Last NYG SB I offered up a prayer, here we go again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last NYG SB I offered up a prayer, here we go again

Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Re: Last NYG SB I offered up a prayer, here we go again

+10000000

Comment

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.[/quote]

Nice. I usually pray for all players in the game to come out healthy and for our guys to be loose and play their very best.

I don't ask for a Gmen win outright and it's worked tremendously.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlueOnes"]Dear Lord, there are things in this world much more important than football, but to thousands of us, an essential fabric of our being is dreaming and living and pulling for our heroes. For many, the joy of this game may be all the recreation and relaxtion they obtain. That this game may bring such emotion and joy to man is not lost on you, and in that vein I fervently pray for a NY Giants win tomorrow and for the health and safety of all the player and fans. Amen.[/quote]

My Mom would be grateful. She prays for the Giants and tries to get me to go to church to do the same....

Thank you for your prayer may it be heard and realized.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I pray before and during most, but not all, games. I'll definitely be praying tomorrow (got my own special lucky prayer).

GOD BLESS THE NY FOOTBALL GIANTS!!!

Comment

I'm glad this was well received!! I'm sure TC would approve?? God I love this team and organization.
            Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Amen. God bless and Goodluck to the Giants.

Very positive post.

Comment

"All In" is a profession of faith that is the secret weapon that has brought the team forward.

Excellent story from Newark Star Ledger some may not have seen:

Politi: Many Giants find that faith goes beyond 'Tebowing'

Excerpt:

He handed the 15 to 18 players who attended that night poker chips to
                go with his message: “All In.” He encouraged the players to step up and
                “risk everything and bet everything” on each other.

The players embraced it, many keeping the chips in their lockers,
                leading the team to print white “All In” towels to give to fans.

Gonzalez was surprised at how his message took off. But Kareem
                McKenzie, a veteran tackle and one of the regulars at Bible study and
                chapel, wasn’t. He said the weekly sessions help players stay focused,
                especially younger ones who are just now learning the rigors of the
                league.

“I think it helps make sure guys have the right spiritual mind-set to
                do their jobs effectively,” McKenzie said. “If you have a good
                spiritual base, you have a better understanding of the process and the
                ups and downs of a season, and you can deal with it better.”

Amen and "All In"

Comment

Amen brotha!

dELIver us!

Comment

Amen

Comment

Amen

Comment

hahahaha. wait...is this serious?

Comment

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]hahahaha. wait...is this serious?[/quote]

Yes, the nation is 83% Christian and of course, you heard of Tim Tebow's faith being a major story in the NFL this year. Many of us believe, as many players do, as John Mara, Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin do. Please read the article I linked above.

Another excerpt:

...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise.

Maybe ever.

“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the
                          team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we
                          do, this is the most I’ve seen.”

Comment

Amen

Comment

[quote user="GreenZone"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"]hahahaha. wait...is this serious?[/quote]

Yes, the nation is 83% Christian and of course, you heard of Tim Tebow's faith being a major story in the NFL this year. Many of us believe, as many players do, as John Mara, Jerry Reese and Tom Coughlin do. Please read the article I linked above.

Another excerpt:

...the number of players who lean on their Christian faith is larger than it’s been in years for this franchise.

Maybe ever.

“I’ve been with the Giants for 16 seasons,” said George McGovern, the team chaplain, “and as far as the quantity of guys involved in what we do, this is the most I’ve seen.”

[/quote]

easy now.....no need to get defensive. Some believe and some dont.

ALL IN.....remember......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X