Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    After last year, I would settle for 25
    After last year, the offense breaking the teens was considered a success. You had the dallas game when they scored like 9 unassisted points, but we ended up with 27 because of our defense got turnovers and the like.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Would settle for a few FG's.

Kidding
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
        Would settle for a few FG's.

Kidding
        ;_;

Not kidding
        If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
          ;_;

Not kidding
          Exactly
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

How Engram fits Giants offense concept and thoughts
            Yesterday at 6:50 PM

"This was actually an interesting article I just read. How Engram fits into the Giants offense

Based off of the offense last year and coaches offensive game plan. We all think that Ben wants to play a more balanced approach and mixing things up. 3 receiver 4 receiver 2 TE classic power I etc. or does he??

So in a typical 11 personnel offense 3 receivers plus Engram at TE. Will teams play the Giants in a Nickle? Well that maybe what the Giants want. Why? Because 3 corners generally cover 3 receivers. That puts a linebacker on Engram. Isn't that what we want? If the double Odell that takes a safety away as well. You would be forced to play 1 deep safety in case any of the other receivers or TE wins one on one deep Wouldn't that also limit defenses to one or two additional blitzers? Just a thought

What if they know teams will not attempt to play a linebacker on Engram but a DB. So that puts defenses into a Nickle with 3 safeties and 1 linebacker or a dime package. Ok. Now teams can cover our 4 weapons but that is an undersized lineup. Wouldn't u think Eli checks into a run in those situations? Engram can definitely block a corner at 5'10 inches 190 pounds you would think.

Will this approach change the way the game is played? Will it catch the league by surprise? Most teams only have 1 or 2 quality corners. Teams that are weak at corner will be exposed or teams who are suffering a few injuries in the secondary will be.

Will teams be forced to play a soft zone. Let the Giants get those 3 4 yard passes and hope to tackle well and get 3 to 4 yard runs and hope we beat ourselves with false starts and holds. Play us safe or do teams go aggressive and give no help and hope blitzing and pressure gets the job done

Regardless if the line plays a little better then last year this could be a real treat for Giants fans to watch

Thoughts"

copied from another sports forum

Comment

Beat the Cowgirls, She-girls,foreskins, most 40pt.games,16-0!! =super bowl champs 2017! there!! I feel confident!LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                Beat the Cowgirls, She-girls,foreskins, most 40pt.games,16-0!! =super bowl champs 2017! there!! I feel confident!LOL !
                atta boy!

Comment

I think 40 might be a little ambitious. But with the new weapons they've added Marshall, Ellison and Engram, the continued development of Perkins, the return of Vareen and the new look and commitment of the young tackles Flowers and Hart as well as the availability of Fluker and Bisnowaty, as well as the fact that this year's defense should be getting a lot a 3 and outs and turnovers giving the offense more opportunities, I'm thinking that 30 to 35 is both doable and realistic. If they score in the 30 to 35 range and play defense the way they played it last year, getting 12-13 wins is realistic and they'll take the NFC East!

Comment

Love the enthusiasm with this potentially loaded offense but the schedule is against us. Tough defenses, tough road trips, 4 western trips plus our annual trek to Dallas. I must admit I've been day dreaming about both our offense and defense reaching and over reaching their potential. Eli could have monster year. Of course the O line could torpedo the whole thing.

Comment

we had trouble breaking 20 - without the defense helping them out. The additions of Marshall and the first round pick are worth 20 points?
                      http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                      http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Like most people are saying I'll be happy with 20 a game

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                          we had trouble breaking 20 - without the defense helping them out. The additions of Marshall and the first round pick are worth 20 points?
                          In July? absolutely! lol

remember dallas wins the superbowl every spring on Tv! so anything is possible in the offseason!

get with the program! lol

Comment

As many weapons as we have 40 is a stretch. If the Giants average 25 or 26 points per game this season I'll be happy, I want to see an improvement.
                            New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Tough crowd. The fact is that our super young offensive line will be entirely intact this year. Pugh is playing for a contract and if I were Fluker, I would be a man possessed by the need for redemption. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to win the RT spot due to the fact that he is an ABSOLUTE BEAST in the run blocking game. And you can't discount the fact that there will be even more competition with Adam Bisnowaty. The o line is going to surprise a lot of people this year in my opinion. They will have more help from the rest of the offense as well: fb/ te/ (big and physical) wr.

That said aid I don't think it's out of the question to put up at least 30 points on a decent number of games pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                                Well as was said it a hinges on what the guys up front can do compared to last year

A lot of promising drives ended with penalties by the O Line Killing them or having to settle for FGs. If they can improve many if the drives they ended up with nothing get them points and the ones they got only 3 on could turn into more TDs
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                                X