As Eli Manning's backup, rookie Davis Webb should expect ...by David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    If Eli wasn't comfortable with a play, he talked to the offensive coordinator, and it was taken out.

wonder if its the same with Mac
    Maybe Eli can get the shotgun draw removed

Comment

Great read.

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        yeah ... as if there is any way to avoid it from happening

and no coach did not say that ... he said it is not Elis job or responsibility ... which it is not ...

starting in a few weeks these guys will be spending more time together than they will be with their own families until Jan ... there is absolutely no way possible to avoid the things Carr mentions from happening ... zero
        Yeah, I know. I just thought Mac's statement was kind of odd and discordant. There was really no reason for him to say it. Why would you not want your newly drafted QB to learn from an experienced vet?

Comment

obviously hard to tell in their underwear with no pressure applied ... but his mechanics, arm strength and accuracy look fantastic

if I may say so ... better then Eli looked at this point in his career ... that means pretty close to nothing at this point but is also all I have to go on

he has size and swagger ... commands the huddle very well ...

if it turns out he has a little ice water in his veins and can stand up to some pressure we may have a diamond in the rough here

he is the only Manning back up I have ever been impressed with since Eli has been here

plus he already carries himself like a pro ... seems like a really good kid
          I also remember the word on Eli during his rookie prep (and his play in the preseason that year) was not great. Didn't one of his early training camp passes supposedly hit a video van or something? And I like Eli. Nassib also looked totally lost early his rookie year, so I'm pretty pleased with the word on Webb.

Comment

obviously hard to tell in their underwear with no pressure applied ... but his mechanics, arm strength and accuracy look fantastic

if I may say so ... better then Eli looked at this point in his career ... that means pretty close to nothing at this point but is also all I have to go on

he has size and swagger ... commands the huddle very well ...

if it turns out he has a little ice water in his veins and can stand up to some pressure we may have a diamond in the rough here

he is the only Manning back up I have ever been impressed with since Eli has been here

plus he already carries himself like a pro ... seems like a really good kid

That's excellent

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
              Yeah, I know. I just thought Mac's statement was kind of odd and discordant. There was really no reason for him to say it. Why would you not want your newly drafted QB to learn from an experienced vet?
              I just think Mac meant its not in Eli's "job description" to be a teacher. Its is odd thing to say but also you have to hear how the questioned was asked which I dont know.

Also, IMO, I dont think Mac likes Eli very much as a QB. if this is true then maybe he doesnt want Webb "learning" from him. ...lol
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I just think Mac meant its not in Eli's "job description" to be a teacher. Its is odd thing to say but also you have to hear how the questioned was asked which I dont know.

Also, IMO, I dont think Mac likes Eli very much as a QB. if this is true then maybe he doesnt want Webb "learning" from him. ...lol
                That is kind of ridiculous to be honest

Eli is one of the brightest football minds in the game right now

anyone .... coaches included ... could learn by simply watching film with him

Comment

That is kind of ridiculous to be honest

Eli is one of the brightest football minds in the game right now

anyone .... coaches included ... could learn by simply watching film with him
                  hence the "lol"....
                  but I must admit, and this is only from my gut, I dont think Mac likes Eli, physically, as a QB..

I am probably wrong but its my opnion
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Watched some youtube videos of Webb and the kid is skinny. Anybody worried he may snap in half on his first hard hit?...

Comment

hence the "lol"....
                      but I must admit, and this is only from my gut, I dont think Mac likes Eli, physically, as a QB..

I am probably wrong but its my opnion
                      I'm not sure what makes you think that ... but I don't think it is true at all

I'm obviously not in coach's head ...

Comment

I'm not sure what makes you think that ... but I don't think it is true at all

I'm obviously not in coach's head ...
                        I dont really know other than me reading between the lines with things he has said and also the QB he had prior to Eli is night and day different physically.
                        Maybe much of his playbook is predicated on a mobil throw on the run type QB?

Comment

I dont really know other than me reading between the lines with things he has said and also the QB he had prior to Eli is night and day different physically.
                          Maybe much of his playbook is predicated on a mobil throw on the run type QB?
                          he has never had a QB as a HC

and his playbook is not predicated on a mobile QB throwing on the run ... it is predicated on timing QB drops with WR route steps ... it is purely calculated timing ... quick reads and getting the ball out fast

Comment

he has never had a QB as a HC

and his playbook is not predicated on a mobile QB throwing on the run ... it is predicated on timing QB drops with WR route steps ... it is purely calculated timing ... quick reads and getting the ball out fast
                            I know.....I was thinking of his time at GB....thats all.
                            Like I said I am prob wrong.
                            Last edited by GameTime; 06-15-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I know.....I was thinking of his time at GB....thats all.
                              Like I said I am prob wrong.
                              you could be right for all I know ... I just don't see it

Comment

I think Webb's going to be a bust. Hopefully im wrong...

Comment

Working...
                                X