Chris simms does not like the jpp deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    He's alright. He isn't the best, but he certainly isn't the worst.
    listening right now ... he sounds fine ... sounds quite a bit like his old man actually .... very similar style

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      honestly Phil being replaced has nothing to do with how good or bad he is and everything to do with the network geeking on the chance to have the hot new name in the game .... happens constantly in the industry

I work in this industry and have for over 40 years ... this happens every single day of the week
      Who did it happen to today?

You told me you work for a record label mostly focused on R&B and Hip Hop, not NFL game production. Or do you mean they are both in the entertaiment industry? Which is kind of a loose grouping that encompases a lot of very different products.

Comment

first ... you can't name one
        Doesn't matter if I do, see my earlier comment.
        second ... never one time did I say you had to be a successful NFL player to be a good analyst ... not once... I'm seeing a pattern with you
        You said that they had to be a decent player with a long career for you to respect their opinion. Most reasonable people would call that a successful NFL player, because having a career over 4 years in the NFL is a successful player and I would not call 4 years a long career.

what I did say was for ME to take someones analysis seriously I would like them to have at least been ... and I'll quote myself.... "a decent player with a long career" ... nothing to do with their name ... nothing to do with fame ... could be a guy you never heard of in your life ... but payed the game for a respectable amount of time and was a decent player while doing so ... outside of that I am not interested ...
        Please find me a player with a long career that isn't well known by at least some group of NFL fans.

remember these are my opinions only
        never forgot that

and did Dave Meggett and LT attempt to break into the media market and I missed it ?
        LT did.

and even if they did ... do you have to be a good guy to be a good analyst ?
        no

I think Warren Sapp was a wonderful analyst ... he broke down Xs and Os better than most guys on that network ... he just happened to be a bad guy
        ok

Comment

Originally posted by jmike View Post
          Probably the fact that somebody asked his opinion or put him in a position to give one. I fail to understand why everyone is getting their shorts in a wad over this.
          just my opinion

Comment

to me ... now this is only my opinion.... for a player to cross over to the media and have any sort of football opinion that I would remotely respect they would have to have been at least a decent player with a long career

it is kind of like caring at all what Tim Rattay or JP Lossman or Chris Weinke thinks about anything

you couldn't do anything when you were in there now I have to hear you talk about it ?.... no thanks

if his name was not Simms would he have a vehicle for his opinion at all ?

my guess is no
            seems to me that I remember Simms having some issues with controlled substances a while back and if thats true then I'm surprised any of the media outlets are having anything to do with him.....

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
              just my opinion
              My apologies, it looked like a question to me.

Comment

its times like this i wonder how Ja rule feels about the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                  its times like this i wonder how Ja rule feels about the deal.
                  Haha, yes 'rooni, inquiring minds want to know!
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Haha, yes 'rooni, inquiring minds want to know!
                    haha, somehow he can make sense of all of this

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                      haha, somehow he can make sense of all of this
                      I give JR good grades on player contracts and cap management over the years. He has done a good job of avoiding sentimental contracts. To truly have an opinion on the signing, you really have to be an NFL GM (or past GM) with very deep knowledge of our roster, cap situation, JPP's medical status etc.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

you know what would help ... if you actually read the post and understand what I am talking about

which you clearly don't

let me explain ... Game Time asked if I thought the opinion of an analyst who never played pro ball was worthless ...

I simply explained that I am not interested in a football analysis by someone who did not either coach or play the game

that's it

name one quality analyst who never coached or played the game .... one
                        Hold on a second... This is an interesting point i can't think of any.. But then again I can't think of many analysis that don't have a professional football background at all.
                        Last edited by giants8493; 05-19-2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: I read this backwards

Comment

More than 65% of the league gets injured according to a study by mansgamelost.com. The average dames missed is 2.6. You can't not pay a top 5 player in his position top 5 money because your scared of injuries. Okwara is not half the player jpp is.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                            More than 65% of the league gets injured according to a study by mansgamelost.com. The average dames missed is 2.6. You can't not pay a top 5 player in his position top 5 money because your scared of injuries. Okwara is not half the player jpp is.
                            https://www.google.com/search?q=midg...o1K1iQ_DN9ZuM: <<<<<< picture makes that obvious

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                              He's not a tenth the player that JPP is

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                He's not a tenth the player that JPP is
                                Again, for what it's worth, pff did not rank jpp into the top 25 pass rushers in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...-pass-rushers/

The giants needed jpp theres no doubt about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X