Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants have the least enviable schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants have the least enviable schedule

    From ESPN Schedule Analysis:
    Overall, the Giants might have the NFL's least enviable schedule, based on ESPN senior analytics specialist Brian Burke's analysis. They'll have an NFL-high four games against teams coming off their bye and a net total of minus-22 days of rest compared to their opponents. (The next-highest lack of rest days belongs to the Detroit Lions at minus-12.)

    Here is some analysis from Football Outsiders on how relative rest affects competitiveness. Suffice it to say, you want to avoid playing teams who are coming off their bye.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ext...rest-game-dvoa

    Finally, the Giants have four trips into the Mountain or Pacific time zones, giving them more travel miles than any East Coast team with the exception of the Jaguars, who have a home game in London.

  • #2
    Originally posted by eastbayblue View Post
    From ESPN Schedule Analysis:
    Overall, the Giants might have the NFL's least enviable schedule, based on ESPN senior analytics specialist Brian Burke's analysis. They'll have an NFL-high four games against teams coming off their bye and a net total of minus-22 days of rest compared to their opponents. (The next-highest lack of rest days belongs to the Detroit Lions at minus-12.)

    Here is some analysis from Football Outsiders on how relative rest affects competitiveness. Suffice it to say, you want to avoid playing teams who are coming off their bye.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ext...rest-game-dvoa

    Finally, the Giants have four trips into the Mountain or Pacific time zones, giving them more travel miles than any East Coast team with the exception of the Jaguars, who have a home game in London.
    Makes no sense why they always do this to the Giants. IF I remember correctly they had as many all almost as many games vs teams last year coming off Byes?? Why do they not spread it around. IT puts the team at a disadvantage. And also they were one of the teams with the least amount of rest last year and now add Four West Coast Trips to that mix.. They could of granted their request and made at least one of them back to back out there so they could of stayed on the West Coast. But they have them hopping back and forth for Home and Away games across the Country like Jack Rabbits. So dumb

    They also play 4 of the first 6 away from home similar to last year when they played 4 of the first 7 on the Road. And do not have a Home Game against the NFCE till week 14... Wow. They are setting them up to be out of it before they get those 3 of last 4 at Home
    Last edited by miked1958; 04-21-2017, 11:25 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by eastbayblue View Post
      From ESPN Schedule Analysis:
      Overall, the Giants might have the NFL's least enviable schedule, based on ESPN senior analytics specialist Brian Burke's analysis. They'll have an NFL-high four games against teams coming off their bye and a net total of minus-22 days of rest compared to their opponents. (The next-highest lack of rest days belongs to the Detroit Lions at minus-12.)

      Here is some analysis from Football Outsiders on how relative rest affects competitiveness. Suffice it to say, you want to avoid playing teams who are coming off their bye.
      http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ext...rest-game-dvoa

      Finally, the Giants have four trips into the Mountain or Pacific time zones, giving them more travel miles than any East Coast team with the exception of the Jaguars, who have a home game in London.
      I would think that Denver Broncos have toughest schedule. They play Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, NE Patriots, NY Giants and also have to play Oakland Raiders twice and Kansas City Chiefs twice as well.

      If NY Giants are a good team then the schedule should be fine. I kind of like all the exciting games against good competition.
      #80

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MagillasMango View Post

        If NY Giants are a good team then the schedule should be fine. I kind of like all the exciting games against good competition.

        End of story.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Makes no sense why they always do this to the Giants. IF I remember correctly they had as many all almost as many games vs teams last year coming off Byes?? Why do they not spread it around. IT puts the team at a disadvantage. And also they were one of the teams with the least amount of rest last year and now add Four West Coast Trips to that mix.. They could of granted their request and made at least one of them back to back out there so they could of stayed on the West Coast. But they have them hopping back and forth for Home and Away games across the Country like Jack Rabbits. So dumb
          I would think part of the reason may be because NY Giants are a big market team and the fans travel well; i alwys see a lot of NY Giants fans at away games.
          NFL may want to get maximum exposure for some of the teams coming off buy weeks.
          #80

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh I just noticed there is another thread exactly like this one started at 630am with a lot more posts on it which is why not so many on this one yet. Was wondering why this one had not got bombarded with posts

            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....=1#post2052656
            Last edited by miked1958; 04-21-2017, 11:28 AM.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
              Oh I just noticed there is another thread exactly like this one started at 630am with a lot more posts on it which is why not so many on this one yet. Was wondering why this one had not got bombarded with posts

              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....=1#post2052656
              Ok thanks for letting me know about that, I did not see the other post

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by eastbayblue View Post
                Ok thanks for letting me know about that, I did not see the other post
                Its similar in the Posts but its not the same Link. So your good and people are posting in both so no biggie
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think the Giants schedule doesn't look bad. As well, these are athletes with trainers to prep them for the travel etc...I think the travel is a factor at a micro level. Basically it's an excuse. You want to prove to everyone how good you are? Jump into the snake pit and take whatever they throw at you. If you want people to think you are great, make excuses.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Holy ****! Are people STILL whining about the schedule?

                    I can't wait to watch this board blow up over our 1st rd draft pick that most everyone here has never heard of.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                      Holy ****! Are people STILL whining about the schedule?

                      I can't wait to watch this board blow up over our 1st rd draft pick that most everyone here has never heard of.
                      Joe Shlabotnik, right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Huckleberry "Crazy Legs" McMurphy........QB outta Bergen Community College.
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          They Giants had a good schedule laste year. No long road trips...didn't play the toughest divisions/opponents. Which lead to their record. This year the schedule is worse. The Giants better pray they get lucky in the draft with a capable olineman or that win total will go down

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                            Holy ****! Are people STILL whining about the schedule?

                            I can't wait to watch this board blow up over our 1st rd draft pick that most everyone here has never heard of.
                            im sayin haha and the draft overreaction theaters are the best lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                              Makes no sense why they always do this to the Giants. IF I remember correctly they had as many all almost as many games vs teams last year coming off Byes?? Why do they not spread it around. IT puts the team at a disadvantage. And also they were one of the teams with the least amount of rest last year and now add Four West Coast Trips to that mix.. They could of granted their request and made at least one of them back to back out there so they could of stayed on the West Coast. But they have them hopping back and forth for Home and Away games across the Country like Jack Rabbits. So dumb

                              They also play 4 of the first 6 away from home similar to last year when they played 4 of the first 7 on the Road. And do not have a Home Game against the NFCE till week 14... Wow. They are setting them up to be out of it before they get those 3 of last 4 at Home
                              agree seattle travels to us off a by and get a 4:25 start to boot thats just one example, not good for the game or the players health.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X