Evan Engram Highlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Looking forward to watching him tomorrow night.

As a side note I looked to see how David Njoku was coming along and found this:

Still early but just comparing the small sample of them in training camps Engram has had the better summer

Have not heard anything one way or the other on Howard's Camp
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

This kid could be Baby Megatron!!!! The league couldnt handle the size and speed of Megatron, he was fantastic. I hope this is the start of something special. He is too big for a corner and too fast for a LB. The league is going to be in big trouble when he is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy E View Post
        This kid could be Baby Megatron!!!! The league couldnt handle the size and speed of Megatron, he was fantastic. I hope this is the start of something special. He is too big for a corner and too fast for a LB. The league is going to be in big trouble when he is out there.
        lots of receivers fit that mold of "too big for a corner and o fast a LB"

but yes....I hope its a start of something special as well....

very pumped to see his progression
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I read somewhere where rookie tight ends for whatever reason don't seem to have the best success. Lets hope engram can break the trend. Remember eric ebron? The guy barley did anything his rookie season. I believe the article also said shocked was the last rookie tight end to have a good season. I can't think of another one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
            I read somewhere where rookie tight ends for whatever reason don't seem to have the best success. Lets hope engram can break the trend. Remember eric ebron? The guy barley did anything his rookie season. I believe the article also said shocked was the last rookie tight end to have a good season. I can't think of another one.
            what would consider a "good rookie season" for Engram with this receiving corp around him

40 catches, 5 TDs, 600 yards?

With all the weapons they hope to have on offense it will be a "quality and not quantity" type of thing
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post

Lol, I made the video & I don't like the song. I'm trying to play to my audience, so to say. Now, I just use rap instrumental beats. No one really tends to complain about it.
              ehh, music is subjective, sorry if I offended you. I did like the highlights once I muted it

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

what would consider a "good rookie season" for Engram with this receiving corp around him

With all the weapons they hope to have on offense it will be a "quality and not quantity" type of thing
                the consensus from what i've read is that if we do not see the cover 2 from opposing defenses, because of engram being a seam threat,...if we see the offense play calling being more multiple, because engram is receiving threat and a true tight end that can block,.... 2 TE sets, 4 WR sets, less substitutions necessary etc., etc. , if he helps out in the run game by executing blocks on dbs and lbs and inline against DE's once in awhile, then it will be a big success no matter what the stats are. add in some big plays, key third down conversions once in a awile, red zone prowess etc. lots of factors to analyze the success having nothing to do with stats.
                Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-11-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

the consensus from what i've read is that if we do not see the cover 2 from opposing defenses, because of engram being a seam threat,...if we see the offense play calling being more multiple, because engram is receiving threat and a true tight end that can block,.... 2 TE sets, 4 WR sets, less substitutions necessary etc., etc. , if he helps out in the run game by executing blocks on dbs and lbs and inline against DE's once in awhile, then it will be a big success no matter what the stats are. add in some big plays, key third down conversions once in a awile, red zone prowess etc. lots of factors to analyze the success having nothing to do with stats.
                  true.....not just about catches and receiving yards..

Comment

That would put him around the 20th best tight end in the league comparing to last year's stats. I would say 60 catches 700 yards would really good. They would be around top 15. But I would definitely take 40 catches 600 yards. Look at Bennett on this list ugh....(I know I know product of the system) (also I know I know we couldn't afford him at the time)...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

That would put him around the 20th best tight end in the league comparing to last year's stats. I would say 60 catches 700 yards would really good. They would be around top 15. But I would definitely take 40 catches 600 yards. Look at Bennett on this list ugh....(I know I know product of the system) (also I know I know we couldn't afford him at the time)...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG
                      thats why I said on "this roster". And if they get a run game going that will be even fewer passes needed.

Quality receptions

Comment

thats why I said on "this roster". And if they get a run game going that will be even fewer passes needed.

Quality receptions
                        Him being just a threat should help the whole team. I can't wait to watch this offense.

Comment

like how he runs and finds the holes, and his separation pretty good! this could be huge for us!

Comment

Quality receptions
                            Like wide open 3rd down conversions, the ones that TEs have been getting off of us for years?

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

ehh, music is subjective, sorry if I offended you. I did like the highlights once I muted it
                              No worries, you didn't offend me. You can't argue with taste, especially since I agree with your assessment.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

I am up at the lake this weekend. I listened to some of the 1st half on Sirius. How did Engram look? Did he get many snaps?

Thanks everyone!
                                Go Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X