Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Things You'd Never Thought You'd Say As A Giants Fan......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
    As much as it pains for me to agree with you. Its true, Diehl wasn't ever even an average lineman from what I saw.

Unless getting blown up routinely in pass pro and run blocking is good.
    All this time it never once dawned on me that we should dwell on the short-comings of retired Super Bowl winners.

Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      All this time it never once dawned on me that we should dwell on the short-comings of retired Super Bowl winners.

Good stuff.
      .........a retired SB winner who was unheralded coming out of college, played multiple positions (as a starter) for us throughout his career, was rarely out of a game due to injury and never hurt our cap situation.

It is good stuff.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
        He's the most overrated over-romanticized player in Giants history.

He got beat off the ball in pass-pro on virtually every snap. Bull-rush, speed-rush, speed-to-power....didn't matter, everything worked against Diehl. Turnstile.

It's like people want to pretend Diehl was good because he was a "good teammate"
        He allowed as much pressure on Eli (regardless of where he played) as Flowers did. Flowers is just a better run blocker

Yet Flowers is hated, DD loved. I legit get confused about that.

I think its because he was the worst player (by a LARGE margin) of an otherwise excellent OL. Unless you study DD's tape you'd have no idea he was a very poor OL (regardless of where he played or prior before injures) with the overall success of our line play.

Though, he went from bad to arguably the worst linemen in the league after his injuries.

Winning as a team should have no bearings on weak individual performances. Sometimes folks have difficulty differentiating the two.

After all, it is possible to be a great teammate, leader, spokeperson but a bad player
        Last edited by CGYgiant; 04-25-2017, 12:57 AM.

Comment

• "I hope the jets draft some good players this year, we may need them down the line."

Comment

He allowed as much pressure on Eli (regardless of where he played) as Flowers did. Flowers is just a better run blocker

I think its because he was the worst player (by a LARGE margin) of an otherwise excellent OL. Unless you study DD's tape you'd have no idea he was a very poor OL (regardless of where he played or prior before injures) with the overall success of our line play.

Though, he went from bad to arguably the worst linemen in the league after his injuries.

Winning as a team should have no bearings on weak individual performances. Sometimes folks have difficulty differentiating the two.

After all, it is possible to be a great teammate, leader, spokeperson but a bad player

+1

Spot on. 100% accurate.

Comment

In a game this year flowers had two holding penalties and the commentators went out specifically and called out his terrible technique 3 times. I dont remember that ever happening to dd.
              Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                In a game this year flowers had two holding penalties and the commentators went out specifically and called out his terrible technique 3 times. I dont remember that ever happening to dd.

Diehl got beat PHYSICALLY regardless of how good his technique was.

You don't remember it happening to DD, because you didn't study him on every snap.

I remember re-watching games on Game Pass, solely focusing on Diehl every snap.....and my god, the dude was getting beat basically every play.

Comment

You don't remember it happening to DD, because you didn't study him on every snap.

I remember re-watching games on Game Pass, solely focusing on Diehl every snap.....and my god, the dude was getting beat basically every play.
                  Complete nonsense.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I remember re-watching games on Game Pass, solely focusing on Diehl every snap.
                    And that's not sad at all.
                    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

• Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                      "Im excited about bringing in talent from the jets"
                      Hahaha yes. I think this might be the winner.

Comment

Yet somehow Eli always seemed able to take those 7 step drop-backs without getting sacked much. Hard to believe when DD was getting beat every play....

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                          Yet somehow Eli always seemed able to take those 7 step drop-backs without getting sacked much. Hard to believe when DD was getting beat every play....

Those 7 step drops came off play-action with the DL playing the run first.

Eli was pressured relentlessly in the pocket by DD's man in pure pass situations

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                            And that's not sad at all.
                            This has to be one of the funniest responses I've ever read on these boards.

Comment

• Many threads jump the tracks and leave the thread title as a distant memory.

This thread has taken a cross country leap.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

This is why flowers is hated:

3. Ereck Flowers, T, New York Giants
                                This performance brought back ugly memories of a season ago for Flowers and the Giants. In a win against the Bears this week, Flowers was beaten for nine pressures and a holding penalty. The pressures came from all angles and multiple different Chicago defenders, but the player that gave him the most trouble was rookie edge rusher Leonard Floyd, who beat him for pressure five times in the game before going off injured. Flowers began this season well, but this punctuates a steep decline in his play in recent weeks and looked far more like his disastrous rookie campaign.

His performance is not described as BAD...it is described in words like "disastrous".... he is even outclassed by rookies.
                                Last edited by appodictic; 04-25-2017, 07:01 PM.
                                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Working...
                                X