Facing the Cowboys Week 1 really benefits the Giants. Here's why:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing the Cowboys Week 1 really benefits the Giants. Here's why:

The Cowboys lost FOUR veteran defensive backs. Claiborne, Carr, Church, and Wilcox.

What does this mean? They will target DBs in the draft and reshape their entire secondary outside of Byron Jones.

Guess what? Those rookie DBs will get thrown into the fire Week 1....vs Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall, and Sterling Shepard. Welcome to the NFL.

Advantage, Giants.

It doesn't matter who our receivers are if we have no offensive line. It wasn't their "great" secondary that stopped us from scoring points last year. We also don't have Hankins to help stop Zeke. Advantage, neither team.

Comment

Facing the Cowboys Week 1 really benefits the Giants. Here's why:

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
      JOHN JERRY

Advantage, Giants.
      Fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
        It doesn't matter who our receivers are if we have no offensive line. It wasn't their "great" secondary that stopped us from scoring points last year. We also don't have Hankins to help stop Zeke. Advantage, neither team.

Another "O-Line one-liner" guy who has no clue what he's talking about.

Comment

I agree with the overall premise-- it will be best to catch Dallas early before the secondary gets their feet under them (if ever).

But right now, it's not like there's guaranteed to be all new faces back there.

As it stands we're looking at fielding Scandrick-Jones-Heath-Brown, meaning the only guy who hasn't earned a starter role at some point or another is Jeff Heath.

Comment

You can tell who the casual fans are. "Offensive line blah blah blah"

Keep throwing out that one-liner and thinking you have all the answers.

Comment

Another "O-Line one-liner" guy who has no clue what he's talking about.
              Yeah, you got me figured bud. How about McAdoo calling the plays again? Is that a good enough reason to be pessimistic? After all he only had 16 weeks, not including pre season, to make adjustments based on what he had to work with and he couldn't/wouldn't do it.

Is Fluker going to be our savior? No. Will Ellison hopefully improve the o line and help "I can't make adjustments McAdoo" to call more diverse plays? Possibly. Can Marshall make a difference? Absolutely, assuming Eli has tome to throw the ball, again back to the O line. Until I see otherwise, I'm seeing the majority of the returning starters from the same offensive line that couldn't create holes for running lanes and couldn't protect Eli long enough for him to even read the field. I see the same o line and play caller/HC in McAdoo that helped us be near dead last in almost every offensive statistical category there is. I see the same offense that couldn't put up 30 points just once.

You're right, plenty to be optimistic about with the same o line returning.
              Last edited by mrmeng; 04-20-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The Cowboys lost FOUR veteran defensive backs. Claiborne, Carr, Church, and Wilcox.

What does this mean? They will target DBs in the draft and reshape their entire secondary outside of Byron Jones.

Guess what? Those rookie DBs will get thrown into the fire Week 1....vs Odell Beckham, Brandon Marshall, and Sterling Shepard. Welcome to the NFL.

Advantage, Giants.
                YEAH BUT WHY WE ALWAYS GO TO THEM SISSY ***** FIRST ALL THE DAMN TIME???????? SMH
                Myron Guyton from tiny Eastern Kentucky and Greg Jackson from LSU solidified a Giants Defense as Rookies, maybe Starters, and came out of nowhere in the Draft to prove their worth. Parcells believed in them and they played and played well as Rookies helping the G-men to the SB in '90.....

Comment

Another week 1 game at Dallas.
                  The NFL is really getting creative with their scheduling.

Comment

I can't believe the Giants have to travel out west 4 different times , plus Dallas and Tampa. that's a lot of travel. Why didn't they clump 2 of those west coast games together?
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      I can't believe the Giants have to travel out west 4 different times , plus Dallas and Tampa. that's a lot of travel. Why didn't they clump 2 of those west coast games together?
                      The Redskins also have isolated west coast games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                        The Redskins also have isolated west coast games as well.
                        Yeah, I looked at their schedule, looks tougher than ours. Also Dallas. Brutal.
                        WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

looks good on paper..

dont forget the Cowboys will want to score points as well.

They lost 3 games last season. Dont for get that.
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Yeah, I looked at their schedule, looks tougher than ours. Also Dallas. Brutal.
                            Not trying to instigate envy here but the Chicago Bears are scheduled to have 13 games at 1 PM EST with just 2 primetime games, leaving the 1 remaining game at the 4 PM slot. ROFL!
                            Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 04-20-2017, 08:50 PM.

Comment

maybe we will be a good road team, this season!

Comment

Working...
                              X