Leonard Marshall Going To Donate Brain For Research

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Marshall Going To Donate Brain For Research

Heard it on the radio this morning going to work. Not sure if I can mention the station on here or not, but stated Leonard Marshall and Matt Hasselbeck have agreed to donate their brains for concussion research. Marshall states he is already suffering short term memory loss and erratic behavior. I hope everything turns out all right for him. I remember what happened with Dave Duerson...very sad. Does anyone know how we can reach out to these guys with well wishes or something? Maybe the mods have a line of communication?

After he dies I hope. Doing it now certainly won't improve his quality of life.

Comment

For real? Cmon man...not funny.

Comment

Big Leonard is one of my favorite Giants ever.

And this is another reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
          After he dies I hope. Doing it now certainly won't improve his quality of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
            Big Leonard is one of my favorite Giants ever.

And this is another reason why.
            Same here, he was a great Giant.
            It's a sin he's not in the ring of honor.

Comment

That's a shame. Leonard was a heck of a ballplayer and deserves to be in the ROH.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                Same here, he was a great Giant.
                It's a sin he's not in the ring of honor.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  That's a shame. Leonard was a heck of a ballplayer and deserves to be in the ROH.
                  Yes, he was/is one helluva competitor.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Hearing this has broken my heart! He was one of my favorites. :'(

Comment

CTE is probably going to kill professional sport the way it's killing people that've played it

Comment

Flip, football is in the early stages of a slow death. The biggest problem is talent is starting to be funnelled away from the sport. Just go out and ask parents of young children, many of them will not allow their children to play football. Many school districts around the country are shutting doing their programs. As this happens more and more, the talent level will continue to fall in the NFL until it looks like a Division 3 college game. The traditional die-hard fans are already being pushed away by the NFL with its new lowest common denominator product they are trying to create. When the talent goes, any of those fans that are still with the sport will go and the fans they are trying to attract now will be easily poached by other entertainment interests. No talent, no fans, no football. By 2050 the NFL will close up shop.

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          Flip, football is in the early stages of a slow death. The biggest problem is talent is starting to be funnelled away from the sport. Just go out and ask parents of young children, many of them will not allow their children to play football. Many school districts around the country are shutting doing their programs. As this happens more and more, the talent level will continue to fall in the NFL until it looks like a Division 3 college game. The traditional die-hard fans are already being pushed away by the NFL with its new lowest common denominator product they are trying to create. When the talent goes, any of those fans that are still with the sport will go and the fans they are trying to attract now will be easily poached by other entertainment interests. No talent, no fans, no football. By 2050 the NFL will close up shop.
                          You might be right. I believe it's for that very reason that we are witnessing games in London and Mexico. Did they actually play a regular season game in Mexico?

Comment

You might be right. I believe it's for that very reason that we are witnessing games in London and Mexico. Did they actually play a regular season game in Mexico?
                            The raiders are playing in Mexico this year.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Rosey, you should know by now, I'm always right.

Comment

Working...
                              X