Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris simms does not like the jpp deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
    This is like someone using total sacks allowed to measure the success of a OL. There's more to it than statistics.....
    Sure generally speaking, but generally speaking, it's as likely as not an analyst or journalist will cite sack numbers as evidence of a crappy O-line. Other factors maybe, but it always comes down to the bottom line. The DE who has the most sacks generally sticks on the roster, as does the corner with the most INTs and the RB with the most YPC.
    Last edited by Ghost; 05-18-2017, 07:23 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Who cares what Chris Simms likes?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mercurio View Post
        Who cares what Chris Simms likes?
        His wife

        Comment


        • #19
          It would be nice if JPP played in 16 games..

          I fully expect him to keep his trend going where he misses a few games a year. Once that is factored in his value starts to drop. You can't dispute that he has missed more then his share of time.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
            It would be nice if JPP played in 16 games..

            I fully expect him to keep his trend going where he misses a few games a year. Once that is factored in his value starts to drop. You can't dispute that he has missed more then his share of time.
            Yes that's what scares me about the jpp deal. It seems like Jr and the giants paid him more for what he used to be not what he is now.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mercurio View Post
              Who cares what Chris Simms likes?
              You can really say that about any writer almost. At least he has played some football and has been around football his whole life.

              Comment


              • #22
                It is just his opinion. Nothing more or less. Chris Simms is an OK analyst. You don't have to discredit the guy, just to discredit his take. I disagree with Simms in this case though. I bet if he said that JPP is an absolute bargain, he would be a ****ing genius to some of you on here.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Well here's the deal ... if JPP can't stay healthy then it will be looked at as a bad deal. If he can. it is a good deal.

                  To the extent that Simms' opinion is based upon JPP's health, it's not ridiculous. I do, however, disagree with the idea that JPP is not worth the money when healthy.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                    Well here's the deal ... if JPP can't stay healthy then it will be looked at as a bad deal. If he can. it is a good deal.

                    To the extent that Simms' opinion is based upon JPP's health, it's not ridiculous. I do, however, disagree with the idea that JPP is not worth the money when healthy.
                    But you have to factor that in. If the player isn't on the field it does not matter how good he is. Same in everything, if you have an employee that is unrealiable, do you let them stay or give them a raise because they a great when they show up? When JPP is healthy, he is worth the contract they gave him, but I think they overpaid a little because he is unreliable.

                    Comment


                    • #25


                      Had this chump not been Phil Simm's son he would never have supplanted Major Applewhite's (proven winner) at Texas nor made it to the pros nor been hired as a broadcaster/analyst.....he's as untalented as an analyst as he was as a football player.....that's saying a lot. He's probably a really nice person but every position he's ever held outside of QB'ing Ramapo HS has been given to him without him earning it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jmike View Post
                        But you have to factor that in. If the player isn't on the field it does not matter how good he is. Same in everything, if you have an employee that is unrealiable, do you let them stay or give them a raise because they a great when they show up? When JPP is healthy, he is worth the contract they gave him, but I think they overpaid a little because he is unreliable.
                        I don't disagree with you.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                          And Warren Sapp doesn't think Strahan should be in the Hall of Fame...LMAO. NFL gets views for websites.
                          Sapp hates Strahan there's something personal between them and has been for years. Rumor has it they almost came to blows ata all star game, don't know why. But there really is animosity there heck it's hatred. They both belong in the HOF that's obvious.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                            Yes that's what scares me about the jpp deal. It seems like Jr and the giants paid him more for what he used to be not what he is now.
                            Listen this is the price of doing business. He's the only guy that is a legit pass rusher and can be a constant threat in the pass rush. Believe me he was a priority to sign. There were no pass rushers in FA, A draft choice who has not proven anything and it could take 2-3 years before a rookie reaches his potential. If he goes down it hurts big time. But it's worth the risk.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              what makes Chris Simms think his opinion is worth anything.......

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                                what makes Chris Simms think his opinion is worth anything.......
                                Probably the fact that somebody asked his opinion or put him in a position to give one. I fail to understand why everyone is getting their shorts in a wad over this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X