Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Schedule info every Giants fan needs to read.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Schedule info every Giants fan needs to read.....

http://empirewritesback.com/2017/04/...riors-in-2017/

click link to read the entire article:

The Giants will be traveling more than any other team on the East Coast that does not have to leave the country. The Jacksonville Jaguars will travel more, but that is because they play over in London once again.

The Giants will be facing off against a team coming off a bye week four times in 2017, the most of any team in the NFL. That puts the Giants at a net rating of minus-22 days of less rest than the teams they will be playing against. That is a significant number when the second worst team is the Detroit Lions at minus-10.

That could be a huge factor for the Giants as the season wears on. The Giants also do not have the luxury of playing any home division games early in the season. For whatever reason, the Giants do not host an NFC East team until Week 14 when the Dallas Cowboys visit MetLife Stadium. That late in the season, those home divisional games could be meaningless.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

so it seems the Giants do have some disadvantages this season.
    They play more teams off of byes than any other team. They will be traveling more.
    They will have less hours of rest than any other team

If they still come out with a good record then they will either be fully battle tested or they will be shot come the payoffs.....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Heard about this on Mike and Mike today. Oh well. We have to play them anyway. If three division games from 14 on are meaningless then we suck and it wouldn't matter when we play them. My thought is at least we are not traveling that late in the year. The bye week thing is a big mess up by the NFL imo.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I feel like they got screwed big time in the schedule this year. Only thing that works out is the week 8 bye. Not only the travel but they are playing multiple teams coming off a bye like the Seahawks and Rams. I didnt really check to see if there were more but Im sure there is.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

yeah I normally dont care much about tough schedule but the playing teams after a bye week and less time off than other teams is odd.

Like Irish said.....Oh well......
          Play hard or go home

Comment

3 of the last 4 games at home is huge.. but the overall schedule seems like they went out of their way to make it more difficult.

Comment

I think most of this is overblown. Especially the part about teams off bye weeks.

Opponents we face after their bye week

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Rams (we both share this bye week)

vs. Chiefs

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
                I think most of this is overblown. Especially the part about teams off bye weeks.

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Chiefs
                I guess that plus the less time off, plus the travel. plus not playing a home div game until week 14....

either way its just some interesting info

Comment

The good news is there's less time to oh I dunno maybe go to Miami
                  "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

The Giants and their ticket holders flat out got ****ed by the NFL. No other way to put it. Usually there is a give and take with the scheduling....like alright 4 out of your first 6 are on the road but you made a request to have back to back West Coast games so we'll grant you that.....NOPE! Took it up the *** across the board. Home games late only benefit you if you can get through the guillotine they set up for you early on.....this schedule blows.

This has nothing to do with being scared to play certain team at certain times or anything like that.....the reality is this scheduled is highly inconvenient for both the players and the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                      The good news is there's less time to oh I dunno maybe go to Miami
                      hee hee....

but that was before the playoffs so that time frame will be the same and maybe more if the get a first round bye!!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        where are the back to back west coast games? I didnt see that on the sched?
                        Also how is this sched "inconvenient" to the fans?
                        There aren't any....that's my point.....typically with a schedule there's give and take....but this year the NFL just took took took.....they didn't schedule back to back West Coast games like the Giants specifically requested so that they could stay out West instead of bouncing back and forth every other week.

Should have clarified......it's inconvenient as a Season Ticket Holder.....5th year in a row they had an away opener.....the only 2 times they've had a home opener over the last 8 years was to open the new stadium and to celebrate the Super Bowl.....last home opener non-midweek was in 2010!!! So they bump the opener to week 2.....fine but now it's on a frickin Monday....got to either take off work or leave early to make it. Then they bury their last 4 in the last week of November and December......frigid temps.....nothing a few pops won't fix but come on.

As a fan I love 1pm games....if it was up to me every Giants game would be 1pm......take the prime timers and 4:25pm EST starts and shove them (West Coast 4:25'ers I get).

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                          There aren't any....that's my point.....typically with a schedule there's give and take....but this year the NFL just took took took.....they didn't schedule back to back West Coast games like the Giants specifically requested so that they could stay out West instead of bouncing back and forth every other week.

Should have clarified......it's inconvenient as a Season Ticket Holder.....5th year in a row they had an away opener.....the only 2 times they've had a home opener over the last 8 years was to open the new stadium and to celebrate the Super Bowl.....last home opener non-midweek was in 2010!!! So they bump the opener to week 2.....fine but now it's on a frickin Monday....got to either take off work or leave early to make it. Then they bury their last 4 in the last week of November and December......frigid temps.....nothing a few pops won't fix but come on.

As a fan I love 1pm games....if it was up to me every Giants game would be 1pm......take the prime timers and 4:25pm EST starts and shove them (West Coast 4:25'ers I get).
                          gotcha....I was thinking two west coast games in a row was not optimal but I get what you are saying.
                          I dont go to every home game maybe if I did I would have issues with the late games but I rather like the later games.

Comment

Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post

@ Broncos

vs. Seahawks

vs. Chiefs
                            welp might as well chalk up that KC game a loss. Andy Reid doesn't lose after a bye ugh

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                              The Giants and their ticket holders flat out got ****ed by the NFL. No other way to put it. Usually there is a give and take with the scheduling....like alright 4 out of your first 6 are on the road but you made a request to have back to back West Coast games so we'll grant you that.....NOPE! Took it up the *** across the board. Home games late only benefit you if you can get through the guillotine they set up for you early on.....this schedule blows.

This has nothing to do with being scared to play certain team at certain times or anything like that.....the reality is this scheduled is highly inconvenient for both the players and the fans.
                              how does it effect the fans at all? only one home game is primetime and the rest of the home games are normal Sunday times. and thats what happens when you're a good team, you get primetime games. i would think it's better for the fans that the one night home game is in September and not December..

and this they shafted the Giants thing is such BS. not every team has the perfect schedule they want. last year we also started the year with 4 of 7 on the road, same as this year. Giants also got blessed with not traveling further than Cleveland after week 7 last year. thats 10 straight weeks on the eastern time zone. it happens. some years we get a good schedule some times we get a rough schedule. it just so happens we played 2 west divisions this year so we have to travel west 4x

the only thing i would say they should change is having to play the two west divisions in the same year. but theres nothing that can be done about that now
                              Last edited by gibril28wilson; 04-21-2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X