Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF Ranks Eli 3rd Best QB from 2004 Draft Class......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PFF Ranks Eli 3rd Best QB from 2004 Draft Class......

    Ohhhhh boy......heads gonna explode on here.....

    http://www.metro.us/sports/new-york/...04-draft-class

    PFF is absolute garbage.....and it has nothing to do with this article.......just in general......their metrics (if you can call them that) are a complete joke.

  • #2
    Seems right to me

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh God help us.......
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd venture to say that most of us don't even care or ever cared.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

        Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

        Comment


        • #5
          That's actually probably fair based off of what pff does.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not a big deal to me, since I'd rather have the 3rd ranked guy with the 2 SB's than the second ranked guy with zero SB's.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
              I'd venture to say that most of us don't even care or ever cared.
              Agree 100% they added two trophies to the case with him at the helm,Big Ben and himself are the only one's that should be in the conversation,they spent their careers playing outdoors in similar weather winning championships.

              Comment


              • #8
                You got to hand it to the guys at PFF. They realized that people were so starved for football data, they'd buy anything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  You got to hand it to the guys at PFF. They realized that people were so starved for football data, they'd buy anything.
                  It is a fantastic example of both creating a niche and then filling it...for a profit.
                  Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                    It is a fantastic example of both creating a niche and then filling it...for a profit.
                    It certainly is and while I usually make fun of those guys, I'm sure they are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Of the three quarterbacks compared by PFF, Manning has the lowest completion percentage and the most interceptions, obvious arguments against his candidacy. But he has the most passing yards and touchdowns of that group in the regular season, numbers that are hard to argue with.

                      And on an interesting note, Manning’s playoff average of 1.5 touchdowns per postseason game is the highest of Rivers and Roethlisberger. In addition, his 0.8 interceptions per game in the playoffs is the lowest of the group and his playoff quarterback rating and completion percentage are the highest.

                      All in all, perhaps not a bad draft pick for the Giants.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Not a big deal to me, since I'd rather have the 3rd ranked guy with the 2 SB's than the second ranked guy with zero SB's.
                        I 2nd this, when Eli was drafted and if they told you he would lead us to 2 SB victorys I believe we all would have stood in line and signed up. These 3 are so closely grouped all 3 teams got a QB that they hoped for and everyone of them gave these organizations more than they could have hoped for.

                        Although I disagree with the order these 3 are all HOF IMHO. Rivers sat his first 2 years or his numbers would even be higher. Eli is 6th all time in TD passes ahead of the other 2, their both right behind him. Same in yardage. I believe Ben has more playoff wins, and of course Eli and Ben both have 2 SB rings. They are all in the top 10 all time in TD passes and pass yardage and could be 6th, 7th, and 8th all time in both catagories when they retire. 300 plus TD's and 50,000 yds HOF numbers. The most successful QB class from a draft ever. Including Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

                        And all 3 are set to have a big year in front of them in 2017.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                          I 2nd this, when Eli was drafted and if they told you he would lead us to 2 SB victorys I believe we all would have stood in line and signed up. These 3 are so closely grouped all 3 teams got a QB that they hoped for and everyone of them gave these organizations more than they could have hoped for.

                          Although I disagree with the order these 3 are all HOF IMHO. Rivers sat his first 2 years or his numbers would even be higher. Eli is 6th all time in TD passes ahead of the other 2, their both right behind him. Same in yardage. I believe Ben has more playoff wins, and of course Eli and Ben both have 2 SB rings. They are all in the top 10 all time in TD passes and pass yardage and could be 6th, 7th, and 8th all time in both catagories when they retire. 300 plus TD's and 50,000 yds HOF numbers. The most successful QB class from a draft ever. Including Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

                          And all 3 are set to have a big year in front of them in 2017.
                          All 3 are real good and all 3 have stood the test of time and are still playing at a high level. I doubt any of the 3 teams wished it went a different way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            Of the three quarterbacks compared by PFF, Manning has the lowest completion percentage and the most interceptions, obvious arguments against his candidacy. But he has the most passing yards and touchdowns of that group in the regular season, numbers that are hard to argue with.

                            And on an interesting note, Manning’s playoff average of 1.5 touchdowns per postseason game is the highest of Rivers and Roethlisberger. In addition, his 0.8 interceptions per game in the playoffs is the lowest of the group and his playoff quarterback rating and completion percentage are the highest.

                            All in all, perhaps not a bad draft pick for the Giants.
                            Philip Rivers?
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Philip Rivers?
                              ha ha....you are right . Eli was not a NYGs draft pick...
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X