Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 finally making the playoffs and then beating the Eagles in the 1st round after they just went to the SB the year before was great. I also liked whooping the Great Niners in the 85 playoffs. At that point I felt we were going to win a SB.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
      I feel for you guys couldn't imagine that kind of dry run.....fans of my era are spoiled (born in '78)....pretty much a trophy every decade hence why many posters have a tough time relating.
      To give you some perspective...we were essentially the 70's version of today's Browns. Pretty much a laughing stock.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
        The LAST thing the Giants need, is another David Diehl.

The last thing.

Unless you like O-Linemen that hemorrhage pressure relentlessly.
        Diehl was better than flowers is right now that's for sure. He would be an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
          Diehl was better than flowers is right now that's for sure. He would be an upgrade
          No, Flowers doesn't get bull-rushed inside.

Diehl couldn't anchor against a simple bull-rush.

Comment

No, Flowers doesn't get bull-rushed inside.

Diehl couldn't anchor against a simple bull-rush.
            Who cares who gets beat what way more? Bull rush swim move dip and rip, these are all pass rush moves that offensive linemen need to defend. ESPECIALLY left tackles.

Who cares what move is being used to get beat? Why would an end try to bull rush when they know a speed rush will work?

Flowers gets beat way more often then Diehl did.. And that should be the only relevant fact when comparing the pass blocking ability between flowers and David Diehl.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
              Who cares who gets beat what way more? Bull rush swim move dip and rip, these are all pass rush moves that offensive linemen need to defend. ESPECIALLY left tackles.

Who cares what move is being used to get beat? Why would an end try to bull rush when they know a speed rush will work?

Flowers gets beat way more often then Diehl did.. And that should be the only relevant fact when comparing the pass blocking ability between flowers and David Diehl.

Because a QB can step up in the pocket if an OT gets speed-rushed on the edge

If the OT gets bull-rushed inside, the QB has no pocket

Comment

You say that as if flowers is immune to a counter move inside.

You watched last season right?
                Tell me something... What you just described about speed rushers allowing the qb to step up in the pocket... Is that what you actually saw happen last season? Was the pressure flowers gave up negated completely by Eli stepping up in the pocket?

From what I saw... absolutely NOT! Eli got the ball out of his hands as quickly as any qb in the league.. Yet he still got CREAMED after every pass play.

This notion of speed rushers not being as disruptive as bull rushers.. I just don't see it. Not least year. Not on this team.

I get what your saying in a theoretical sense... But in reality it just doesn't matter.

(BTW when deihl was playing this was before macadoos quick paced scheme. Eli held on to the ball longer back then. Just another factor to consider when comparing pressure given up by these players.)

Comment

"Plaxico shot himself in the leg?"

Comment

Except when the middle of the pocket gets pushed in as it did so often last year to the NY Giants.

How was it for the team you watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      Except when the middle of the pocket gets pushed in as it did so often last year to the NY Giants.

How was it for the team you watch?
                      Our interior OL had excellent pass pro last year. Not sure what you saw. This narrative makes no sense when you look at the tape

The problem is the few pressures that our OL did allow from the interior were very impactful.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                        Our interior OL had excellent pass pro last year. Not sure what you saw. This narrative makes no sense when you look at the tape

The problem is the few pressures that our OL did allow from the interior were very impactful.
                        I have watched the tape. The stat line says that Eli wasn't sacked that often. The tape says he had to get rid of it really fast too often.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

"I hope we re-sign John Jerry"

haha...I said this to myself twice in the last two years

Comment

"Damn...who's going to replace Newhouse"

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                              People have such short memories i swear lol
                              Or they have selective memories.

Comment

"we need quality LB's"

Comment

Working...
                                X