Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF Ranks Eli 3rd Best QB from 2004 Draft Class......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TEM View Post
    And yet Eli has better and TD and int percentages then Simms.
    LMFAO. That was an excellent comeback
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
      If Eli averaged 91 tds to 44 ints for his 12 year career that would equate to 364 tds to 174 ints right now. I could easily live with that, how about you?
      I'm one of those guys who hates turnovers. Especially stupid ones.

Everyone has different expectations.

And to get back to the OP.....Eli is a better player than Rivers and Rivers is damned good.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Name me all the qbs that have thrown over 90 tds in the last 3 years? Never happened in the history of this team.
        Jesus Christ. The man just stated his opinion - respectfully too I might add.

Must you always latch onto Eli's **** and turn every thread into a suckfest?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
          Why would you care what a stat aggregating company with a subjective overlay thinks?

Don't you watch football and draw your own - often much more accurate - conclusions?

As said above, awesome marketing company with a cool business plan, which this article confirms. Interest must be sparked and content must be created.
          I don't mean this as any defense of PFF, but who here actually watches 523 NFL games, and watch them play by play multiple times so they can get a look at it from different areas on the field? Is anyone here doing that? How can you draw a more accurate opinion when the task is so daunting, unless you're getting paid for the work?

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
            Jesus Christ. The man just stated his opinion - respectfully too I might add.

Must you always latch onto Eli's **** and turn every thread into a suckfest?
            LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              I'm one of those guys who hates turnovers. Especially stupid ones.

Everyone has different expectations.

And to get back to the OP.....Eli is a better player than Rivers and Rivers is damned good.
              I don't need Eli to be ranked above Rivers, both are good at what they do, but Eli's numbers are the best they've ever been by a long shot during the last 3 years, so this "the king is dead" might just be just a bit overblown, you think, George( I don't care what Lenny thinks)?

Comment

Name me all the qbs that have thrown over 90 tds in the last 3 years? Never happened in the history of this team.
                If this is the stat we are going by:

Rivers: 93
                Eli: 91
                Ben: 82

some others:
                Rodgers: 109
                Brady: 97
                Brees: 102

Personally, picking a single stat without other factors seems like a silly way to judge a QB. Cherry picking a given time frame could make it a bit biased as well. But, even with that, he falls where most would put him, very good.

No way I am going to check every QB in the NFL, that is just ridiculous. But to the point that you were responding to, I don't think anyone could argue that Eli was playing very well last year.. which is what the poster was trying to say.

Let's just hope last year was an anomaly, and he bounces back this year.
                My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

You're not helping.
                  just having some fun with ya.....
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                    If

Let's just hope last year was an anomaly, and he bounces back this year.
                    and I'm just saying last years #s are way better than his career average. I'm not saying he had a great or good year, but it was by far not his worst. Hopefully it is way better this year with the new weapons.

Comment

I don't need Eli to be ranked above Rivers, both are good at what they do, but Eli's numbers are the best they've ever been by a long shot during the last 3 years, so this "the king is dead" might just be just a bit overblown, you think, George( I don't care what Lenny thinks)?
                      While your needs ARE important to me....not sure how they are relevant to this discussion.

Comment

Eli delivered on what we drafted him to do. Twice. So I don't care where he ranks.

Heck, I hope that by the time he's done we'll be having arguments about how he's the worse 3X SB winning QB of all time.
                        All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                          Eli delivered on what we drafted him to do. Twice. So I don't care where he ranks.

Heck, I hope that by the time he's done we'll be having arguments about how he's the worse 3X SB winning QB of all time.
                          This.

He's just one person out of an entire team as far as I'm concerned. I'm as thankful for him as much as I am as thankful that Jaquan Williams (sp) caused that fumble, as much as Tyree made the helmet catch, etc.
                          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Not a PFF guy so excuse the following question....

How many PFF points does a guy get for being MVP of the SB twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                              Not a PFF guy so excuse the following question....

How many PFF points does a guy get for being MVP of the SB twice?

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X