Facing the Cowboys Week 1 really benefits the Giants. Here's why:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
    Actually the G - C - G graded outstanding in pass-pro.
    Of course you did start a thread the other day about how terrible Justin Pugh is, so this makes total sense.

How long have you been studying Madden?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
      Of course you did start a thread the other day about how terrible Justin Pugh is, so this makes total sense.

Luckily, the G - C - G are blocking 2 DTs. 3-on-2, so either the LG or RG will be 1-on-1.

McAdoo likes to slide the line left so his scheme requires a great pass-blocking RG who doesn't need help.

Hypothetically, if the Giants drop back to pass 40 times, 32 times Richburg will slide left (John Jerry 1-on-1), 5 times Richburg will slide right (Pugh 1-on-1), and 3 times he will stay put (pick up blitz up the middle)

"The reality is, most left guards should grade out higher than right guards," Former Patriots guard Ross Tucker wrote for Sports Illustrated. "Most teams are 'right-handed,' meaning they often put the strength of the offensive formation to the right side rather than the left. As a result, most slide protections—a zone scheme in which three linemen block two defenders—go to the left, which is customarily the quarterback’s blindside. This means the right guard on most teams has a tougher job because he’s tasked with more one-on-one pass blocking assignments than the left guard."

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/10/14...right-guard-is

Comment

This means the right guard on most teams has a tougher job because he’s tasked with more one-on-one pass blocking assignments than the left guard.

The above statement DIRECTLY applies to McAdoo's scheme and how he slides his protection.

Comment

the starting 5 on the OL is already on the roster.
          I reluctantly have to agree at this point but hold out hope that there is still time to upgrade
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Yea after saying how awful Pugh is now hes saying our G-C-G are outstanding.
            Cant make it up...

Comment

This means the right guard on most teams has a tougher job because he’s tasked with more one-on-one pass blocking assignments than the left guard.

The above statement DIRECTLY applies to McAdoo's scheme and how he slides his protection.
              Your obsession with John Jerry is clear but this thread wasn't about him, and you were asked specifically about your contradictory statements on Pugh.

Comment

the mindset should be letting the NFC know we own the division.

Comment

Your obsession with John Jerry is clear but this thread wasn't about him, and you were asked specifically about your contradictory statements on Pugh.
                  http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/nfl-d...fl-draftJustin Pugh Scouting Report

Run Blocking ~ Solid, if he goes to a Zone Scheme, but he won't drive'is Man. Middling Drive Power.

Pass Blocking ~ Dubious. He's a Scrapper Deluxe, but lacks Core Strength.

Prospectus
                  Justin Pugh is one of this Draft's Hot Commodities, having risen from relative obscurity to prominence as Scouts ate up his impressive Tape. Columbia BroadCasting ~ the YardStick by which I derive Consensus Market Value ~ has'm high in the 2nd Round, and I'm starting to read multiple Reports of 1st Round Projections.

I, however, cannot get behind this Riser, even though I'm an enormous fan of Justin Pugh.

He's a Scrapper Extraordinaire, and that goes a long way in The Trenches.

But he suffers from a perilous lack of Core Strength & Drive Power to either thwart or project Power. I believe that Coaches will love'm and his ferocious Attitude, that he'll rapidly become a Leader, and will actually win most'f'is Battles, by sheer Force of Will...But against superior Competition, I believe that he's going to have serious Problems.

Yank Rank: Starter ~ Highly OverRated!!

Consensus Market Value

2nd Round

Yankee Grade

5th Round

Comment

http://www.fanaticalyankee.com/nfl-d...fl-draftJustin Pugh Scouting Report

Run Blocking ~ Solid, if he goes to a Zone Scheme, but he won't drive'is Man. Middling Drive Power.

Pass Blocking ~ Dubious. He's a Scrapper Deluxe, but lacks Core Strength.

Prospectus
                    Justin Pugh is one of this Draft's Hot Commodities, having risen from relative obscurity to prominence as Scouts ate up his impressive Tape. Columbia BroadCasting ~ the YardStick by which I derive Consensus Market Value ~ has'm high in the 2nd Round, and I'm starting to read multiple Reports of 1st Round Projections.

I, however, cannot get behind this Riser, even though I'm an enormous fan of Justin Pugh.

He's a Scrapper Extraordinaire, and that goes a long way in The Trenches.

But he suffers from a perilous lack of Core Strength & Drive Power to either thwart or project Power. I believe that Coaches will love'm and his ferocious Attitude, that he'll rapidly become a Leader, and will actually win most'f'is Battles, by sheer Force of Will...But against superior Competition, I believe that he's going to have serious Problems.

Yank Rank: Starter ~ Highly OverRated!!

Consensus Market Value

2nd Round

Yankee Grade

5th Round
                    So now you are posting a draft report of Pugh from 4 years ago????? lol, you cannot make this up.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                      So now you are posting a draft report of Pugh from 4 years ago????? lol, you cannot make this up.

All the reports are spot on and his weaknesses show up in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        I can't believe the Giants have to travel out west 4 different times , plus Dallas and Tampa. that's a lot of travel. Why didn't they clump 2 of those west coast games together?
                        Because the league cares way more about lining up good games for prime time slots than it does about making it make sense to teams competitively.
                        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                          Because the league cares way more about lining up good games for prime time slots than it does about making it make sense to teams competitively.
                          The league is paid by the owners. The owners you would think, as reported, would want to clump these games together.
                          Sad Sad Sad

Comment

No, it was a massive need that had to be addressed. The Giants HAD to acquire a big dynamic receiver.
                            and thats why they wen twith a 33 year old WR on the cheap..

I like Marshall but you are over stating the reason the got him. If his want for money was a but more he would not be a Giant
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Actually the G - C - G graded outstanding in pass-pro.
                              outstanding?....

ok....watch a game
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Because offensive playmaker = bigger need than offensive lineman
                                Okie dokie.

Comment

Working...
                                X