This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    Honestly, you kind of acknowledged that the poster is trolling. I just thought that trolling was not tolerated here and that the culprits would be banned permanently. If I am wrong, please let me know.
    What the heck is "trolling?" It has become a word that most of the time signifies dissatisfaction with what is boing posted. I don't agree with a lot that is said here based upon my own personal biases. Posting an opinion is NOT trolling most of the time. HOWEVER, the best way to stop "trolling" in its tracks is to simply not respond to the OP. That doesn't mean we aren't going to more closely watch those who get some members agitated just because the create a thread. But every member here has the right to post their opinions. That they push some members' buttons is unfortunate, but we try to be even handed in how we apply administrative actions such as watching warnings and infractions accumulate.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      What the heck is "trolling?" It has become a word that most of the time signifies dissatisfaction with what is boing posted. I don't agree with a lot that is said here based upon my own personal biases. Posting an opinion is NOT trolling most of the time. HOWEVER, the best way to stop "trolling" in its tracks is to simply not respond to the OP. That doesn't mean we aren't going to more closely watch those who get some members agitated just because they create a thread. But every member here has the right to post their opinions. That they push some members' buttons is unfortunate, but we try to be even handed in how we apply administrative actions such as watching warnings and infractions accumulate.
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        What the heck is "trolling?" It has become a word that most of the time signifies dissatisfaction with what is boing posted. I don't agree with a lot that is said here based upon my own personal biases. Posting an opinion is NOT trolling most of the time. HOWEVER, the best way to stop "trolling" in its tracks is to simply not respond to the OP. That doesn't mean we aren't going to more closely watch those who get some members agitated just because the create a thread. But every member here has the right to post their opinions. That they push some members' buttons is unfortunate, but we try to be even handed in how we apply administrative actions such as watching warnings and infractions accumulate.
        Trolling is defined as "making a deliberately provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them." It was just a practice that I figured had zero tolerance on here. I don't interact with the poster that much at all, but he clearly is doing things that he isn't supposed to be doing in some people's minds. Maybe you could post your rules and policies on trolling. I don't care either way, but it clearly an issue on here since people are complaining about it.
        sigpic

Comment

Trolling is defined as "making a deliberately provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them." It was just a practice that I figured had zero tolerance on here. I don't interact with the poster that much at all, but he clearly is doing things that he isn't supposed to be doing in some people's minds. Maybe you could post your rules and policies on trolling. I don't care either way, but it clearly an issue on here since people are complaining about it.
          Honestly I find them to be very entertaining. My only issue is when a thread gets derailed and usually those threads gets locked up quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post
            Honestly I find them to be very entertaining. My only issue is when a thread gets derailed and usually those threads gets locked up quickly.
            When every single thread, ends up being a bash Jerry Reese or a fight over john jerry, it gets ridiculous. Wait, what was the topic of this thread, trolling??? Forgot.

John Jerry and Jerry Reese are secretly gay lovers! That's the important thing to remember though.
            Last edited by bigpoppy; 05-20-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              Is this some kind of joke?

You said it was a state of mind of "sacrifice ... it's about never thinking about the consequences of a collision," remember?

Berhe plays that way.

But if you only choose to only describe him as a undisciplined player that's certainly your prerogative, but it doesn't change the fact that he loves to lay the wood.
              ok

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                When every single thread, ends up being a bash Jerry Reese or a fight over john jerry, it gets ridiculous. Wait, what was the topic of this thread, trolling??? Forgot.

John Jerry and Jerry Reese are secretly gay lovers! That's the important thing to remember though.
                Bruh.......
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                  Well those types of posters do that on purpose. The ignore option on here is useless because the posts can still be seen when they are quoted. Anyways, I don't care but plenty of others on here clearly do and probably feel like nothing is being done about it.

Well they did ban that Eliordie guy, so I will give them props for that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well those types of posters do that on purpose. The ignore option on here is useless because the posts can still be seen when they are quoted. Anyways, I don't care but plenty of others on here clearly do and probably feel like nothing is being done about it.

Well they did ban that Eliordie guy, so I will give them props for that.
                    Lol. Trust me Eliordie is still around with a different screen name.

Comment

People here complain when the wind blows, which is why when people start whining about opinions that dont jibe with their own, it's mostly written off, or at least it was with me.

Someone dislikes Eli? TROLL!
                      Someone dislikes PFF? TROLL!
                      Someone doesn't think that the Giants are going to do well in a given season? TROLL!

Its all about posters refusing to take responsibility for the state of these boards. They want everyone and everything negative and/or unusual removed immediately, just so they wont have to endure anything that gets under their paper thin skin.
                      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                        People here complain when the wind blows, which is why when people start whining about opinions that dont jibe with their own, it's mostly written off, or at least it was with me.

Someone doesn't think that the Giants are going to do well in a given season? TROLL!

Its all about posters refusing to take responsibility for the state of these boards. They want everyone and everything negative and/or unusual removed immediately, just so they wont have to endure anything that gets under their paper thin skin.
                        I can agree with that. However, you and I both know what the OP is doing.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

And let's face it, infatuation over below average offensive linemen is very common.

Comment

And yet we entertain them by responding and overreacting in some instances. It's very easy for those who have no responsibility for the outcome to simply say "BAN THEM".
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 05-21-2017, 09:39 AM.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Yes, he's obsessing over John Jerry and voicing unpopular opinions. It wouldn't bother anyone if they didn't allow it to bother them.

If the mods banned everyone for unpopular opinions and for saying things that pissed off other posters, there'd be no one left

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I have a theory about our friend who seems so enthralled with John Jerry. I don't think he has any opinion about John Jerry at all.

I think he picked an obscure Giant and has been spoofing us with it since. It could have been anyone. Herzlich, J. T. Thomas, Casillas. And he has been playing us all for chumps ever since and everyone has fallen for it.

This guy doesn't like John Jerry anymore than anyone else. Deal with it. We need to stop making this guys day(s).
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X