No announcement yet.

Giants hoping Ereck Flowers' new attitude will help left tackle finally bloom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants hoping Ereck Flowers' new attitude will help left tackle finally bloom

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3250488

Excerpt: "The Giants believe they replaced Ereck Flowers this offseason without drafting or signing another left tackle.

They believe a new version of Flowers is walking around the training center in East Rutherford, eating better, slimming down, boxing to improve quickness and hand placement, honing his technique, and carrying the right attitude.

And so on Thursday, it was refreshing to hear Flowers express confidence that he'll remain Big Blue's left tackle for a long time, and it was enough to confirm that his fight for respect in the NFL is not over.

"What makes me believe that?" Flowers said, repeating the question. "I mean, what's the point of being out there if you don't believe in yourself?" Read more..
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I LOVE the attitude. I'm going to be rooting for him big time this season
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Many people here said slimming down won't help his technique. McAdoo thinks it will. We will have that question answered in a 4-5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
        Many people here said slimming down won't help his technique. McAdoo thinks it will. We will have that question answered in a 4-5 months.
        Well, what's McAdoo gonna say?

The main issue with Flowers is that his feet moves like it's strapped to two cinder blocks, maybe being lighter will help this, but as Flowers said, the only way we'll know is when he gets the pads on.

Comment

I feel like Rip Van Winkle. Is it 2018? How did I miss Flowers' third season????

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
            4-5 months. That is October-November I hope it is answered in August. It was apparent in the preseason last year what the Offensive line was. As matter of fact the preseason was a pretty accurate view of what the entire offense was going to be for the season. I want him to come out of the gate dominating his opponents.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
              4-5 months. That is October-November I hope it is answered in August. It was apparent in the preseason last year what the Offensive line was. As matter of fact the preseason was a pretty accurate view of what the entire offense was going to be for the season. I want him to come out of the gate dominating his opponents.
              Fact is he has played well at times in both his first 2 seasons. And he played much better in the beginning of last year than he did towards the end.

Not saying I buy the preseason hype, but I'll defer judgement and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                You need to give him into mid season. Hopefully it's sooner, but if by week 9 he still sucks, then it's time to cut the cord.

Comment

All we can do is hope that he shows significant improvement... the Giants are going all in on Flowers with no real LT behind him to take his spot. He seems to be doing and saying all the right things, so I am mildly optimistic.
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I just hope for solid improvement and consistency.
                    I don't think the guy will ever be in the HOF.
                    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I just hope for solid improvement and consistency.
                      I don't think the guy will ever be in the HOF.
                      I'd settle for the Hall of Mediocrity.

Comment

He's trying as best as he can at this point. I won't harp on him anymore. Good luck Ereck...hope your best seasons are ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                          I LOVE the attitude. I'm going to be rooting for him big time this season
                          Agreed.

No one has been satisfied with his play to date including Big Ereck. And the young man is working his butt off to improve.

How can any Giant fan not be rooting for this guy big time?

Comment

Like all of us I'm rooting for him of course but until we see in pre season I'm not buying in. His first season was so tough for him moving from RT to Lt as a rookie. Playing hurt and not missing a game. I liked what we had a tough kid that wasn't suppose to be the LT for another year or two. Last year I believe he got lost and you couldn't count on him. As big as he was we still couldn't run behind him and Pugh on the left side. Hoping for improvement and results or our potential for an explosive offense could fall flat on it's face. O line please be strong at the very least mediocre might be good enough. Not a repeat of last year.

Comment

I don't like kicking kids when they are down, I hope Erick makes all the haters enjoy their large serving of crow this year.
                              The drive for five still continues............

Comment

Working...
                              X