No announcement yet.

Giants hoping Ereck Flowers' new attitude will help left tackle finally bloom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's clearly in all Giants fans interest if he simply becomes a competent LT. That's all I'm hoping for.
    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

The hell with his attitude he has the pass blocking technique of a high school kid.

Comment

All good things I am hearing about Flowers. I've been on his side since day one and still am. People counting out a 22 year old after just two seasons is mind boggling to me. Especially when you consider all the other issues on the O last year. I hope Flowers proves people wrong. Just wish I knew he was going to train some boxing, I would have come down to NY/NJ and helped him out.

Originally posted by drewz View Post
        Well, what's McAdoo gonna say?
        Why do people say this every single time someone says anything? He could say nothing. He could say "he needs to improve his technique". He could say a million other things. Just because people disagree with stuff doesn't mean the guy is making it up. Maybe Mac actually thinks it's true.
        LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
          You need to give him into mid season. Hopefully it's sooner, but if by week 9 he still sucks, then it's time to cut the cord.
          I think he is on a shorter leash then that. I am pulling for both our young tackles. If these 2 are become good as we want them to be . They have the possibility to anchor the line for 10 years

I am puling for the entire line . I would rather have JJ mom have 9 million threads explaining on why she was right all off season, then have anyone on the O-line fail.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
            I think he is on a shorter leash then that. I am pulling for both our young tackles. If these 2 are become good as we want them to be . They have the possibility to anchor the line for 10 years

I am puling for the entire line . I would rather have JJ mom have 9 million threads explaining on why she was right all off season, then have anyone on the O-line fail.
            lol

Comment

Go blue!!
              I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                Agreed.

No one has been satisfied with his play to date including Big Ereck. And the young man is working his butt off to improve.

How can any Giant fan not be rooting for this guy big time?
                I am rooting for him big time. He is our only hope at LT.

My gripe is with the media. How many dozens of times will we have to read the same EXACT story in the Post/News/Times?

If there is nothing else to write about, the editors of those papers need to let some of those lazy writers go.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                  Agreed.
                  How can any Giant fan not be rooting for this guy big time?
                  Some might say he shouldn't have waited until his 3rd season to act like a professional. He doesn't get a cookie for something he should have been doing since day 1. Seems a bit selfish to wait until youre about to get fired to start doing your job and take it more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                    Some might say he shouldn't have waited until his 3rd season to act like a professional. He doesn't get a cookie for something he should have been doing since day 1. Seems a bit selfish to wait until youre about to get fired to start doing your job and take it more serious.
                    Or maybe it simply took him that long to LEARN or FIGURE OUT the level of commitment necessary to succeed in the league. It's actually pretty common with young players, especially those that, up until hitting the NFL, were able to succeed simply because of how physically dominant they were.

I certainly hope he succeeds, the team is depending on it.

However, I think it's a bad strategy for him to pretty much be our only option at LT. Even if they think he'll be successful, how about getting some reliable depth in the even on an injury? What if he shows great in the pre-season, solidifies his spot and then gets another bad ankle injury? At the moment they'd have to shuffle the entire OL if he gets hurt.
                    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

I don't disagree with you but some context is important. He's a huge guy, in college he was pushing around future CPAs without having to work nearly as hard and he's like 23. Like Beckham, a little lattitiude is appropriate. I can not honestly say I was mature at 23/24 years old to consistently make the right decisions. It's a little unfair and perhaps unrealistic to hold these guys to such high standards.

Comment

I think "the light bulb went on" for him. I'm pulling for him. He has now realized he cannot rely on his size to win his battles. If he wants to stay in the league, he must work at his craft just like he owns his own business--the business of being a Pro LT in the NFL. If you take your foot off the pedal as a business owner you immediately begin to back slide. I think quickness and technique were his issues and I think he has worked hard to address this. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          I LOVE the attitude. I'm going to be rooting for him big time this season
                          I'm pulling for Flowers. JR usually does very well with his 1st Rd picks. We need Flowers to produce, but I always liked his attitude. I hope (and think) he will show a log of progress a lot this season.

I think he'll be servicable throughout his career.

Comment

Drafted as a right tackle Flowers played his entire rookie season as a left tackle and somewhere during that season suffered a high ankle sprain and played thru it. And he was 21 and playing arguably the second hardest position on the field. Not excusing his play last year but sometimes it takes a year or two for the younger players to understand the year round demands required.

Give the young man a break. Maybe you got it at 21. Not sure I did.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                              I am rooting for him big time. He is our only hope at LT.

My gripe is with the media. How many dozens of times will we have to read the same EXACT story in the Post/News/Times?

If there is nothing else to write about, the editors of those papers need to let some of those lazy writers go.
                              You're right.

It's as if these guys get the same homework assignment.

Comment

I wanna see more attitude from stay Puff

Comment

Working...
                                X