Wide receivers and injuries.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    while i do agree, the giants WR curse is one very crazy thing.
    indeed ... but I don't see it any more out of the ordinary than say O line or RB

there are far less at those positions who haven't missed significant time with injury than those who have in the last decade or so

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      indeed ... but I don't see it any more out of the ordinary than say O line or RB

there are far less at those positions who haven't missed significant time with injury than those who have in the last decade or so
      Injuries happen, but the ones to our receivers seem to always be career changing or ending. They never come back to good production. All good guys, it's really a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

It felt like for a while that a different position group was getting decimated with injuries every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
          Injuries happen, but the ones to our receivers seem to always be career changing or ending. They never come back to good production. All good guys, it's really a shame.
          I wonder if that is partially a function of the position they play. With the speed of the game a WR or CB cannot really afford to lose even a quarter step of speed or agility anymore. I think this is also why you will see players at these positions sit out a game with an injury that may seem minor or wouldn't effect another player at a different position.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
            I wonder if that is partially a function of the position they play. With the speed of the game a WR or CB cannot really afford to lose even a quarter step of speed or agility anymore. I think this is also why you will see players at these positions sit out a game with an injury that may seem minor or wouldn't effect another player at a different position.
            But a 2 year shelf life is ridiculously low, don't you think.

Comment

But a 2 year shelf life is ridiculously low, don't you think.
              Yes, I agree. But in the case of these WRs, I am of the opinion that it has mostly been bad luck.

Hilliard was a cheap shot, Burress shot himself, Nicks had a degenerative condition. Cruz may have been a turf issue, I don't recall Smith and Hixon's injuries right now but they may have been turf issues as well. So if looking for a culprit, the turf seems to be the best bet; but really have no idea.

Comment

Hixon is the one I always forget. From what I heard from him and saw on the field, he was a good guy, a good pro, a very good NFL receiver.....and an above average kick returner as well. He just kept having those serious knee injuries.

The sampling is probably too small to conclude anything but it sure as heck leaves me smh when I look back on our WR injury history.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                  Hixon is the one I always forget. From what I heard from him and saw on the field, he was a good guy, a good pro, a very good NFL receiver.....and an above average kick returner as well. He just kept having those serious knee injuries.

The sampling is probably too small to conclude anything but it sure as heck leaves me smh when I look back on our WR injury history.
                  Could you imagine if Eli had 5 years or so with any of these guys, especially Plax, Nicks, Smith or Cruz.

Comment

Could you imagine if Eli had 5 years or so with any of these guys, especially Plax, Nicks, Smith or Cruz.
                    From just one.............is that too much to ask?
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                      Nicks had a degenerative condition.
                      What degenerative condition did Nicks have?

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                        What degenerative condition did Nicks have?
                        chronic compartment syndrome....degenerative might not have been the right word, but it is not a condition that was ever going to get better enough for him to play footaball on a professional level

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          From just one.............is that too much to ask?
                          Nicks gave us 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Onyxmeth View Post
                            Nicks gave us 5 years.
                            How many healthy ones?

Comment

How many healthy ones?
                              Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Onyxmeth View Post
                                Zero.
                                No doubt. Even when he was real good, 2011, he was playing injured.

Comment

Working...
                                X