Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF Ranks Eli 3rd Best QB from 2004 Draft Class......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can tell you the exact moment PFF lost all credibility in my eyes....the Cowboys opener last year Eli threw one pick on a wrong route but still tossed 3 TD's and hit at a 68% clip.....he got a below average PFF grade (link below).....hysterical. Let's say the pick was Eli's fault (might have been even with the wrong route being run). You're telling me one errant throw/decision warranted a below average grade?!?!?!? GTFOH!!!! PFF is the biggest joke on the planet.....it USED TO BE decent but now their so called "analytics" are based on "should have's", "would have's" and "could have's."

- https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...ne-on-defense/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
      I can tell you the exact moment PFF lost all credibility in my eyes....the Cowboys opener last year Eli threw one pick on a wrong route but still tossed 3 TD's and hit at a 68% clip.....he got a below average PFF grade (link below).....hysterical. Let's say the pick was Eli's fault (might have been even with the wrong route being run). You're telling me one errant throw/decision warranted a below average grade?!?!?!? GTFOH!!!! PFF is the biggest joke on the planet.....it USED TO BE decent but now their so called "analytics" are based on "should have's", "would have's" and "could have's."

- https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...ne-on-defense/
      Chris Collinsworthless is an owner. Thats all you need to know.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
        Here's how they grade a pass. Get ready cause this is good stuff.

My head just exploded, a la Scanners...
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• PFF only seems to be modertaively relevant around here when it fits into ones preexisting biases.

There's nothing more human than that, I suppose

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            Eli......great at times , good at times, bad at times.
            Overall a well above average player and franchise QB. Prob HOFr too.

Whats is this such a debate?

He didn't turn out to be his brother, hurt a lot of feelings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
              My head just exploded, a la Scanners...
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                PFF only seems to be modertaively relevant around here when it fits into ones preexisting biases.

There's nothing more human than that, I suppose
                Absolutely just like anything else. Stats don't mean anything until they prove your point. I live in Ct now and work in Mass. I have had this conversation with several Pats fans. "Eli winning Super Bowls doesn't mean anything, it's a team sport". Then I ask why they think Brady is better than Peyton and "Dude, he has won 5 Super Bowls, the guy is amazing".
                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  Absolutely just like anything else. Stats don't mean anything until they prove your point. I live in Ct now and work in Mass. I have had this conversation with several Pats fans. "Eli winning Super Bowls doesn't mean anything, it's a team sport". Then I ask why they think Brady is better than Peyton and "Dude, he has won 5 Super Bowls, the guy is amazing".
                  That is hilarious.
                  sigpic

Comment

So true. Boston fans always like to pull that stuff.
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      So true. Boston fans always like to pull that stuff.
                      LOL, we have one in the Yankees thread who thinks that David Ortiz is innocent.
                      sigpic

Comment

It goes on here all the time; posters use PFF to defend half the o-line while dismissing it for the other half.

Then - as Rosie said - after using it to diss the o-line they dismiss it for the QB. The reality is that stats have huge limitations that are often swept under the rug in favor of their support for whatever specious argument is being put forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          It goes on here all the time; posters use PFF to defend half the o-line while dismissing it for the other half.

Then - as Rosie said - after using it to diss the o-line they dismiss it for the QB. The reality is that stats have huge limitations that are often swept under the rug in favor of their support for whatever specious argument is being put forth.
                          64% of stats are made up on the spot
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
                            64% of stats are made up on the spot
                            Very good insight.

Comment

Lol spot on.

Comment

When only one player remains from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd SB wins to the 4th and fifth...there might be something to that.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X