As Eli Manning's backup, rookie Davis Webb should expect ...by David Carr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I'm not sure what makes you think that ... but I don't think it is true at all

I'm obviously not in coach's head ...
    Its the little things that have suggested this to me. He has, numerous times, thrown eli under the bus when it came to the offenses or the OL defeciencies. There seems to be a trend of throwing eli under the bus for reason X Y or Z.

Not saying you are wrong by any means. But it does seem like their could be something to this. I just dont sense that coaches love from mac to eli. You have been on or near a football field to know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by AGiantDynasty; 06-18-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
      Its the little things that have suggested this to me. He has, numerous times, thrown eli under the bus when it came to the offenses or the OL defeciencies. There seems to be a trend of throwing eli under the bus for reason X Y or Z.

Not saying you are wrong by any means. But it does seem like their could be something to this. I just sense that coaches love from mac to eli. You have been on or near a football field to know what I'm talking about.
      I think you are reading coaches messages all wrong

he made those comments toward Eli for a couple reasons

to save from destroying the confidence of a young tackle who has been getting destroyed in the media
      and to show that even someone like Eli is not free from criticism on this team ... all the while knowing that Eli can take all of it

these are textbook coaching tactics that McAdoo is employing here ... and I think he 100% did the right thing

Comment

to save from destroying the confidence of a young tackle who has been getting destroyed in the media
        and to show that even someone like Eli is not free from criticism on this team ... all the while knowing that Eli can take all of it

these are textbook coaching tactics that McAdoo is employing here ... and I think he 100% did the right thing
        Yeah, I agree. Mac seems pretty smart.

Unlike message board posters, he knows exactly what's he's got at QB and how fortunate he is, particularly as a young coach. I think he's playing it pretty much as YA states above.

Comment

I wish it was his scheme and playcalling, but my favourite thing about MacAdoo so far has been how he handles the media and the players + his demeanor. These are refreshing changes IMO. He is very professional

I am hoping (and I am optimistic) that I will be impressed by his offence this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
            I wish it was his scheme and playcalling, but my favourite thing about MacAdoo so far has been how he handles the media and the players + his demeanor. These are refreshing changes IMO. He is very professional

I am hoping (and I am optimistic) that I will be impressed by his offence this year too.
            I was at mini camp on Wed. and there were probably two or three muffed snaps between Eli and Richburg ... after every one he made both of them sit for a couple plays

I never in a decade plus saw Coughlin do that

Good stuff

Comment

I was at mini camp on Wed. and there were probably two or three muffed snaps between Eli and Richburg ... after every one he made both of them sit for a couple plays

Good stuff
              Haha, love it. Benny Mac is my kind of guy

Comment

Good stuff
                Didn't you say that happened in OTA's also? Sound like a lot of muffed snaps.

Comment

Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                  FIXED IT!!!!
                  lol
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                  X