No announcement yet.

Davis Webb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collins threw for more yards than Joe Montana.

so I'll sign that analogy in a heartbeat

Collins and Webb are both are tall with a nice fluid, over the top throwing motion

ideal for the NFL

if Webb has anything between the ears, he should turn out to be a fine player

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
      Collins threw for more yards than Joe Montana.

so I'll sign that analogy in a heartbeat

Collins and Webb are both are tall with a nice fluid, over the top throwing motion

ideal for the NFL

if Webb has anything between the ears, he should turn out to be a fine player
      So we're comparing Collins to Montana now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
        So we're comparing Collins to Montana now?
        who do you mean "we"?

Comment

Collins had a wide stance and a deep reach back motion. They do have a similarity when Collins had to throw off his back foot and I notice Webb seems to do it when he doesn`t have to.
          On the overall quality thing, we led the league in 3rd down conversions over 15 yds. with Collins, and that`s with rec. who probably couldn`t break into our starting lineup today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post
            I'm in a similar camp. Collins was a decent enough QB but hardly a guy you win titles with. There is no way we should be "happy" if that's what Eli's current heir apparent turns out to be.
            You dont need a crazy good QB to win in this league if you put a solid team around him

Collins was a damn good QB. He was easily rattled, unfortunately, but he was a bright spot after several years of dark days at the QB spot.
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
              Collins had an arm, but if we're hoping Webb is "as good" we're hoping for mediocrity...at best. Collins had a less than 60% completion rate, had about a 1 to 1 QB to INT ratio, and ran like he had a piano on his back.

I'm hoping for more.
              That description can almost be put on Eli, although I dont think he's 1 to 1 with TD/INT, but it's close.He's got a 59.7% completion rate and cant run to save his life.
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                That description can almost be put on Eli, although I dont think he's 1 to 1 with TD/INT, but it's close.He's got a 59.7% completion rate and cant run to save his life.
                Pretty much. to me Eli is very much like Kerry Collins but with the "clutch gene".
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Agree, with Guy Ritch similarities are the number 5 and height. Collins was gunslinger when he was in Carolina.
                  When he became clean and sober he was more conservative.

Comment

does Eli have the highest completion % ever for QBs that only have 1 second to throw the ball? If there were such a stat a betting man would take Eli. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                      does Eli have the highest completion % ever for QBs that only have 1 second to throw the ball? If there were such a stat a betting man would take Eli. Just saying.
                      Stop. Lets not make excuses and exaggerate how much time he has to throw the damn ball.

A poster suggested that Collins had a sub 60% comp rate, couldn't run, and had a 1 to 1 TD/INT rate. All three of those things pretty much describe Eli perfectly, with the possible exception of the TD/INT, which is probably not too far off. It was nothing but an observation on my part, and not an inaccurate one.

Lets not turn this thread into a pointless Eli debate. Its a Davis Webb thread.

Comment

is there any stat guys in this forum that can derive/obtain stats for QB using "time to throw"? I'm curious how all the QBs fare when they are on a level playing field of time to throw. Tony romo had the same completion ratio of dak prescott...only romo did it over 14 seasons ... He did not have a good OLine every single year... dak had a great Oline last year..... Davis webb can be compared to other QBs in his draft class with the stat as well, if it exists.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                          is there any stat guys in this forum that can derive/obtain stats for QB using "time to throw"? I'm curious how all the QBs fare when they are on a level playing field of time to throw. Tony romo had the same completion ratio of dak prescott...only romo did it over 14 seasons ... He did not have a good OLine every single year... dak had a great Oline last year..... Davis webb can be compared to other QBs in his draft class with the stat as well, if it exists.
                          I'm about 99% sure that no such stat exists

Comment

Originally posted by StrahanTheMan View Post
                            Does he remind anyone else of a thinner Kerry Collins?

Not just physically but his throwing motion - I feel like i'm watching his son or something.
                            Kerry Collins could only throw on rhythm from the pocket. He couldn't throw while rolling out if his life depended on it. Whoever was calling plays back then kept running that play and I don't recall a single completion out of it. That will be the test if he is Collins deux.

BTW, WHEN he was able to throw on rhythm from the pocket, Collins was a very accurate, strong armed passer.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Stop. Lets not make excuses and exaggerate how much time he has to throw the damn ball.

A poster suggested that Collins had a sub 60% comp rate, couldn't run, and had a 1 to 1 TD/INT rate. All three of those things pretty much describe Eli perfectly, with the possible exception of the TD/INT, which is probably not too far off. It was nothing but an observation on my part, and not an inaccurate one.

Lets not turn this thread into a pointless Eli debate. Its a Davis Webb thread.
                              I agree it is a Webb thread and I want the kid to succeed. When Eli retires I want it to go seamlessly. I do not want the same situation that transpired when Simms retired.

Sorry I have to say 320 to 215 is hardly 1-1 TD to INT ratio. The other 2 absolutely

Collins actually is close with 208-196
                              Last edited by TEM; 06-17-2017, 06:37 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Can't say Webb reminds me of Collins at this stage.

I didn't know about Kerry until he joined the Giants but I have a feeling he wasn't a student of the game like Davis is.

Plus Davis can punt as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X