone their ineptitude.
              Ah...memories!
              Last edited by bigblue58; 04-21-2017, 08:19 AM.
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

if you sat in the stands through the 60s , 70s and some of the 80s you would say the same thing

it honestly felt like we may have to accept that it would never happen

those were lean years my friend

that is exactly why the scene at the Stadium during the NFC championship game against the Redskins looked the way it did ... grown men crying big snotty tears ... strangers hugging each other and holding on for dear life... etc ...

we never thought we would see the day

Comment

if you sat in the stands through the 60s , 70s and some of the 80s you would say the same thing

that is exactly why the scene at the Stadium during the NFC championship game against the Redskins looked the way it did ... grown men crying big snotty tears ... strangers hugging each other and holding on for dear life... etc ...

To me the two most important Giants game I ever saw was the win over the Cowboys in 1981 and the Redskins championship game in 86.

How could it be that our perennial doormat team was actually going to the Superbowl?

The 81 game happened when I was 23 years old. I had never seen my team in the playoffs. The 86 Redskins game was almost indescribable.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

"I'm sick and tired of prime time games"

No seriously...I am....
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      To me the two most important Giants game I ever saw was the win over the Cowboys in 1981 and the Redskins championship game in 86.

How could it be that our perennial doormat team was actually going to the Superbowl?

The 81 game happened when I was 23 years old. I had never seen my team in the playoffs. The 86 Redskins game was almost indescribable.
                      it is still indescribable to me ... I swear to you that I get emotional when I speak about it or type about it

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

+ a billion.

But in retrospect the long wait made '86 that much sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                          + a billion.

But in retrospect the long wait made '86 that much sweeter.
                          I feel for you guys couldn't imagine that kind of dry run.....fans of my era are spoiled (born in '78)....pretty much a trophy every decade hence why many posters have a tough time relating.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                            I feel for you guys couldn't imagine that kind of dry run.....fans of my era are spoiled (born in '78)....pretty much a trophy every decade hence why many posters have a tough time relating.
                            where are the back to back west coast games? I didnt see that on the sched?
                            Also how is this sched "inconvenient" to the fans?
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

For me, the '86 Redskins game was it.

I couldn't believe it was real.
                              Last edited by Sarcasman; 04-21-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                                "Giant-wise" you were born at the perfect time. Eight years old in '86? Old enough to know what's going on....perfect.

Now, "music-wise" a totally different story. You missed out on some great live shows in the 70s....

Comment

Working...
                                X