Chris simms does not like the jpp deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joeybagadonutz23 View Post
    Let me spell it out for you. If his dad wasn't Phil Simms he wouldn't be an analyst. That's what annoys me and I suspect others as well.
    so what...
    many kids get help from their parents regarding their careers.

why does this matter at all??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      so what...
      many kids get help from their parents regarding their careers.

why does this matter at all??
      So much about life is who you know and who your family is. That's just the way the world works.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
        So much about life is who you know and who your family is. That's just the way the world works.
        true....and its not a bad thing.
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• The problem with a caste system is , you may not always have the most talented for the job. If you are an idiot your mom, dad, or who you know does not change that. At the same time some nobody genius is passed up for a less qualified individual. Horrible system.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• whats a Chris Simms ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              Here is another person going way out of their way to discredit a person because the opinion isn't one that the poster agrees with. I would like to hear about your football credentials.
              I really don't understand why people are getting so upset of a football analyst voicing an opinion on football.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
                I really don't understand why people are getting so upset of a football analyst voicing an opinion on football.
                seems crazy doesnt it.

Comment

seems crazy doesnt it.
                  Yes, unfortunately not the craziest thing I have seen on these boards today.

Comment

Definity not a bad thing at all. I'm sure most of us here would love to have that type of connections if we don't have one already.
                    Last edited by jay051; 05-22-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                      No I would not.

Injuries due to non football related activities would are not a part of how I would diagnose a player as "injury prone"

That is a enormous can of worms.

His durability is about average for a player of his size, ability and workload. There are very very few that bring all to the table that he does, therefore his value is very high even if you don't get a full season out of him.
                      Missing 2 games a season is not average for the top flight players.

You guys are giving JPP far to much credit. He is a great player when healthy, But you can't sit here and act like he earns every dollar from an "on the field" standpoint. He doesnt. Not when you missed 17 games in 4 years.

And once again, even without those games, he is STILL considered injury prone. Not to mention most of the games he misses are always late season games when you need all the talent you can get.

This isn't about him being a great player. He is. But we simply over paid for a player that misses a lot of games.

By the numbers, that cannot be disputed. People need to realize our team is stacked with young players that we are going to need to pay in the coming years. We need to be as frugal as we possibly can, down to the dollar.

I'm glad JPP is on our team. But I just wish we didn't overpay so much for a player that misses late season games.

Comment

So, someone getting a job because of who they know not what they know is a good thing? No wonder this country has spiraled down the toliet.

There is zero argument for a caste system being a good system. TEM said it perfectly.

Passing up a nobody genius for some bafoon because the bafoon has a rich daddy does nothing but lower effeciency and production. That nobody is going to work twice as hard knowing daddy isn't going to save his butt. The caste system is designed to help a very small group of people, not the whole of a country.

It's archaic and outdated.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                          So, someone getting a job because of who they know not what they know is a good thing? No wonder this country has spiraled down the toliet.

There is zero argument for a caste system being a good system. TEM said it perfectly.

Passing up a nobody genius for some bafoon because the bafoon has a rich daddy does nothing but lower effeciency and production. That nobody is going to work twice as hard knowing daddy isn't going to save his butt. The caste system is designed to help a very small group of people, not the whole of a country.

No one on this thread has put forth any evidence that a genius analyst (lol!) was passed over in favor of Chris Simms.

My sense is that for the less literal of us, the family name probably gets one an interview or a foot in the door so to speak, and that's about it.

After that you eat what you kill or you starve. Joe Buck Jr has managed to eek out a career based on his father, despite no discernible skills. But Chris Simms is a bridge too far? Seems pretty arbitrary.

Comment

who says Chris doesnt know what he is talking about or he is not good at his job? You are vilifying a guy because his Dad is Phil Simms.? Makes no sense at all. Mike Golic's kid played football at Notre Dame and never made it in the NFL. Now his kid works for ESPN. Thats a bad a thing?
                            So kids with rich parents are buffoons?

You seem to be speaking like a "victim". Get a grip

plenty of slackers in this world. Both rich and and not so rich
                            Last edited by GameTime; 05-22-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Missing 2 games a season is not average for the top flight players.

You guys are giving JPP far to much credit. He is a great player when healthy, But you can't sit here and act like he earns every dollar from an "on the field" standpoint. He doesnt. Not when you missed 17 games in 4 years.

And once again, even without those games, he is STILL considered injury prone. Not to mention most of the games he misses are always late season games when you need all the talent you can get.

This isn't about him being a great player. He is. But we simply over paid for a player that misses a lot of games.

By the numbers, that cannot be disputed. People need to realize our team is stacked with young players that we are going to need to pay in the coming years. We need to be as frugal as we possibly can, down to the dollar.

I'm glad JPP is on our team. But I just wish we didn't overpay so much for a player that misses late season games.
                              I don't worry about $$$ as a fan. By the same logic we vastly overpaid for Olivier Vernon. But we needed him.

My point is that if you want to be serious you need difference maker players like JPP. I think you underestimate how few players like him there are.

I am much happier they paid JPP than I would be if they didn't and were left to work out something else

Comment

No one said this at all. Also why does Chris Simms have to be a bafoon??.....because you disagree with his opinion?

Comment

Working...
                                X