One BIG Schedule complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One BIG Schedule complaint

If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?

I suppose this, if combined with the Cowboys at home and possibly thrown a patsy to beat up on National TV, could make for a nauseating day. But in any season where our team has a top defense, I'm comfortable with any scenario.

Comment

It's not that big of a deal. It's an hour flight

Comment

The schedule is the schedule. These are big boy pros. If they go in there and get beat. It will be because they were not prepared to play well enough to win. Nothing else.I am going to call it now , I don't see them losing this game.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
          It's not that big of a deal. It's an hour flight
          I'm not talking about the flight time.

Comment

Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
            If what we're seeing is true, I despise the road Thanksgiving game WITHIN THE DIVISION. I despise it for any team, not just us. Being at home on that day, is a MASSIVE advantage for the home team. Even if the Skins turn out to be bad, and/or decimated with injuries, and we turn out to be great and healthy, it's a horrible spot to be in especially if the stakes are high.

Thoughts?
            why is it any more of an advantage than any other home game. Because of the holiday??
            I dont buy that especially for a division rival
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Thoughts?
              not really sure how Thanksgiving night game is any different than any night road game. I dont really think the crowd is going to be more revved up than usual just because it's Thanksgiving. Plus. Giants play well in Washington.

dont see how it's a horrible spot or anything honestly. We'd have to play a thursday game anyway this year. Better @ Washington than @ Philly

Comment

I'm more concerned that they open up on the road in Arlington for the 100th time

Comment

I see a lot of posters not too upset about this but I truly think if you asked any Giants fan pre-schedule release to name a scheduling nightmare and they answered honestly at the top of that list would be a mid-week game on the road against a division rival on a holiday.

I was upset when I first heard about it but now I'm over it.....will probably end up going with my sister but let's not pretend in any way shape or form this somehow benefits the Giants......all the chips are stacked in the Skins favor going in.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                    I see a lot of posters not too upset about this but I truly think if you asked any Giants fan pre-schedule release to name a scheduling nightmare and they answered honestly at the top of that list would be a mid-week game on the road against a division rival on a holiday.

I was upset when I first heard about it but now I'm over it.....will probably end up going with my sister but let's not pretend in any way shape or form this somehow benefits the Giants......all the chips are stacked in the Skins favor going in.
                    why any more than any other home, night, national game.?
                    Why does Thanksgiving have much at all to do with it??
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Thoughts?

idk if playing on Thanksgiving is any more taxing than any other date and time. the only thing against both teams is a short week of preparation. then theres a 10 break between the next game.

playing on any given game day has its advantages and disadvantage.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thoughts?
                        Home field at the old Giants stadium, was definitely an advantage.
                        The 2 billion dollar tuna fish can? ...not so much!
                        I stopped buying into that traveling disadvantage stuff a long time ago. I just don't believe it means diddly!
                        "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

If the Redskins are awful and we are fighting for a playoff spot, then we are definitely in trouble.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

We get the face 3 teams off their bye week, plus we play the Rams after our bye week, but the Rams also have the same bye week..that rest advantage lol lol

Comment

I'm just pissed that the Giants//Cardinals game is on Christmas Eve. There goes my chance of going to that game.

Comment

Working...
                              X