Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90-man roster: Will Eli Apple take a step forward?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good player, but he needs to eliminate this mess....like most other rookies

Comment

His lowlights aren't even that bad. Quite a few of those he was in position to make a play on the ball but he doesn't have the confidence yet to find the ball. Most the guys that beat him deep were on extended plays or very good receivers. Kid has all the tools to develop into a top corner and he showed improvement as the year went on. High hopes for him this year.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
        He better.. he is a top 10 pick.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Rookie DBs normally don't do well their rookie years. See Landon Collins, CWeb, Ross, and Prince. Let's hope we see the same improvement.
          Prince stinks period
          always did

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
            Prince stinks period
            always did
            I was not a fan of prince at all. But I would not say he stinks. He was just injured about 40% of his career with the giants.

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
              Prince stinks period
              always did
              No he didn't. He was good when healthy but never took risks so he never got interceptions. He was better than Ross.
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

To be able to measure up to the talent around him on that Defense and not let the get into his head . He kept his composure and showed maturity beyond the typical 21 year old. That alone is an inclination of what he has the potential to become.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

If what we read about him working so hard this offseason on fitness is true then I think it is worth it to keep him here. I do think some of the barriers he has had with his technique and some of the bad habits we have seen were moreso because he was so out of balance so much.If he slimmed down and strengthened his legs/core, then his balance absolutely will improve and the rest of his game will improve too. It really is hard to imagine that this kid was the same age as most college sophomores when he came to the team. So I hope he his hard work pays off, and I hope his weight problems arent something that plague him throughout his career.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
                    I am still not sure about him. Nothing really stands out that yet that makes me think he will be as great as DRC and Jenkins. Apple had only 2 good highlights all season. His tackling is beyond below average, hopefully he changes my mind this season. But then again not many rookie Corners start out great so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was only 21....by 24 he should be a shut down corner

Here is a video showing how terrible he was:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnxj2qvepcY
                    Apple was actually the best tackling corners coming out that year and stuck his nose in it plenty with results

Comment

I'll take a "Landon Collins type leap" with Apple!

Comment

Working...
                      X