Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
    Was he ever a great lineman, no. Was he ever a good lineman, yes. He was also a great teammate and always willing to do whatever was asked of him. Ask Bradshaw, Jacobs and Eli what they thought of Diehl. Better yet, ask his partners on the line.

The best way Diehl could have helped the team? Retire after 2011.

Comment

• "Tiki Barber went from being Matt Lauer's replacement on the TODAY show to doing a GEICO commercial"

Comment

• "What's a butt fumble?" (talking to Jets fan)

Comment

• Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
          I watched David Diehl his entire career. He was not a good lineman.
          Just remember, it's not a lie as long as you believe it.

Comment

• "I think I'll post on the Giants message board to get good conversation going with other fans...."
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

The best way Diehl could have helped the team? Retire after 2011.
              David dheil cant block. Amani toomer was slow.... thats why they played for the giants for like 2 and a half decades where the giants were a very good team year after year....

Eli ...same story not so goood....but manage to stay employed and stay playing....and team wins games...

such bullcrap what i like is david wilson types ... come in get a flashy run...fumble next play...get hurt next game for 1 year..come back play a half game ...retire..
              Those guyz are good...not guys that play 13 years or so
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• "Im excited about bringing in talent from the jets"
                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  "Hey, if you really want to enhance your "in-game" experience, participate in the "Game Day" thread.
                  Home of the mature balanced unemotional fan perspective!

Comment

I watched David Diehl his entire career. He was not a good lineman.
                    Really? His entire career?

So using that logic I guess Antonio Pierce sucked too?

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                      David dheil cant block. Amani toomer was slow.... thats why they played for the giants for like 2 and a half decades where the giants were a very good team year after year....

Eli ...same story not so goood....but manage to stay employed and stay playing....and team wins games...

such bullcrap what i like is david wilson types ... come in get a flashy run...fumble next play...get hurt next game for 1 year..come back play a half game ...retire..
                      Those guyz are good...not guys that play 13 years or so

Diehl could not block. Watch his tape. Dreadful.

Comment

Diehl could not block. Watch his tape. Dreadful.
                        As much as it pains for me to agree with you. Its true, Diehl wasn't ever even an average lineman from what I saw.

Unless getting blown up routinely in pass pro and run blocking is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                          As much as it pains for me to agree with you. Its true, Diehl wasn't ever even an average lineman from what I saw.

Unless getting blown up routinely in pass pro and run blocking is good.

He's the most overrated over-romanticized player in Giants history.

He got beat off the ball in pass-pro on virtually every snap. Bull-rush, speed-rush, speed-to-power....didn't matter, everything worked against Diehl. Turnstile.

It's like people want to pretend Diehl was good because he was a "good teammate"

Comment

• SOME THINGS YOU'D NEVER THOUGHT YOU'D SAY AS A GIANTS FAN......

anybody have anything On topic to say?

Comment

He's the most overrated over-romanticized player in Giants history.

He got beat off the ball in pass-pro on virtually every snap. Bull-rush, speed-rush, speed-to-power....didn't matter, everything worked against Diehl. Turnstile.

It's like people want to pretend Diehl was good because he was a "good teammate"
                              We won a Super Bowl with him against an undefeated Patriots team...enough said!

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                                We won a Super Bowl with him against an undefeated Patriots team...enough said!
                                IMHO..........+1
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X