Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As Eli Manning's backup, rookie Davis Webb should expect ...by David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post
    I think Webb's going to be a bust. Hopefully im wrong...
    what makes you think that ?

    just throwing it out there so you can say you said so if it happens ?

    Comment


    • #32
      His college games, dont like his accuracy. Mostly throws floaters, not really a gunner. Plus he looks weak, hard time getting up after some hits in college...including injuries.

      Comment


      • #33
        Is it much the same as what Aaron Rogers is doing in GB?

        Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        he has never had a QB as a HC

        and his playbook is not predicated on a mobile QB throwing on the run ... it is predicated on timing QB drops with WR route steps ... it is purely calculated timing ... quick reads and getting the ball out fast
        sigpic

        LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

        Comment


        • #34
          As the article said in the next to last paragraph. Webb could be a starter either with the Giants or WITH ANOTHER TEAM. He is not going to be the backup this year no matter what. I would put him on injured list out for the year and carry the either of the other 2 QB's or both of them. Webb is the 4th best QB on the team. He shouldn't even get 20% of the snaps in pre season.

          The more I hear or read about this pick the more it annoys me. To me it's a waste of a 3rd rd pick. I'm sure we could have found a player that would actually be able to help the team this year in the 3rd rd. Webb probably won't play a down for at least 2 years, probably another Nassib. Next year the QB class is suppose to be heavy.

          Comment


          • #35
            I agree, still pissed we skiped D'Onta Foreman for some dude that may never play

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
              As the article said in the next to last paragraph. Webb could be a starter either with the Giants or WITH ANOTHER TEAM. He is not going to be the backup this year no matter what. I would put him on injured list out for the year and carry the either of the other 2 QB's or both of them. Webb is the 4th best QB on the team. He shouldn't even get 20% of the snaps in pre season.

              The more I hear or read about this pick the more it annoys me. To me it's a waste of a 3rd rd pick. I'm sure we could have found a player that would actually be able to help the team this year in the 3rd rd. Webb probably won't play a down for at least 2 years, probably another Nassib. Next year the QB class is suppose to be heavy.
              I understand you are entitled to your opinion . I don't see the reasoning behind the "wasted pick comment" . At least let the player have a chance, 3-4 seasons before casting a judgement on if a pick was wasted. Just the perspective I see it from . Rodgers sat was that a wasted 1st round pick?
              Last edited by TEM; 06-15-2017, 05:18 PM.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

              Comment


              • #37
                http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...5-7efc45b775f2

                Comment


                • #38
                  New York Giants QB Eli Manning did a little hazing this week, making rookie Davis Webb sing "Buy U A Drank" in front of the entire team.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    For whatever the criticism's of Manning are, his dedication and studious nature are beyond reproach. Can't be many better guys for a young QB to be with on a regular basis. I much prefer the things that are said about Webb at this point. I like that he's clearly got the arm and a strong head on his shoulders. It always bothered me that it seemed clear in Nassib's time with us that we picked a guy who seemingly could not make all the throws required of an NFL QB. Someone can feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong, but even to my layman eyes it looked pretty obvious.
                    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                      For whatever the criticism's of Manning are, his dedication and studious nature are beyond reproach. Can't be many better guys for a young QB to be with on a regular basis. I much prefer the things that are said about Webb at this point. I like that he's clearly got the arm and a strong head on his shoulders. It always bothered me that it seemed clear in Nassib's time with us that we picked a guy who seemingly could not make all the throws required of an NFL QB. Someone can feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong, but even to my layman eyes it looked pretty obvious.

                      You aren't wrong, there's no shortage of proof.

                      Prepare to be corrected anyway.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        ba dum dum....pssshhhhh

                        FIXED IT!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          You aren't wrong, there's no shortage of proof.

                          Prepare to be corrected anyway.
                          I would expect nothing less Sir.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by sc_markt View Post
                            Watched some youtube videos of Webb and the kid is skinny. Anybody worried he may snap in half on his first hard hit?...
                            That is not uncommon coming out of college and can change. Simms and Kelly both transformed into thick, rugged Pros. Simms was a career necessity as he was dinged a lot and he became a gym rat. Big Ben got even bigger, and Brady was downright gangly before Pro conditioning took place. Eli actually looks like a good wind could blow him down the road in his warm up suits, but I don't blame him for not messing with his training regiment with his track record. Bradford is an example of a fragile looking QB.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              what makes you think that ?

                              just throwing it out there so you can say you said so if it happens ?
                              Way to early to tell. Actually way to early to even be talking about him being Eli's Backup. He is just Eli's Backup's Backup right now, lol. Well Tech with 4 to start Camp he is not even that. He is the Backups, Backup, Backup..Right? Well hopefully he impresses enough to be able to get rid the winner between Johnson and Geno by next season. Then this David Carr Piece can make some sense to him ...Right now he is not even holding clip boards yet. Just getting water for the guy that brings the water to the guy that is holding the clip board.
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                                Way to early to tell. Actually way to early to even be talking about him being Eli's Backup. He is just Eli's Backup's Backup right now, lol. Well Tech with 4 to start Camp he is not even that. He is the Backups, Backup, Backup..Right? Well hopefully he impresses enough to be able to get rid the winner between Johnson and Geno by next season. Then this David Carr Piece can make some sense to him ...Right now he is not even holding clip boards yet. Just getting water for the guy that brings the water to the guy that is holding the clip board.
                                the kid mechanically already looks better than any backup I have ever seen under Eli ... including the current backups at mini camp

                                I don't mean this in a bad way ... but he reminds me of Dave Brown physically ... who was also very good mechanically and had a rocket arm

                                lets just hope he turns out to be a better player when the lights are on

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X